Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps arrange a big fight between the judoka and the wrestlers

whoever wins commit yourself to

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dRoy View Post
    There really isn't any social activity going on in my life. Studying, exercise, reading, those are all I do.

Maybe that's why I can keep up with the courseload so far.
    I say give it a shot just keep in mind why your in school and be willing to drop it if it impacts your studies too much. The nearly daily exercise will actually be pretty good for you alone.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, studying is the biggest deal in my life now.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Perhaps arrange a big fight between the judoka and the wrestlers

whoever wins commit yourself to
    That would be one hell of a show.

Style
    Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's tough, they both work with each other, and are both proven effective. Try both and see which one you suck at most. You don't want it to be easy.

Style
    FMA/SAMBO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That amount of time might be tough to do. On the plus side, the conditioning for one should carry over for the other, even if you do have to miss a few sessions now and then. You shouldn't have any problem with fitness levels if you're doing 2 Judo sessions and one or two wrestling classes a week.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yesterday I went to my first wrestling practice. There were six guys, which according to them is smaller than usual, and with exception of another guy, all of them have been doing wrestling since high school. Even the other fellow new guy, when he took his shirt off, was a lot more in shape than me. It was pretty clear that I was at the way bottom of the pack.

There wasn't any instructor (I am not sure if there is none at all or he/they just didn't show up that day) so one of the guy taught me the basics. I learned double leg, single leg, and sprawling, and all of them were a little bit complex to me, but not too hard. I liked the moves; no nonsense or anything.

After doing that for 30 minutes, then they did this free sparring thing. One guy gets on the ring and he fights off everyone one at the time until he loses, and it repeats. I threw myself there five times, and all except one it ended embarassingly quickly, with me getting thrown on my ass, too confused to do a damn thing within 3 seconds. It was a very, very humbling experience, to say the least.

All in all, I really liked the class. Although a bit crude, they were all cheerful, enthusiastic, and friendly. I guess I will not be the best wrestler in that team, what with them having so much more experience than me, but I think my time there will definitely make me a better grappler. I am looking forward to more practices.

Regarding time management, I think I can handle it. So far I am taking 15 credits. Also, I developed a minor workaholic tendency over the months so I am almost always doing something, mostly academic-related.
    Last edited by dRoy; 10/16/2012 10:19pm at . Reason: Additional info.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds awesome, it is always a bit interesting and I say good for us to find out just how quickly someone can dismantle us.

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I boxed 5 days a week while I was in college at a pro gym a few miles from the school and trained with a nearby high school wrestling team on the side (the coach was a former freestyle Olympic competitor). Up until then my stand up was pure Muay Thai. I thought I was going to walk into the boxing gym and be really good... got my ass handed to me for about 6 months before I started being able to hang. Not own or win, just hang.

I had plenty of time on top of a full coarse load. Why? Because I did not- like everyone else around me- party every night.

I honestly thought I had more free time in college than high school. I think most people do but they have atrocious time management skills.

If you can do both, do both. Getting your ass kicked as many ways as possible only makes you better.

Style
    Judo-Brown
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish I had that attitude when I was in college. I am sincerely jealous. I mean I did my school work, but besides that ALL I cared about was girls. And I had been training BJJ for 2 years in high school, had the opportunity to continue while in college but opted for a 4 year lay off to get drunk.

I wish I could say,"**** it, I don't regret a thing." But I do

Page 2 of 2 First 12