Posted On:
    11/12/2012 5:34am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    You know how they say: "Train smart"

This applies to everyone. Yes, even to mediocre athletic white guys in their 40's.
    *crys into cornflakes*
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 5:35am

Style: Shorin Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    You're Thor? Imagine how I feel.
    Got wasted at the seafood disco and pulled a mussel.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 5:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    Got wasted at the seafood disco and pulled a mussel.
    You also got crabs
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 6:12am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been nursing a broken toe for the last three weeks. Annoyingly painful, and just generally annoying. Second toe on right foot. Sticks out further than all the others which means it's constantly getting knocked against things around the house. I don't think kicking Thai pads four nights a week has been the best way to recuperate, but meh. Broke it on the shin of a Lithuanian giant btw. :(

Other than that I've had a dislocated ankle in feb, which seems to have recovered just fine.

No surgery and no torn/fucked ligaments means it hasn't been too bad a year for me on the injuries front.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 12:06pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well after a week of light duties I am back on track recovery wise

In honesty I dont think I'll be back on the mats till the new year

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 5:04pm

Style: Aikido, bits of jits

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm slowly making my way back from a bout of pericarditis (had it once before a few years ago). Feel free to ask your doctor friends about it, it's literally a pain in the neck. For the DragonballZ nerds out there, my heart virus makes me more Goku than you.

In unrelated news the girl I was seeing just played the "it's not you it's me" card this week.

*edit: bracing myself for any silly broken heart jokes

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 7:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by realjanuary View Post
    "it's not you it's me" card this week.
    Hell all my exs are pretty damn sure it was me and not them. For once it would be nice to have one that at least bullshitted me on the fact it was in part them.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/19/2012 12:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by realjanuary View Post
    *edit: bracing myself for any silly broken heart jokes

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pulled a muscle in my back this morning at work

The pain is ditracting me from the chest injury which is, perversly, quite pleasant

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 4:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm healing away slowly

Another weeks set back after playing Cage Fighter with my 7 y/o on the bed
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast