228065 Bullies, 4784 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 221 to 230 of 437
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 2425262733 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    There's not enough words to describe my existence.

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,281

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 2:12pm

    supporting member
     Style: No Style

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    The bible fact checked?? Lol. And no I don't take the word of billions of idiots who think the earth is 9000 years old and that people rode dinosaurs while cloud people watched.
    You are also forgetting the Old Testament is also almost entirely based on the Hebrew Tanakh, which includes a genealogical accounting of Hebrew tribes that can be traced more than 3000 years to the current generation.

    It's tough to hear point to specific stories and allegories within the Bible that may not be true, as some sort of proof that the Jews made their entire history up for thousands of years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Metal armor was also padded by animal skins to reduce blunt impact. The type of blunt weapons that crush armor are usually maces and clubs which have a much greater transfer of energy than a thrown rock. Do you have some science to back the claim that a sling of that era can kill an armored man??
    Another straw man. Really they were all wrapped up in animal skins in the scorching desert?

    How many actual experts do you need to hear call the ancient sling an "incredibly effective weapon" and how armies of sling throwers could overcome "technologically superior forces"??

    Just shut the **** up and watch.

    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/24/2012 2:29pm at . Reason: Note from scholar: Goliath was wearing over 120 lbs of bronze armor, and died from a sling strike..
  2. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    There's not enough words to describe my existence.

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,281

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 2:36pm

    supporting member
     Style: No Style

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are the best parts:

    "The snap heard from a sling is a sonic boom; so much power is released that the end of the sling actually breaks the sound barrier."
    Now in Goliath's case, he was hit in a small unarmored area.

    Luck or divine? Who the **** cares.

    But note the test strike of 3,600 newtons, and the baseline of 3,000 to smash a concrete block.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/24/2012 2:42pm at .
  3. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,148

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 2:41pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    You are also forgetting the Old Testament is also almost entirely based on the Hebrew Tanakh, which includes a genealogical accounting of Hebrew tribes that can be traced more than 3000 years to the current generation.

    It's tough to hear point to specific stories and allegories within the Bible that may not be true, as some sort of proof that the Jews made their entire history up for thousands of years.



    Another straw man. Really they were all wrapped up in animal skins in the scorching desert?

    How many actual experts do you need to hear call the ancient sling an "incredibly effective weapon" and how armies of sling throwers could overcome "technologically superior forces"??

    Just shut the **** up and watch.

    I don't care what the old testament is based on, it's a bunch of stories about people using powers to part rivers, rain frogs, and nuke people into salt pillars. So that in itself makes it hard to believe any of the crap contained within it.

    It's funny though the Romans didn't seem to have a problem against slingers since their armor protected them from thrown rocks.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,012

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 2:41pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, at least I know Bnet is truly that idiot. You know the one right? The guy who can make two opposing sides stop arguing and say "YOU are a Fucking idiot."


    Oh and as far as that particle, at least science can prove to an extent the existence of such particles, I have yet to see god hover down from his cloud.
    You realize you just made his point right?


    **** you are stupid.
  5. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    There's not enough words to describe my existence.

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,281

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 2:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: No Style

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I don't care what the old testament is based on, it's family histories, stories, allegorical tales, and pieces of it are part of the archaeological record.
    Fixed that for you.

    So you throw the baby out with the bathwater. Because it's not 100% historically provable, it's 100% false?

    You are basically discounting archaeological evidence of stuff at least several thousand years old as if it were some completely made up modern thing like Scientology.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It's funny though the Romans didn't seem to have a problem against slingers since their armor protected them from thrown rocks.
    Wrong again. The Romans both feared and recruited slingers, precisely because their armor did not protect them from slings.

    You completely discounted Vegetius writing on slings.

    I will quote him again since you can't read.

    "Recruits are to be taught the art of throwing stones both with the hand and sling. The inhabitants of the Balearic Islands are said to have been the inventors of slings, and to have managed them with surprising dexterity, owing to the manner of bringing up their children. The children were not allowed to have their food by their mothers till they had first struck it with their sling. Soldiers, notwithstanding their defensive armor, are often more annoyed by the round stones from the sling than by all the arrows of the enemy. Stones kill without mangling the body, and the contusion is mortal without loss of blood. It is universally known the ancients employed slingers in all their engagements. There is the greater reason for instructing all troops, without exception, in this exercise, as the sling cannot be reckoned any incumberance, and often is of the greatest service, especially when they are obliged to engage in stony places, to defend a mountain or an eminence, or to repulse an enemy at the attack of a castle or city."
  6. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,148

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 3:13pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Fixed that for you.

    So you throw the baby out with the bathwater. Because it's not 100% historically provable, it's 100% false?

    You are basically discounting archaeological evidence of stuff at least several thousand years old as if it were some completely made up modern thing
    Just because it is historical in origin doesn't mean it isn't made up. And I am not discounting all of it, I'm simply not believing it on faith value. Sorry but parting seas ranks up their with chi in my book, and it doesn't take alot of bullshit to stink up a whole room. Maybe there is some actual truth in the bible, but with the massive bullshit also in it, it makes everything else seem less believable.
  7. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,148

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 3:23pm


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Well, at least I know Bnet is truly that idiot. You know the one right? The guy who can make two opposing sides stop arguing and say "YOU are a Fucking idiot."

    You realize you just made his point right?


    **** you are stupid.
    Fucking hell you are an ass. At least rabbit makes a sound argument, all you have is insults.
  8. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 3:37pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    The bible fact checked?? Lol. And no I don't take the word of billions of idiots who think the earth is 9000 years old and that people rode dinosaurs while cloud people watched.
    You're a fucking idiot. You're as much a fundamentalist as any Rightwing Christian zealot.
  9. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 3:39pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I don't care what the old testament is based on, it's a bunch of stories about people using powers to part rivers, rain frogs, and nuke people into salt pillars. So that in itself makes it hard to believe any of the crap contained within it.
    And yet historians, archaelogists, and other scholars do regularly.

    Who are you and what qualifications do you have again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It's funny though the Romans didn't seem to have a problem against slingers since their armor protected them from thrown rocks.
    And you base that claim on what?
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,012

    Posted On:
    10/24/2012 3:44pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Fucking hell you are an ass. At least rabbit makes a sound argument, all you have is insults.
    That doesn't negate that you are a fucking idiot. Stupid ignorant piece of ****. All you do is parrot other people's ideas and arguments. You are too dumb to see you missed Bodhi's, Rabbits, and ezerb's points, while using those EXACT ARGUMENTS to try and make your fully in agreement point,

    Pull your head out of your ass and go back to lurking you illogical butt dumpster.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.