221286 Bullies, 4175 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 67
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. MrGalt is offline
    MrGalt's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Back in Tennessee...sigh
    Posts
    941

    Posted On:
    12/18/2012 4:11pm


     Style: Seidokaikan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had my sartorius cut by a kick (yes, diagnosed by an orthopod).

    About a year and a half ago I threw a kick combination (front snapped to round off the same leg) that felt like it tore my pelvic floor completely in half. I expected to find intestines in my scrotum. Ever since then I can't squat and my pubic symphysis pops every morning when I stand up from bed.

    Not long after that I stubbed my right big toe on somebody's shin. Over a year now and the swelling hasn't gone down and I can't flex the toe. I'm basically crippled.

    Ossu!
  2. ignatzami is offline
    ignatzami's Avatar

    l Travel To Get Choked!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,850

    Posted On:
    12/18/2012 4:21pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once rolled out of an armbar, came up and over my opponent, and managed to pivot on the knot in my belt. Cracked a floating rib.

    Being me, and not terribly bright, I continued to train Judo for the next week with a bad rib until the pain, and shortness of breath sidelined me.

    Long story short, when you're caught in an armbar, tap. The alternative hurts.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.
  3. ChuckWepner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago / Michigan
    Posts
    397

    Posted On:
    12/18/2012 9:02pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Smells View Post
    I'm healing away slowly

    Another weeks set back after playing Cage Fighter with my 7 y/o on the bed
    Do you have insurance that covers PT? A good physical therapist can be a huge help. There may be a brace / wrap / belt that you could wear at work to help you hold form and avoid aggravating the injury, but that would depend on where the tear is exactly. Also, did they do a CT scan to rule out herniation?

    One issue that can (in my unfortunately extensive experience) arise from torn / cut muscle fibers is scarring that leads to future problems with spasms, etc. So you might try therapeutic massage, too, to help break up scarring in the muscle fibers.

    Good luck!
  4. doofaloofa is offline
    doofaloofa's Avatar

    I'm Svelte!

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    3,393

    Posted On:
    12/19/2012 3:22am

    supporting member
     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Do you have insurance that covers PT? A good physical therapist can be a huge help. There may be a brace / wrap / belt that you could wear at work to help you hold form and avoid aggravating the injury, but that would depend on where the tear is exactly. Also, did they do a CT scan to rule out herniation?

    One issue that can (in my unfortunately extensive experience) arise from torn / cut muscle fibers is scarring that leads to future problems with spasms, etc. So you might try therapeutic massage, too, to help break up scarring in the muscle fibers.

    Good luck!
    The main problem is the twisting of the upper body to the right. if I avoid this I am fine

    My main problem is feeling OK and doing stupid things like playing judo with the kids etc

    Thanks for the advice though. I've had an x ray (no scan) and it wasok for herniation according to the doctor
  5. doofaloofa is offline
    doofaloofa's Avatar

    I'm Svelte!

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    3,393

    Posted On:
    12/24/2012 11:15am

    supporting member
     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I met a guy today and was telling him about my injury

    'Oh yeah' he says 'thats the one that never heals and keeps re tearing. I did it a few years ago snow boarding, and it keeps going every now and then'

    That is not what I want to hear...asshole
  6. erezb is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,294

    Posted On:
    12/24/2012 11:27am


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    I've had my sartorius cut by a kick (yes, diagnosed by an orthopod).

    About a year and a half ago I threw a kick combination (front snapped to round off the same leg) that felt like it tore my pelvic floor completely in half. I expected to find intestines in my scrotum. Ever since then I can't squat and my pubic symphysis pops every morning when I stand up from bed.

    Not long after that I stubbed my right big toe on somebody's shin. Over a year now and the swelling hasn't gone down and I can't flex the toe. I'm basically crippled.

    Ossu!
    Stop being a vagina, a little intestine in your balls just make them look bigger, and cushion them if they get kicked.
  7. doofaloofa is offline
    doofaloofa's Avatar

    I'm Svelte!

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    3,393

    Posted On:
    1/14/2013 5:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: mma

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I survived the junior judo class.

    Light but did some ukemi and a few falls without bursting myself


    Yay!
  8. doofaloofa is offline
    doofaloofa's Avatar

    I'm Svelte!

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    3,393

    Posted On:
    1/15/2013 4:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: mma

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    I'm back

    Did my first training session tonight since September

    Tried out the MMA class in the new gym that's opened in the village

    All went well, only time i felt anything was during a tai otoshi during throw for throw/clinching drills

    It feels good, and I'm relieved I didn't burst myself

    Judo on thursday
  9. AKRhino is offline
    AKRhino's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    544

    Posted On:
    1/16/2013 8:04pm


     Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got MRI results today, I have a torn Glenoid Labrum and a possibly torn bicep bracci. Looks like recovery will not be too quick.
  10. doofaloofa is offline
    doofaloofa's Avatar

    I'm Svelte!

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    3,393

    Posted On:
    1/17/2013 3:55am

    supporting member
     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    Just got MRI results today, I have a torn Glenoid Labrum and a possibly torn bicep bracci. Looks like recovery will not be too quick.
    sounds nasty

    How did you do it?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.