Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 5:32am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    Did you spot Renato Laranja (Rhasaan Orange) at the begining talking about Dux?

His little speach sounded fake.
    Pretty much everyone's speeches sounded fake, except for his shoulderpad-wearing disciples.

I'm kind of inclined to believe the story about the tumour though, there doesn't look to be a lot of mobility in one side of his face and he sorta seems a bit out of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 5:48am

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He claims that the partial paralysis of his face is the result of the hundreds of blows he took in all those Kumite fights. There is no detail of his life that he will not lie implausibly about. He's been at this since his teens & it's a reflex at this point.

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 7:16am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil Elmore once speculated that Dux simply has bells palsy. But I understand you don't have to be in the Kumite to pick that up.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 2:06pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6 Minutes in he states that he had spinal menigitis which was what lead to him requiring brain surgery sending him into a coma.

http://youtu.be/fqd6sDA-OnA

Im sure there will be plenty of golden Dux nuggests in there but I had to bail after 8mins when he started talking about quantum physics.
    Last edited by PDA; 10/27/2012 2:09pm at .
    King without a crown

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2013 12:18am

Style: JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol. Just saw tthis movie tonight and had to revive my bs account. If only ashida kim would make such a sweet movie.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2013 12:40am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun story: I actually had an e-mail correspondence with Frank Dux after someone claiming to he him showed up on MAP bashing one of my articles (http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=109219). I found him on MySpace and Google and shot him a message saying that someone was on MAP using his name.

His reply:
    Dear Matt

According to the article I read I was being arbitrarily labeled a huckster and fraud.

Placed alongside Ashida Kim whom I am obviously being linked to in order to be found guilty by association. Someone that I merely interviewed for my column Legends and Legacy featured on worldwide dojo com.

BTW - how much of a huckster can Kim really be when his "Monkey Steals A Peach Technique" (I understand was poo pooed and dismissed as useless by Hatsumi, Hayes and their followers) was just reported on the news as being used by a woman that resulted in killing her attacker with it (crushing his testicles - see Carson's Corner for details)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/carsons...eat-ashida-kim

As aforementioned, Worldwide dojo which is an independent and objective source gave me my own column after investigating me and my claims IN DEPTH (see link: http://www.worldwidedojo.com/traditi...sed/frank-dux/) Their findings contradict the falsehoods you and your pals seem to me to be spreading across the Internet on forums to the point they finally, after all these years, warrant my attention.

What I'd really like to know is why you and your friends do not find it disturbing that my business competitors false claims go uncontested in forums and magazines? Periodicals that are (as my court proceedings of libel and slander revealed) deceptive marketing tools of their sister companies that profit from the sale of the wares of those they feature - their books, DVD's etc,.

Periodicals (i.e.. Black Belt, Inside Kung Fu) that in order to eliminate the competition they intentionally create confusion in the market place by claiming authenticity of their stars while inferring others are not. To the extent, any mention of our accomplishments are censored by them. This results in well intentioned and intelligent people end up being fooled by the assumed appearance of objectivity in their reporting. When in actuality it is they who commit fraud by holding up and presenting real hucksters as legitimate masters when their skill sets and lack of understanding (as seen with Kim's Monkey Steals A Peach technique) proves they are not.

Young men apparently like yourself sadly end up fooled to the point they grow reckless enough to hold others like myself up to undeserved ridicule and disrespect on the Internet. Fiction suddenly becomes fact merely by repeating it in print.

This defamation severely undermines a person's ability to pursue their livelihood, feed and care for their families. Did you ever stop to consider that?

My own personal experience reveals words are weapons Matt. They injure not only myself but those I love who know the real truth and can as a result grow disillusioned by the injustices they witness. Those I care about and who I will maim, inflict unspeakable pain and if necessary kill for to protect and keep safe.

It is why I served my country with no expectation of acknowledgment or thanks. Although recognition came when I was presented citations for valor and military service by the US House of Representatives in two military honors ceremonies last year. You may know this already, that is if you did some real fact checking before repeating the libel and slander of others.

Libel and slander I litigated over e.g. Frank Dux v Soldier of Fortune magazine, Larry Bailey,Alexander McColl, and Robert K. Brown (whose financial interests include Paladin Press, Panther Productions, etc) continues to be repeated on martial art planet.

What would you have me do when as aforementioned this damages my hard earned business reputation and goodwill to the point it threatens my ability to provide for my family?

According to my legal counsel the kind of damage caused makes this a criminal action. Specifically, when the fraudulence of the allegations made against me (or Kim for that matter) is now a matter of public record.

My attorney and I believe the obfuscation of my comments (by removing them and placing them on a separate thread) constitutes actual malice since it protects the fraudulence of the allegations.

Thereby, arguably, anyone repeating it, joining it as in lending support for it or protecting it (e.g. by splitting the thread) may be considered an accomplice to what he conclude's is criminal trade libel. Especially, in light of the fact I have asked that the administrator cease and desist. My providing sources that prove the allegations leveled against me are absolute fabrications.

It would be my hope that we might resolve the situation in a civilized and equitable manner.

Your perception I am hurting myself by making the real truth available and putting everyone on notice as to the possible consequences before taken is lost on me.

Perhaps you can explain in greater detail why this is detrimental to me as the forum atmosphere is foreign to me.

Respectfully,

Frank Dux
    My reply back:
    Mr Dux:

I apologize if the article offended you. The purpose of the article was not to defame you, and the article does not accuse you of any specific wrongdoing. I freely admit (and freely admitted in the article) that I have no information of my own to use against you.

Pardon me and MAP if we ignore your legal threats. Had you a legal leg to stand on, you would have dealt with Bullshido (who have been much crueler to you than I) a long time ago. As it is, all these words of yours amount to very little. This is how this MAP poster (I was hoping you would either confirm or deny that he is you) makes you look so bad; his words are the words of a man with no power except to make noise. As Roosevelt tells us, he can speak softly who carries a big stick.

You seem to think that the article calls you, specifically, a "fraud" and/or "huckster". I will check back over the article to make sure this is not the case, and edit it if necessary. The purpose of the piece was not to call anyone names, and I think needless name-calling would weaken the piece. That much should make you happy, at least, though the editing--if there is any--will not change the article's general attitude toward you, which I admit is uncomplimentary.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should tell you that, in response to the attack made on me by the MAP member claiming to be you, I am working on a second article that addresses you specifically. This one will build on the premise of the first article (that is, that one need not have martial arts knowledge or experience to come to one's own reasonable conclusions about martial artists) and take a look the the information supplied about you on your own websites. This article will not make use of any information that you do not supply yourself, and will not level any specific accusations of wrongdoing against you or anyone else. It will simply examine your public websites with the critical eye of a potential customer, as one would do with any martial arts instructor. I think it is only fair to write this article as if the information on your own websites were the only information available, since that is likely to be the case for most martial arts instructors less well known than yourself. The article is nearly finished and will be submitted to MAP soon. It will be up to MAP administrators to decide whether or not it is appropriate for their site.

I would be lying if I said this article shines a favorable light on you, but I repeat that it will not accuse you of any specific wrongdoing.

Finally, I must object to your claim to have "served my country with no expectation of acknowledgment or thanks"; it seems to me that you have sought a great deal of acknowledgment.

You do have my earnest thanks for your reply to my e-mail. It would have been very easy to simply ignore it. For that much, at least, thank you.

Sincerely,
    Matt
    EDIT: Just noticed that I actually mention Bullshido in here. :)

Posted On:
    9/04/2013 11:48pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is very rare for defamation in the United States to be treated as a criminal offense as verses a civil cause of action. I only know of one state, Kansas which still has such provisions in their state statutes, though there might be a couple of other such states. One of Frank's followers is a lawyer in Mexico where apparently, defamation can be brought before a criminal court and I've seen him threaten members of the Black Dragon Fighting Society with such consequences despite the fact that Dux, and they were in the United States and posting on various English language websites based out of the United States, at the time he was alleging Mexican jurisdiction.

I do not know what Frank's American lawyer actually told him, but Frank is mistating the law, by indicating that criminal action will be brought against an American defendant generally speaking. In actuality he would have to go forum shopping and find a real patsy of a prosecutor.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 9/04/2013 11:54pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2013 9:52am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    It is very rare for defamation in the United States to be treated as a criminal offense as verses a civil cause of action. I only know of one state, Kansas which still has such provisions in their state statutes, though there might be a couple of other such states. One of Frank's followers is a lawyer in Mexico where apparently, defamation can be brought before a criminal court and I've seen him threaten members of the Black Dragon Fighting Society with such consequences despite the fact that Dux, and they were in the United States and posting on various English language websites based out of the United States, at the time he was alleging Mexican jurisdiction.

I do not know what Frank's American lawyer actually told him, but Frank is mistating the law, by indicating that criminal action will be brought against an American defendant generally speaking. In actuality he would have to go forum shopping and find a real patsy of a prosecutor.
    Dux knows the law doesn't work the way he says it does. He makes empty threats that he hopes people will be stupid enough to heed.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/05/2013 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    Dux knows the law doesn't work the way he says it does. He makes empty threats that he hopes people will be stupid enough to heed.
    I'd be careful anyway- look at how Carter Hargrave's case against Hungryjoe unfolded.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112