STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    "I had to quit kickboxing because I killed too many people in the ring".
    close friend of mine was killed earlier this year in the ring. if someone were to actually brag about this to me instead of never ever mentioning it ever as any decent person would, they would be on the recieving end of some 5'10 skinny 4 eyed fury.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 2:07am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This article reads a lot like he's done some lurking on this site. Well... either that or he just trains some MA and has encountered the same type of bullshitting idiot you encounter when you've spent some time training and know when to just smile and nod while the ridiculous stories enfold.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 7:07am

Style: Goju Ryu Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he just sounds like some mma addict who trained in a mcdojo as a kid and now thinks only mmarts are effective.
    his point 4 is stupid. I frequently have people discuss for 10 minutes how effective BJJ is, even though I dont disagree with them. I guess that makes BJJ ineffective...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 8:38am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    he just sounds like some mma addict who trained in a mcdojo as a kid and now thinks only mmarts are effective.
    his point 4 is stupid. I frequently have people discuss for 10 minutes how effective BJJ is, even though I dont disagree with them. I guess that makes BJJ ineffective...
    It's either that, or Cracked might still be a comedy website and Seanbaby uses exaggeration and generalisation from time to time.

EDIT: Also, this article isn't about the effectiveness of martial arts and if you can't see the difference between people discussing BJJ and how it's effective vs. a guy telling you how he can use his secret martial art to disarm 5 guys and kill them using his pressure point technique to boil their brains, I guess the joke's on you. Adding to that, yes, BJJ can be and is very effective. However, if you had some guy explaining to you in great detail how he would use BJJ to stop bullets, you'd wonder if he has ever actually used BJJ. Which would be the point of the article.
    Last edited by Azatdawn; 10/14/2012 8:45am at .

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 8:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    he should just be chain punched until he notices it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 4:20pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Marcwagz is at it again, huh?

#6 Guys Who Make Up A Secret Super Sensei to Make Themselves Appear Formidable By Association

Some wannabes fabricate outlandish claims not of their own prowess but that of the teacher (an unnamed savant who invariably knows all the styles, both real and imagined, and wins all the tournaments, again both real and imagined) they supposedly study with. This particular tactic gives the liar the dual advantages of A)Implying to the uninformed that he's some kind of tough-guy-by-osmosis, i.e. "Oooh, he trained with a master fighter, ergo he must be a master fighter in his own right" and B) Providing an escape route when called out by legitimate martial artists, i.e. "P-p-please put me down, man, I never said I was the real deadly I just said my teacher is!"
    Last edited by dougguod; 10/14/2012 4:27pm at .

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 4:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    close friend of mine was killed earlier this year in the ring. if someone were to actually brag about this to me instead of never ever mentioning it ever as any decent person would, they would be on the recieving end of some 5'10 skinny 4 eyed fury.
    Oh ****, mayne. Sorry to hear that ****. What the **** happened? How did it go down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 10:24pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougguod View Post
    All new members should be required to read and sign this article before registering.
    That actually sounds like a good idea.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 10:25pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh wow, that is very tragic to hear. D:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2012 12:12am

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Death in the ring happens way more often than people think. I remember watching the documentary "Ring of Fire" about the death of Kid Paret, and how he died after Emile Griffith blitzed him with 24 unanswered punches. Griffith mentioned how every single time he slept, it was to relive that moment in his dream.

There was a scene at the end of the movie where, after 40 years, Griffith apologized to Paret's son. It was heartbreaking.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast