Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am just amazed that the shuriken is not the deadliest weapon?
    King without a crown

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    I am just amazed that the shuriken is not the deadliest weapon?
    It is when Fank Dux is holding it.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 4:53pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    It is when Fank Dux is holding it.
    Yeah, anything Frank Dux touches somehow gets distorted.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Yeah, anything Frank Dux touches somehow gets distorted.
    Yeah man. You should see his penis.....ugh!

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Yeah man. You should see his penis.....ugh!
    I'll have to take Ashida Kim's word for it, cause I ain't going to look.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2012 8:52am

Style: Kyokushin

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I believe I wasted an hour and a half last night. Searching for some movies to watch on the net I stumbled upon this jewel of a documentary. I actually sat there and watched it all. It was almost heartbreaking to tell you guys the truth !! LOL. I wasn't and still am not quite sure what to think about the whole situation . It all started as stupid lie to get a friends attention, in my opinion, and basically destroyed this guys life. Now it seems it is more of a psychological problem then just some dude still trying to pump up his MA Resume.
    I kind of feel bad for him for being so disconnected from reality. Although now in his older age his head injury may have a lot to do with it.
    If anyone is interested PM and i'll let you guys know where to go to watch it.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 9:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samsun View Post
    Well, I believe I wasted an hour and a half last night. Searching for some movies to watch on the net I stumbled upon this jewel of a documentary. I actually sat there and watched it all. It was almost heartbreaking to tell you guys the truth !! LOL. I wasn't and still am not quite sure what to think about the whole situation . It all started as stupid lie to get a friends attention, in my opinion, and basically destroyed this guys life. Now it seems it is more of a psychological problem then just some dude still trying to pump up his MA Resume.
    I kind of feel bad for him for being so disconnected from reality. Although now in his older age his head injury may have a lot to do with it.
    If anyone is interested PM and i'll let you guys know where to go to watch it.
    He seams to have been lying from a very early age so I find it hard to believe his head injury is to blame. Looks like a very skilled career conman to me.
    The fact he has managed to get legit guys like Vic Moore to vouch for him is deeply sad but I would be interested to see an independent interview with Vic Moore to see exactly what the extend of their relationship was. From memory Vic Moore mentioned that Frank trained with him and he kicked his arse then Frank came back for another go 2yrs later so seminars perhaps?

This is an interesting thread:
    Sheldon Lettich (writer of bloodsport):

Frank started out very humble, but then he started telling his lies, little ones at first, which grew more & more preposterous as the trial progressed. The jury seemed sympathetic to Frank initially, but grew increasing skeptical and frustrated with him as he kept piling lies on top of lies, even after credible witnesses rebutted many of his claims. That's how he lost the case, he blew whatever sympathy and credibility he had at the beginning.

If Frank had just kept his mouth shut there's a good chance he might have prevailed, but he put his foot in his mouth over & over. I'm guessing the documentary didn't show some of his more embarrassing moments before the judge & jury, all of which was broadcast on Court TV as well (I actually have the entire trial on a VHS tape).

I finally saw it. What was disappointing to me was that these filmmakers did not present a truly balanced picture, and pretty much tried to paint Frank as a verifiable "hero," who fell from glory after being turned on by "people he thought were his friends." They pretty much bought into his bullshit and his fairy tales, and didn't delve very deeply into the reality of his more outlandish claims. While it seems as though I may have been brutally honest about Frank in my interview, there was a lot more of that brutal honestly which they chose not to include because it would have knoocked Frank even further off that pedestal they'd placed him upon

And my comments are heavily censored, same with Brian Thompson's. The film is shamelessly slanted and manipulated to make Frank seem like "the real deal." Brian and I (filmed seperately) both told the interviewers about Frank showing us his alleged Medal Of Honor, and other lies that he told us about his participation the Kumite, his "secret service" as a "covert operative" for the CIA, his "fastest recorded kick," and his numerous other fabrications and fantasies.

I was being completely honest about Frank, which is why I also said some positive things about him. Had I known that the filmmakers had an agenda to place Frank on top of a bronze pedestal, and that they would only use the positive comments and redact all the negative stuff, I never would have participated.

http://thevandammefans.vandammefan.n...in-2011/page6&

Does anybody know how to contact Sheldon?
    Does anybody have the courage to admit they still have a VHS player?
    Last edited by PDA; 10/26/2012 9:16am at .
    King without a crown

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 9:17am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    He seams to have been lying from a very early age so I find it hard to believe his head injury is to blame. Looks like a very skilled career conman to me.
    The fact he has managed to get legit guys like Vic Moore to vouch for him is deeply sad but I would be interested to see an independent interview with Vic Moore to see exactly what the extend of their relationship was. From memory Vic Moore mentioned that Frank trained with him and he kicked his arse then Frank came back for another go 2yrs later so seminars perhaps?
    Oh don't get me wrong, definitely a career con-man no doubt about it, but watching him ramble on about it and how people are against him so on and so forth shows that the injury made things worse on his mind. I have an uncle the was nearly beaten to death by bikers. They came into his home for a few grand he supposedly had in a safe and used a 2 x 4 to literally beat his head in. Ever since that head injury he exhibits the same signs and symptoms has Dux did in his movie.
    It's almost as if it made him believe his own crap even more.
    Then again i'm no doctor and can't say for sure. All in all it was sad to watch him go on about how people are making him out to be a liar while he is a liar and seems to truly believe his own bullshit. Or maybe it was just sad that I had to listen to his crap for almost an hour and a half LOL.

The whole Vic Moore thing, you do have a point maybe an independent interview may change things. Who knows maybe he feels bad for the guy, so when Dux showed up to interview him he may not have wanted to totally destroy him on camera. It's like the Fangers and their videos with noted Martial Artists talking about there system as something totally awesome. There i'm sure money was involved so they were nice in the "interviews" Vic may have also been looking for a payday. Say this and get this type of situation.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 9:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh don't get me wrong, definitely a career con-man no doubt about it, but watching him ramble on about it and how people are against him so on and so forth shows that the injury made things worse on his mind. I have an uncle the was nearly beaten to death by bikers. They came into his home for a few grand he supposedly had in a safe and used a 2 x 4 to literally beat his head in. Ever since that head injury he exhibits the same signs and symptoms has Dux did in his movie.
    It's almost as if it made him believe his own crap even more.
    Then again i'm no doctor and can't say for sure. All in all it was sad to watch him go on about how people are making him out to be a liar while he is a liar and seems to truly believe his own bullshit. Or maybe it was just sad that I had to listen to his crap for almost an hour and a half LOL.

The whole Vic Moore thing, you do have a point maybe an independent interview may change things. Who knows maybe he feels bad for the guy, so when Dux showed up to interview him he may not have wanted to totally destroy him on camera. It's like the Fangers and their videos with noted Martial Artists talking about there system as something totally awesome. There i'm sure money was involved so they were nice in the "interviews" Vic may have also been looking for a payday. Say this and get this type of situation.
    Take a look at the Tony Antony thread, exactly the same characteristics , no head injury.
    King without a crown

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 9:29am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh don't get me wrong, definitely a career con-man no doubt about it, but watching him ramble on about it and how people are against him so on and so forth shows that the injury made things worse on his mind.
    Yeah, I'm going to disagree. Liars, that have been caught out, tend to ramble incessantly. That's what makes them interesting to watch. I think you are looking for a plausible explanation where there is none. Some people like to lie especially, when it involves money.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast