Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 2122232430 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 9:02am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slings are not toys, and should be handled with care.

They can be very dangerous in the hands of the untrained, and can kill children, pets, or adults.

Do not place a sling into the hands of anyone who couldn't understand basic ballistic/gun safety training.

Otherwise, at best you're sure to lose a window, at worst, someone loses an eye or gets a subdermal hematoma.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/23/2012 9:08am at .

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 10:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Slings are not toys, and should be handled with care.

They can be very dangerous in the hands of the untrained, and can kill children, pets, or adults.

Do not place a sling into the hands of anyone who couldn't understand basic ballistic/gun safety training.

Otherwise, at best you're sure to lose a window, at worst, someone loses an eye or gets a subdermal hematoma.
    A fact which would have been far better-known in Goliath's time than it would be today (outside of intifadah-like scenario)s. Which is why Goliath would have gone into the duel armed and armoured. Prepared for a duel, but not for an ambush. Ambush and war: consistent. Ambush and duel: not so much.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 11:21am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    A fact which would have been far better-known in Goliath's time than it would be today (outside of intifadah-like scenario)s. Which is why Goliath would have gone into the duel armed and armoured. Prepared for a duel, but not for an ambush. Ambush and war: consistent. Ambush and duel: not so much.
    Are you saying it wasn't fair???

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 11:35am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You might want to turn the page in your textbook. Neither controls the ACTUAL biology and cell division........, but

Apparently, a more modern education than yours.
    It's called sarcasm, i would expect from someone using it all the time to pick up on that.. (i was trolling him a bit, as he was me) and it worked nice!!!!
    Oh, and FYI, the father determines the sex, the Y chromosome or X chromosome in the spermatozoa that enters the egg to create the Zygote is the one to determine the sex, cause the mother can't give the Y chromosome (non existent in females). Theoretically the egg could prefer statistically certain sperm over the other..i don't think the sex chromosome has anything to do with this preference, but it does not matter because if the father provides only sperms with Y chromosomes (for example) than sons you will have, so the father is more responsible.
    Last edited by erezb; 10/23/2012 11:42am at .

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 11:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by resident English-language genius View Post
    Waste your own time, genius, not mine.

Look up the term duel.

Not "war".

Not "battle".

Duel.

That way you can answer your own fucking question and I won't need to disinfect my monitor so often.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 11:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The dumbest doorman will know (as, obviously, you do not) that nothing from latest papers ends up in textbooks, which--given the rate at which research results are published--deal primarily in older information.
    Not always, my adviser for example just entered a nice chapter in a text book about Glia cells with our latest information. Also, not every new paper you read is actually correct, you will want to wait for it to be a part of a text book to become "It is known" , Papers get pulled, and if you read some scientific papers you will find conflicting ideas and data, on different papers in different journals. That is research in progress. So next time when you want to autodidact on something, get the latest addition of a good Textbook, and you will be alright.
    Why would such a prefect system of ensuring purity anger me? Try to make some sense, some of the time, okay?
    You sound like a pure breed, probably look like one too. Oh and you guys are going extinct..Brown men FTW.
    Full points for anecdotal experience. Did it hurt? It's okay, you can tell us. We don't blame the victim here.
    yea..nice..i see i dragged you down and beet you with experience...LOL.
    That's feet, genius. Mine, by the way, are size-twelve-wide.
    Intriguing, how tall are you?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdogg33 View Post
    I do not understand why I've never seen this device used, when people are throwing rocks at tanks, or lines of soldiers or lines of police with helmets and shields.
    Indeed they are used, to throw rocks at tanks and soldiers and such. Watch some videos of violence in the Middle East from the last 20 years and you'll see slings here and there.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 12:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not slings. Rocks. Unlike rounds, their trajectory is not so fast as to be invisible, particularly from effective slinging distance.

No, you're arguing for this brilliant scenario:

You're facing a kid half your size who's whirling a loaded sling. You live in a time and place where executions by stoning were not uncommon; therefore, you know what damage a stone can do. You sure wouldn't want to get pinged in the eye, at the very least.

Nevertheless, you will stand there and do nothing to prevent the kid's launched stone from reaching your head. No blocking with your weapon or shield. No parrying. No taking it on the forearm. No moving to avoid being a static target.

Just stand there. Get stunned by the stone you knew was coming, and lie there stunned long enough to be killed.

So forget Road House. You're being Master-Blaster, without Master.

Very likely.
    Well if it was easy it wouldn't be mentioned in the fucking bible now would it????? That was the whole point, that despite the odds, David prevailed (miracle perchance?). Besides, you won't see the projectile thrown by a good slinger coming. It is usually a small led marble, and it flies so fucking fast you wouldn't believe.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 12:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I think the whole "having GOD on your side" thing qualifies.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 4:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Well if it was easy it wouldn't be mentioned in the fucking bible now would it?????
    ****, I don't know which one you read, there is easy **** mentioned in the bible.