221420 Bullies, 3959 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 437
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Charles Brown is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island
    Posts
    241

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:33pm

    supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .... failure to read.
    Last edited by Charles Brown; 10/14/2012 9:36pm at . Reason: duh
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,764

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:34pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    please do point me in the right direction, I want to have a better understanding of what your trying to get at.
    I can't you are using modern times to bolster your argument for record keeping in past times.

    Pilate was a judge or governor or both. There are thousands of judges, In America, that no one gives a **** about. 2000 years from now one of those guys might be Pilate.

    That's the best I can do.
  3. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,904

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:37pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Brown View Post
    Can you demonstrate HOW he failed to apply critical thinking or presenting an honest argument? I certainly disagree with you, but I can't express an argument until I understand your premise.
    Its typical one sided documentary crap you see, I am not going to sit back down and re-watch and take notes to point it all out.
    We are going to have to just agree to disagree here.
  4. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,904

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:40pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I can't you are using modern times to bolster your argument for record keeping in past times.

    Pilate was a judge or governor or both. There are thousands of judges, In America, that no one gives a **** about. 2000 years from now one of those guys might be Pilate.

    That's the best I can do.
    Lost to the sands of time by being insignificant. Fair enough.
  5. Charles Brown is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island
    Posts
    241

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. The crucification was fairly insignificant at the time. That's why it is difficult to find records of the event. That is indisputable. it wasn't considered significant until about a hundred years later. The Jews certainly didn't give a **** about it, as they considered Christ to be a crazy loser and an infidel. The Romans just thought of him as an emotionally disturbed person who might some day become a threat.


    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Lost to the sands of time by being insignificant. Fair enough.
  6. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,904

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:51pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Brown View Post
    it wasn't considered significant until about a hundred years later.
    Here is the crux of my problem.
    Tell me about someone from 100 years ago without records.
    Such as say your Great Grandfather, tell me anything significant about him.
  7. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,878

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This talk of no records and what the Hoosits thought 2000 years ago is child-like.

    I don't know the year my grandfathers were born (because I'm absent-minded), but I know the years Pontius Pilatus ruled Judaea because it was carved into a record.

    26-36AD.

  8. Charles Brown is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island
    Posts
    241

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 10:01pm

    supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point. I'm 36 and I have no freaking idea what my great grandparents were or what they did. Half of them were in Italy and the other half were in Finland and Germany. I don't know a freaking thing about them, and they lived less than a hundred years ago. it stands to reason, then, that a man who lived two thousand-twelve years ago might not have much of a record of his life, especially considering that his life and actions were generally considered to be insignificant at the time.



    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Here is the crux of my problem.
    Tell me about someone from 100 years ago without records.
    Such as say your Great Grandfather, tell me anything significant about him.
    Last edited by Charles Brown; 10/14/2012 10:10pm at .
  9. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,904

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 10:15pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    This talk of no records and what the Hoosits thought 2000 years ago is child-like.

    I don't know the year my grandfathers were born (because I'm absent-minded), but I know the years Pontius Pilatus ruled Judaea because it was carved into a record.

    26-36AD.

    Already mentioned
    But the date range on it is important.
    As Mark was most likely not written till around 70AD and was most likely the 1st written.
    About this same time is also when we see Josephus writings of 75-99
    and Tacitus around 116.

    As far as silly yes I get things can be lost but the fact that Romans and Jews where fairly literate we can find 2000 year old roman records. We can find 2000 year old Jewish diary entries and 2000 year old letters from Roman Solders. We can find 2000 year old Roman invoices and buisness records. We can find 2000 year old Census data. We know an awful lot about Rome because they where diligent record keepers do we have all of it? Is it all searchable and accessible no of course not.
    We actually know less about the time period after the fall of Rome due to literacy rate dropping.
    Is it proof that the trial didn't happen hell no.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,764

    Posted On:
    10/14/2012 10:24pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    This talk of no records and what the Hoosits thought 2000 years ago is child-like.
    Uh oh, goodlun said he wasn't raised Christian, you are about to turn into Super Dumb bitch Rabbit.
    I don't know the year my grandfathers were born (because I'm absent-minded), but I know the years Pontius Pilatus ruled Judaea because it was carved into a record.

    26-36AD.

    No, child like is you using a logical fallacy because you can't follow the discussion.

    It isn't silly, as I said to VM do you need the scholarly studies and debates that show it is up in arms?

    Oh and since you will go off the deep end, who debated when, where or if he existed?

    Yep, that is your logical fallacy. Baby.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/14/2012 10:31pm at .
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.