Posted On:
    10/27/2012 12:38am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdogg33 View Post
    the main being that the area the force is applied to is not mentioned
    Yes it has. You're skimming and interjecting your opinion without reading the actual posts (hint: the exact surface area is mentioned in the documentary I've posted twice now).

Assume 4 square inches. Hell, assume 9 if you really want to.

It's a fucking round stone.

Go for it, Einstein.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/27/2012 12:44am at .

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 12:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without contact area being entered into the equation, the amount of force, in this case, doesn't matter much.
    The contact area is going to be I don't know about the size of a sling-able sized rock

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 12:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Assume 4 square inches.
    Wasn't that the target size?

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 12:45am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Maybe. I forget. I think I might have said it 1,284 posts ago but I
    really can't recall.

I'm going to try Honey Boo Boo talk and then call it a night:

"Rock small but heavy. Target small. Force impact..very concetrated.

Rock go fast hit head hard make brain jelly. OK?

Now I go sleep, wake up and train. Honey Boo Boo Child.
    "
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/27/2012 12:52am at . Reason: Own brain jelly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 2:06am

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I intentionally quoted you out of context. Why? Well, your first inclination would be correct.

That's too bad; there are some great side benefits. We give out free wine and snacks at every Mass. Church is a great place to watch people. And have you seen the Catholic Schoolgirl Uniforms?

For the record: Pope Benedict has had a couple of verbal gaffes about interfaith relations, but he certainly has never advocated Crusade against Buddhists. Which is good, because the Church did away with all the truly militant orders and the remaining Knights of Malta are a bunch of pansies. Buddhists, on the other hand, still enjoy martial monks.

It would be epic though, wouldn't it?

Well, every time this Catholic shows up at the Dharma Hall, the Monk of Booze and War beats me up and berates me. When he comes over to my house, he drinks all my beer and mead. Maybe you'll fare better, I dunno...
    After reading many posts, and beating my head on the wall, I am happy to come across this one. OK, you quoted me out of context on purpose, and you did it just to **** with me. I like that! I also like the uniforms.

As for the Monk of Booze and War, if I met him in person, I might invite him over for a beer or 12. I would make sure I had plenty, and Good beer too, and I don't mean Coors Light. Being new, I can't really tell if the guy really dislikes me, and has no respect for me, just enjoys fucking with me or what. I would still drink beer and talk with him, just for the experience of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 2:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it has. You're skimming and interjecting your opinion without reading the actual posts (hint: the exact surface area is mentioned in the documentary I've posted twice now).

Assume 4 square inches. Hell, assume 9 if you really want to.

OK, your saying I must not have read your posts completely, and so do not understand. So help me understand your next post.

It's a fucking round stone.

Go for it, Einstein.
    OK your saying I didn't pay enough attention to your posts. If I did not I am sorry for that. Maybe I missed something. Then again, maybe you missed a thing or two yourself. Maybe you're skimming and interjecting into your own posts. Look at the next couple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 2:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Hmm, I don't know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 2:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe. I forget. I think I might have said it 1,284 posts ago but I
    really can't recall.

I'm going to try Honey Boo Boo talk and then call it a night:

"Rock small but heavy. Target small. Force impact..very concetrated.

Rock go fast hit head hard make brain jelly. OK?

Now I go sleep, wake up and train. Honey Boo Boo Child.
    "
    You don't know, and you really can't recall? And I'm not paying close enough attention to your posts to comment on them, me, Einstein? If you can't even remember what you said about it, how the hell do you expect me to?
    I'm not Einstein, but I do understand physics. You aren't sure if the number you gave is the size of the projectile or the target? It's clearly mentioned in the documentary you posted? Did you watch it and understand any of it? The numbers are clearly stated in the documentary you posted? You said something about it, but you really don't recall.

That says just about everything about what you had to say. Even you didn't care enough to remember it, so neither do I.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 3:05am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK I have taken advanced science courses and physics. I'm only stating this because it was brought up already, and I do understand.
    You fail at reading, understanding posts and context. I told you once, READ THE ENTIRE SEQUENCE YOU MISSED BEFORE YOU POST. I like how you go back through and then add a redundant take to what has been said. You'll look less like a fucking idiot if you quit posting like you are 12 and read ALL OF THE POSTS before responding.

The numbers by far do not mean everything, nor do they mean nothing.
    CONTEXT. In his case, where he is arguing 3600 vs. 9000 THE NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING.
    Other factors involved are not mentioned, the main being that the area the force is applied to is not mentioned, and that is extremely important when it comes to penetration and breakage.
    Wow. You understand this is why Rabbit said he can't be bothered and laced that post with sarcasm? You understand that's why he said you are skimming? He didn't realize you like to respond, get angry and then miss all of the other posts that contain the information you think people missed or didn't understand. **** your advanced science, go take a reading class and learn how to skim correctly.

Hit a bone with a 2 by 6 on the flat side, at a certain amount of newtons, and it doesn't break. Now hit it with the narrow side, and see if it breaks. The same amount of total force is now concentrated on an area 1/3 the size.
    This is addressed in the link I produced and the part I quoted.

Without contact area being entered into the equation, the amount of force, in this case, doesn't matter much. How many newtons of force does it take to push an ice pick through a skull? A lot less that a 2 by 4 does.
    Yes, I addressed this as well. Now, instead of trying to show off your "Advanced Science," how about you show us that your reading is up to par? Right now, it sucks ass just like your redundant posting habits.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/27/2012 3:15am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 5:57am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you all for this thread. I was going to post on in Boff topic requesting sources covering the existence of a historical Jesus. You have even provided me with clear arguments for the discussion that I needed the sources for. Even Bnet made appearance, that's always a pleasure. Cheers.