Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 1:57pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

New Seanbaby Article: 5 Signs That Someone Isn't Actually a Badass

Seanbaby has a new martial arts article today, and like usual its both hilarious and full of good points. I wish I could show this to... well, pretty much everyone.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-signs-...tually-badass/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 2:57pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An awesome article as always. Wish I was half as funny as Seanbaby.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 3:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The point is, if your martial art is so magical and complicated that you feel the need to explain it, you've probably only tried it out in your imagination. And if you study your own unique fighting art that takes bits and pieces of what's effective from other styles, oh buddy. Oh, you poor thing.

Read more: 5 Signs That Someone Isn't Actually a Badass | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-signs-...#ixzz29DHDPu6M
    Oh, now it's on, SeanBaby. Where's that Bung Fo Do guy at? Time to step up, buddy.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We've recently scored a couple of keepers from Cracked. The one about most martial arts students sucking, and now a matrix to determine bad-assery.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 4:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The story made me sad. Not for those poor huge guys who got caught in the dangerous and forbidden Double Octopus Tapout, but because this idiot managed to tell the story to maybe the one person in the bar with academic certainty that he made it up
    this is a strange phenomenon that ive encountered. i know a couple of people who are basically pathological liars. they make up bullshit stories about everything. but for some reason when talking to me, an amateur muay thai fighter, personal trainer, and all round gym bunny, they always bullshit about either feats of physical strength or fighting.

oh, you do squat jumps onto a box with a 100kg bar on your shoulders? yeah that sounds plausible, except your fucking spine would disintegrate. you had 300 kickboxing fights and stopped because you didnt like breaking peoples bones? in this country the most active kickboxers might have 12 fights a year (and that is pushing it) meaning that your non stop fighting career, with no breaks for injury or holiday or anything, spanned about 28 years (or something)

Someone with no idea how these things work would be impressed, i just think youre full of ****. how do they not realise this?

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 6:31pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Similar thing happened to me, recently, Alex. In my new city all my new friends really know of me in a social context is that I don't drink and I train martial arts. At this party a few weeks ago this bloke comes up to me, real intimidating looking bloke, spiderweb tattoos round his eyes, while being covered everywhere else. He'd apparently been talking to someone about me because he is a reformed junkie (who still drinks). Now, dude doesn't need to talk it up, dude is a big motherfucking scary looking guy, but for some reason he begins to tell me stories of the bullshit genre, capping it off with "I had to quit kickboxing because I killed too many people in the ring".

Maybe my calm demeanour, quiet disposition and the fact that when he tried to impose his authority I didn't move caused him to want to impress me or something. Either way, it was classic. His sister apologized profusely for his behaviour later on, although I had no problem with it. Maybe because that was me in the pub six years ago, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 6:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It happens: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Baer_%28boxer%29

...Very rarely, and you'd have to be a complete scumbag to semi brag about it.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 6:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    double post

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 7:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sean Babay is my favorite Cracked writer. He's the only one who can boast this:

Seanbaby is the World Heavyweight Kumite Champion of the Orient and holds the record for the Fastest Kick With a Knockout at 72,000 mph.

Read more: 5 Signs That Someone Isn't Actually a Badass | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-signs-...#ixzz29E7EeIIX

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 9:58pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All new members should be required to read and sign this article before registering.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast