Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 9:45pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!

This is BREAKDOWNS...

I like my music heavy. It helps me not bash my fists against inappropriate things. On similar threads such as "This Is Gangsta and This Is Not" and "This Is Metal", it is very specific in that the things that you post should fall under the very regimented categories of Gangsta and Metal. This thread is different.

For a long while, between 5-10 years, I neglected my heavy choice of music, eschewing it in favour of hip hop, provided the hip hop was bass heavy, had a darker message and avoided the RnB connection. When I returned a little over 2 years ago to the heavy scene, I found myself confronted with a whole new type of heavy music.

The problem with the new genres of Hardcore, Deathcore, Metalcore, Mathcore, Crabcore and the fucking thousands of others, is that sometimes you have to wade through **** in order to find a riff that blew your mind as well as giving the sensation of blowing your penis. It was difficult for me, being of the generation where heavy music began and ended with bone crunching riffs that excited the body and sent the brain into a meltdown akin to Fukushima. To listen to what was essentially pop influenced punk/rock/electronica in order to find that breakdown that loosened bowels.

At first I couldn't do it, my "research" often had me view the first twenty seconds of a song and hammer the keyboard in disgust, cursing the person who recommended the band as being "really heavy". But then something curious happened. I must've left a song playing accidentally one time, maybe I thought I'd give it a chance, maybe I had zoned out, maybe I got caught up in some catchy pop melody and "forgot" to mash the keyboard. Without warning my ears realised that the pansy band I had just been listening to had been devoured by a psychologically deranged super beast of heavy music that made Rob Zombie's cumulative projects appear as Enya's greatest hits. I cannot remember which band it was, exactly, but it was at that moment that I decided to, sometimes with extreme frustration, force myself to hear the whole song, hoping that these kiddies with their over abundance of tattoos, large hoops parading as earlobes and jeans that ensured a discontinuation of their family line, would provide me with a new generation of heaviness that would allow me to forgive them for their punce-ingness.

And find them I did.

This thread is dedicated to songs with pants shittingly awesome breakdowns. I'm not talking bands like Emmure, where the song is a breakdown within a breakdown ending with a breakdown. I'm talking breakdowns that seem to come out of nowhere, or are in contrast to the rest of the song, or contribute a blasting to your memory banks so big you simply must post it.

I'll start with one from After The Burial. Although it doesn't necessarily fit my above description of having "pop" in it, rather more of a punky- hardcore-y chant, it does have a breakdown in it that fires me up so completely that I begin throwing elbows and knees. I've banned myself from playing the song while I'm on crowded public transport since the, uh, unfortunate-ness.

So, post songs with epic breakdowns that make you ensure you are wearing your brown underwear, you know, "just in case". This thread was created so you can be without fear of reprisal from purists, as you can't be a subgenre purist and if you are, you're an idiot. Even if it is shrouded in pop, punk, punce, *****, pansy-ness, provide it if it produces poop in your pants.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL crabcore.

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 11:40pm

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 11:47pm

forum leader

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Way to play it safe, there, Rabbit.

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 11:49pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Way to play it safe, there, Rabbit.
    Hahahaha never been to a Pantera concert?

Definitely not safe, man.

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 11:57pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love this one.

Listen to it all.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here you go bf, this one's a gem.

The louder the better.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/12/2012 12:20am at .

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:15am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    I love this one.

Listen to it all.
    Guys, don't listen to the Doff, he's being an idiot. You only need to listen from 3:07 onwards. You crack me up, Piz.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:26am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been digging Across The Sun lately:

why I like them: I like the combination of clean vocals with the fry screams. In this genre, I like it when people use both, rather than one of the other. Also, they can get to awesome guitarwork like five seconds in, like in this one:

My brother is a huge ____core enthusiast and guitar player, but he generally listens to gnarlier stuff than me. Nile, bands like that. Anyway, he was one of the founding members of a band called The Fire Restart. They had this screamo dude singing, but also this skinny model girl with a really beautiful voice, so the contrast between the two voices is really striking. My bro was the guitarist (the guy on the far right in the picture), and he's quite good. If you just listen to one song I posted here, check out this one:

Not exactly breakdown, but these guys get you in that same kind of trance:

Genghis Tron is like the soundtrack of xenomorphs clawing their way into your shelter.
    Last edited by Permalost; 10/12/2012 12:30am at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want breakdowns?

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast