Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 8:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Just to be nonreligious, a dude was tried, convicted and killed for his beliefs. Seriously, that happens a ton throughout history. Everyone knows MLKjrs story, not too many people know about William Lewis Moore.
    I do get what your saying, however you example is perfect while William Lewis Moore isn't a household name, I can find contemporary accounts of him and why he was murdered and his significance even if it didn't have that lasting everyone knows who he is appeal.
    This is because we are a people that keep records.
    The Romans and the Jews also where impeccable record keepers. I have seen amazing historical investigations where they have biographied the occupants of tombs finding invoices and journal entries about their lives.
    You would think a trail of significance would spawn some sorts of a contemporary accounting.
    For that matter where did the two Roman historians I mentioned earlier get their accounts?
    Don't get me wrong I know a lack of evidence isn't proof of lack. I also get that records and the what not can be lost to the sands of time.
    I get that Pilot most likely is real, him being pressured by the local elders I am more skeptical about with out any sort of contemporary record it will be hard to prove one way or the other.

Registered Member

New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:02pm

supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you stating that you have watched both? Or, are you trying to insinuate that you have watched both, without actually stating that you have? If you have watched both, I'll watch your recommendation and report back. You must admit, however, that the authors are not comparable by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I love the assumption that I have not. Maybe just maybe its not as convincing as you think it is.

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Brown View Post
    Are you stating that you have watched both? Or, are you trying to insinuate that you have watched both, without actually stating that you have? If you have watched both, I'll watch your recommendation and report back. You must admit, however, that the authors are not comparable by any means.
    I have watched both, you watching Religious is pointless however it is funny but by no means an intellectually honest piece the same way the case for Christ isn't.
    The thing about Religious is it speaks to those of us who already see religion as silly it is by no means persuasive. No new ideas come out of it.
    But all of these type of programs such as "The god who wasn't there" or any of its opposites are always horribly flawed and are not looking to present a compelling and cogent argument. Certainly never present both sides of a debate with any sort of intellectual honesty.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:18pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdogg33 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the story was made up though. David was never trained in Chinese Boxing, or MMA.
    David was trained in Hebrew desert warfare from childhood, so he had few equals.

He was known to "circumcise" and collect the foreskins of Philistine soldiers on the battlefield.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/14/2012 9:22pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do get what your saying, however you example is perfect while William Lewis Moore isn't a household name, I can find contemporary accounts of him and why he was murdered and his significance even if it didn't have that lasting everyone knows who he is appeal.
    Naw, you don't get what I am saying.

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Naw, you don't get what I am saying.
    please do point me in the right direction, I want to have a better understanding of what your trying to get at.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:27pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK. So, you have watched both. As I said that I would, I'll watch "Religious" and I'll report back. The only thing is this; the author of "Case for Christ" was an atheist with a PhD. who set out to disprove the existence of Christ, only to conclude that Christ must have existed. Mahr was a comedian who set out to prove that Christ didn't exist, and used comedy to prove that he didn't. Can you see the difference?

I have watched both, you watching Religious is pointless however it is funny but by no means an intellectually honest piece the same way the case for Christ isn't.
    The thing about Religious is it speaks to those of us who already see religion as silly it is by no means persuasive. No new ideas come out of it.
    But all of these type of programs such as "The god who wasn't there" or any of its opposites are always horribly flawed and are not looking to present a compelling and cogent argument. Certainly never present both sides of a debate with any sort of intellectual honesty.

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:27pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    David was trained in Hebrew desert warfare from childhood, so he had few equals.
    So Krav Maga then

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Brown View Post
    OK. So, you have watched both. As I said that I would, I'll watch "Religious" and I'll report back. The only thing is this; the author of "Case for Christ" was an atheist with a PhD. who set out to disprove the existence of Christ, only to conclude that Christ must have existed. Mahr was a comedian who set out to prove that Christ didn't exist, and used comedy to prove that he didn't. Can you see the difference?
    Can you see that Mahr didn't set out to prove anything?
    Also don't care if he is an Atheist, Buddhist, Christian, Pastafarian or the what not, nor do I care about his education.
    None of that maters when he failed so horribly at applying critical thinking and presenting an honest argument.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something tells me that the training back then was a bit more "alive" than the KM training of today. I can't be certain, as I wasn't alive two thousand years ago, but I just have that feeling.

So Krav Maga then
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast