Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 9:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Good neighbors combined with big, mean looking dogs are good answers. I live on a dead end road, I have great neighbors but no dog. The two squad cars sitting in my driveway should be a deterrent, but I never count on **** like that. I simply found the best neighborhood that I can afford. There hasn’t been a crime reported there in the last twelve years, yet I always want to be prepared.

I live in a blue colar Hawaiian area. There are burglaries around here (electrics and a fridge! recently), but my street is protected by houses being too close together, way too many idiot barking dogs, mostly chained in backyards, and a fat guy on the corner who stares at everyone driving by. No one has aircon (Puna is damp, not hot and anyway at $0.43 a kilowatt...), everyone has jalousie windows that stay open for ventilation mold control that are easy to open. So I hear Brian when he wears ear phones and yells at the video game etc etc

I imagine that if they can sleep through Brian yelling **** at his screen at 1AM (I had to talk to him) and the idiot dogs barking my cries wouldn't wake anyone.

A couple I know were in a bad area (Detroit) in their motor home and one night someone broke in and he yelled at the top of his lungs, "What the hell is going on!?" and the perp split.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 12/18/2012 9:17pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 1:51am

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This picture sums this thread up nicely I think.

OT: Id probably get my phone and call the police while soiling my pants..
    Attached Images  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 3:15pm

Style: lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So you're in your house...

We don't have guns because we share a two bedroom flat with another couple who like to have family going in and out at all hours of the day. But there have been reports of a fellow getting into apartments in the area to sexually assault women, so she keeps herself locked in with her phone nearby if I'm not around. I put an extra bolt on the bedroom door. If I am around, the mutual understanding is that we don't freak out about noises in the outer room but everyone knows I'm touchy about our bedroom door. If we hear a concerted effort to damage that door, she immediately calls the police while our two jumpy parrots sound an alarm and I block the door by shoving the dresser over a few feet. If they manage to get through that before the cops arrive it'll be a rattan stick or baseball bat to the head.

Edit: with all the prerequisite soiling of pants, of course. That's a given.

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 4:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raving&Drooling View Post
    We don't have guns because we share a two bedroom flat with another couple who like to have family going in and out at all hours of the day.
    Wait...this is a reason not to have guns?

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 5:29pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My default response to a threat is a high kick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 7:31pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It depends. If its my dorm room than there isn't enough time to call for police as my door room is small as hell and there is not much I could do other than engage or pray and I would shoot in for a double leg if I couldn't see a visible weapon. Heck if he had a gun I would respond with the same. A knife I would try to throw my dresser between us and grab a trophy and beat the crap out of him with it. No matter the course of action I would be shooting for police and help the entire time.

If I was home on break like I am now, then I would call the police and grab the Shinai that I have in my room. I would wait and listen If I heard another door get broken into or a family member yell/scream I would try to bum rush the attacker from behind.

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 8:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    It depends. If its my dorm room...
    ...then human shields are in good supply.

If I was home...
    Ditto--just choose your most annoying relative.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 8:23pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    ...then human shields are in good supply.

Ditto--just choose your most annoying relative.
    Sadly this is not the case as my room mate dropped out and they haven't given me a new one, its awesome except for the fact I lack a human shield.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2012 5:39am

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rual Oklahoma town, state castle law, call 911 while grabboing my shotgun and 1911.meanwhile Baby Girl is showing her displeasure at somebody breaking into her home. Baby Girl is a 120 pound Rotweiller. If she is hurt , then unwanted body priecing wil insure. I will be shaking and scared after it is over. Unless I am lucky the County Sheriff is only 20 minutes away.

:)

Posted On:
    12/29/2012 7:58am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our 6 lb Pom is scared of flies. She is so cute it's stunning, though.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast