Our Sponsors:

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041 424344 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 3:15pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdogg33 View Post
    Either you're fucking with me, or you didn't really read my post, and also quoted me out of context.
    I intentionally quoted you out of context. Why? Well, your first inclination would be correct.

I said I questioned many things about Roman Catholic teachings since I was a kid, and many teachings I've since rejected, and I no longer consider myself Roman Catholic.
    That's too bad; there are some great side benefits. We give out free wine and snacks at every Mass. Church is a great place to watch people. And have you seen the Catholic Schoolgirl Uniforms?

I don't give a flying **** what Pope Benedict said. The Catholic Church has done many, many horrible things, and killing unbelievers is among them. I wasn't there, and I haven't done it myself.
    For the record: Pope Benedict has had a couple of verbal gaffes about interfaith relations, but he certainly has never advocated Crusade against Buddhists. Which is good, because the Church did away with all the truly militant orders and the remaining Knights of Malta are a bunch of pansies. Buddhists, on the other hand, still enjoy martial monks.

It would be epic though, wouldn't it?

Categorically impossible? The Drunk Monk of War has no interest in peaceful conversation with me, or only to criticize me, but he's only one. It is possible.

jdogg33
    Well, every time this Catholic shows up at the Dharma Hall, the Monk of Booze and War beats me up and berates me. When he comes over to my house, he drinks all my beer and mead. Maybe you'll fare better, I dunno...

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 3:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No.
    Sorry I shouldn't have used the word we instead you since that is what he said.

Wrong again.
    Says the guy who said "Look a letter from a legionnaire needing socks." The mundane is written about and recorded all of the time. Do you need the articles?
    Its more of the mundane doesn't make it into the realm of stories that are used to show divine provenance. Well that is if Davids win over Goliath is suppose to be divine provenance this I will freely admit to not knowing, but was under the impression of that is why it is in the religious texts.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 3:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its more of the mundane doesn't make it into the realm of stories that are used to show divine provenance.
    My major was not Religion, but my minor was extremely close. You are wrong. The dudes a fucking shepherd, whoop dee fucking do. Yes, the mundane is ACTUALLY used to make the Divine, the evil and the good appear to have a greater significance.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 3:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Well, every time this Catholic shows up at the Dharma Hall, the Monk of Booze and War beats me up and berates me. When he comes over to my house, he drinks all my beer and mead. Maybe you'll fare better, I dunno...
    I doubt it.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** math, physics, slings, and everything internet related.

Friday here, time for pushups, then I have to go buy a generator.

Good evening gentlemen.

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 3:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My major was not Religion, but my minor was extremely close. You are wrong. The dudes a fucking shepherd, whoop dee fucking do. Yes, the mundane is ACTUALLY used to make the Divine, the evil and the good appear to have a greater significance.
    I think we are walking down a similar path here.

My question would be what makes this story extraordinary is it because the guy was a
    mundane shepherd that killed this giant of a warrior?
    or
    The shot from the sling was this extraordinarily shot to a small unarmored place knocking out/killing this giant of a warrior?
    or
    The ultimate combination of both?

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 4:00pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Friday here, time for pushups, then I have to go buy a generator.
    What he said. Wabbit, don't forget the beer and mead.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 11:27pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, at least ezerb has an excuse for not knowing how to use or misunderstanding sarcasm. That's a nice way of telling you, you are a fucking idiot if you believe religion stops people from being friends.

People make those choices all on their own.
    Well, perhaps I'm not a fucking idiot, because the fact that people of different religions and heritage can be friends, is exactly what I was trying to point out.

After reading a few pages of guys dogging each other for their heritage or ethnicity, I thought I'd throw that in there.

I've met people from many countries, religions and backgrounds that I liked quite well. There are both good and bad people from every background, as well as open minded people and fucking idiots.

I've noticed that I'm by far not alone, that no matter what I say, no matter what the subject, someone thinks I'm a fucking idiot. I'm seeing that that applies to about everyone who posts, and some get dogged a lot worse than me. Freedom of Speech seems to be a rule here, so it is starting to bother me very little.

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 11:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Freedom of Speech seems to be a rule here, so it is starting to bother me very little.
    Hey it only took 41 pages for you to figure that out

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 12:36am

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been waiting for a football reference.
    Hahahahahaha and?

I told you to ignore the numbers:
    http://www.livescience.com/6040-brut...ans-punch.html

Now, there is a reason I told you to ignore the numbers. If you took a science class, even a decent one in high school, you'd understand, NUMBERS don't always tell the whole story.
    Here is a hint from the same article:

Uh oh, that's what you are trying to argue AGAINST right now. So, that actually negates your "OMG HIGHER NUMBERS MEANS RABBIT'S ARGUMENT IS INVALID."

Do we need to discuss what EVERYONE else understands about newtons, projectiles, shapes, and other determining factors that make your number meaningless?
    OK I have taken advanced science courses and physics. I'm only stating this because it was brought up already, and I do understand.

The numbers by far do not mean everything, nor do they mean nothing. Other factors involved are not mentioned, the main being that the area the force is applied to is not mentioned, and that is extremely important when it comes to penetration and breakage. Hit a bone with a 2 by 6 on the flat side, at a certain amount of newtons, and it doesn't break. Now hit it with the narrow side, and see if it breaks. The same amount of total force is now concentrated on an area 1/3 the size.

Without contact area being entered into the equation, the amount of force, in this case, doesn't matter much. How many newtons of force does it take to push an ice pick through a skull? A lot less that a 2 by 4 does.