Administrator

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 7:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

And God Said "let there be arguments".

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg33 View Post
    I think the word is shepherd. There is a very old story about one. He was not a warrior, but he dared to challenge the Biggest, baddest warrior of the time, named Goliath. Amid much cursing and ridicule, David slung a stone into the giant's forehead. Then he took Goliath's own sword and cut off his head.
    Wow.

I remember this very old story of another shepherd. He was humble, respectful and honored God. He avoided temptations and fought against the harlots. Neither was he a warrior, but he also dared to challenge the biggest, baddest, warrior, at the time named Pontius Pilot. In the end, a friend sold him out, another denied he existed, he was cursed at, spit upon, beaten, left with no friends and then crucified. Then he was stabbed in the side with a spear too bleed to death.

I think the story is true because Jesus was a prophet and they are all well versed in moutboxing:

When you hang out at a place, that the rules are if you punch someone in the face, you can't come back for two weeks, you get a little exposure, if you are willing to stand up for yourself. I am not a crybaby, and if motherfuckers have to call me names, fine. I'll see if I can learn something here.
    Maybe I'll even schedule a vacation for a meet. I want to see how tough the guys with 20,000 posts really are. Do I get to fight them without gloves or rules? I can do without gouging eyes and crushing balls. Most of my best techs are barred in MMA. If they are too slow, do I get in trouble, or have to pay medical bills for a broken wrist? Can I wrench their arm out of the shoulder, then choke them with their own arm? Can I kick knees and hammer fist kidneys, till they piss blood? Can I push or pull or strike their nose away from their head until I'm so splattered with blood, I have to buy a new pair of shoes, or do we fight barefoot, so I only need to bring a few sets of shirts and sweats.
    Yeah, did your parents or religion teach you to talk **** like this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    BTW, I don't remember trying to act tough on this thread. Can somebody quote me where I'm mistaken?
    Nope the above is the only "tough guy" act in the thread.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/13/2012 7:28pm at .

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 8:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I remember this very old story of another shepherd.
    Wasn't that one a carpenter?

He avoided temptations and fought against the harlots.
    He did? Fought them? Punched them or something? Who was Mary Magdalene?

Neither was he a warrior, but he also dared to challenge the biggest, baddest, warrior, at the time named Pontius Pilot.
    Umm...wasn't Pilate trying to avoid the whole mess? Don't recall hearing of the christians' 'messiah' actually challenging him to anything.

Not trying to derail...it's just that I'm not too savvy on middle-eastern religions, but I do tend to run into a lot of folks who buy into them, so I'd best be straight on their myths. The bringing-down-the-big-Palestinian-with-a-rock one, I've heard. Kind of hard to buy...but these tales aren't supposed to be literally true. At least, I hope they aren't.

Not trolling, but this ^ can be trollshidoed anyway.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 8:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhh I do like that people that use the most sarcasm, fail to pick it up. Yes, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Wasn't that one a carpenter?
    John 10:1-21 Specifically 14.
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...21&version=NIV

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

He did? Fought them? Punched them or something?
    Matthew 21:12-13 I can get more if you need them. Now, if I need to get definitions to point out fought can be physical, verbal or mental you let me know.

Umm...wasn't Pilate trying to avoid the whole mess? Don't recall hearing of the christians' 'messiah' actually challenging him to anything.
    Judge at Jesus trial, Prefect and ordered the death of Jesus.

Not trying to derail...it's just that I'm not too savvy on middle-eastern religions, but I do tend to run into a lot of folks who buy into them, so I'd best be straight on their myths. The bringing-down-the-big-Palestinian-with-a-rock one, I've heard. Kind of hard to buy...but these tales aren't supposed to be literally true. At least, I hope they aren't.

Not trolling, but this ^ can be trollshidoed anyway.
    Yet here you sit, asking literal questions, claiming not to troll. yes, we both know you are trolling.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/13/2012 8:54pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 8:45pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember this shepard. Cried wolf one too many times and got eaten by a wolf.

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 9:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    The bringing-down-the-big-Palestinian-with-a-rock one, I've heard. Kind of hard to buy...but these tales aren't supposed to be literally true. At least, I hope they aren't.
    That one I'm not so sceptical about personally.

David would have been proficient with the use of the sling from early childhood. Using it daily to hunt. Practicing constantly. It is possible to become a crack shot with one, especially among people who depend on it to live.

I wouldn't put it beyond the realm of possibility to TKO somebody with one. Ol Davey did saunter over and cut the giants head off. If the stone didn't kill the man outright the decapitation certainly did.

:)

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 11:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, I don't remember trying to act tough on this thread. Can somebody quote me where I'm mistaken?
    I'll gut you and string Bobby's guitar with your entrails, so you can sing a sad song about it all.
    You're a meanie....but if you do string my guitar, make sure to coil it to the inside, of the tuning peg. Otherwise we do battle...and as you know, that would waste almost exactly 4 seconds of your day :]

:)

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 12:49am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are not a nice person, OK that's not hard to figure out either.
    It's not that simple. O is nice enough, but blunt, which is endearing. I've sparred/grappled him, and he schooled me in a way that I didn't get injured. Someone who wasn't nice, would have fucked me up, because I'm a slightly annoying hyperactive simpleton who happens to be good wielding music, and little else.

On this site, lots of people have showed up with book length meandering posts. Finding a site this incomparably awesome has some posters writing essays (I've written a few myself, including when I arrived and got flamed to a decent degree).

Check out other threads, especially in YMAS (the comedy section where this was moved to). There's so much good material to read, and comment on here. This thread is one of many shitheaps. There's so much to speak on, this isn't important in the scale of things.

That's the important thing to take away from this, b/c you will never have the last word. Too many posters are trying to entertain themselves, it just won't happen.

Anyway, on with thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 1:24am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy **** I cannot believe I just spent the last 1/2 an hour reading this car crash of a thread.

Jesus my marriage really is on the rocks.

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 3:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    That one I'm not so sceptical about personally.

David would have been proficient with the use of the sling from early childhood. Using it daily to hunt. Practicing constantly. It is possible to become a crack shot with one, especially among people who depend on it to live.

I wouldn't put it beyond the realm of possibility to TKO somebody with one. Ol Davey did saunter over and cut the giants head off. If the stone didn't kill the man outright the decapitation certainly did.
    ...and the big guy wouldn't be just as proficient with rocks, having grown up in the same environment?

Proficient...with even bigger rocks?

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 4:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am far more skeptical about the significance of the story then the story itself
Page 1 of 44 1 234511 ... LastLast