Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    612
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I correct in my understanding that you have a background in KK? This should make your fellow KK students overjoyed that you have found a style that has a base in the KK that they love to train in. If they are not understanding, then they are not people that you need to be associating with. JMHO. If you have the opportunity, go to a school that practices Daido Juku/Kudo style sparring and try it out first. You may find that it is truly what you are after or that you were nuts for thinking you wanted to bring it to your country.

    There are a few school here int eh Us that practice and spar the same way that fighters do in Kudo, but they chose to go it on their own and have formed their own schools accordingly. If you decide that you like it and want to go out on your own, then get busy and obtain your black belt in KK. Work more with the MT guys, get some grappling training. And find like minded people to train with you.

  2. #22
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona CA
    Posts
    7,321
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post

    I would rather be in a tropical paradise and travel for training if the martial art I was looking for wasn't at home.
    You want a paradise that doesn't require traveling for training its called San Diego =)
    Uruguay btw is not Tropical that place will be freezing once their winter hits.
    They do however have an emerging IT industry down there.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROU
    Posts
    1,239
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You want a paradise that doesn't require traveling for training its called San Diego =)
    Uruguay btw is not Tropical that place will be freezing once their winter hits.
    They do however have an emerging IT industry down there.
    Yes the winter is cold here and we are the biggest exporters of Software in South america
    our total population is 3.5 million people...

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROU
    Posts
    1,239
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    Am I correct in my understanding that you have a background in KK? This should make your fellow KK students overjoyed that you have found a style that has a base in the KK that they love to train in. If they are not understanding, then they are not people that you need to be associating with. JMHO. If you have the opportunity, go to a school that practices Daido Juku/Kudo style sparring and try it out first. You may find that it is truly what you are after or that you were nuts for thinking you wanted to bring it to your country.

    There are a few school here int eh Us that practice and spar the same way that fighters do in Kudo, but they chose to go it on their own and have formed their own schools accordingly. If you decide that you like it and want to go out on your own, then get busy and obtain your black belt in KK. Work more with the MT guys, get some grappling training. And find like minded people to train with you.
    NOES
    No Kudo here thats the reason of this thread

  5. #25
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,301
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You want a paradise that doesn't require traveling for training its called San Diego.
    San Diego is awesome (and expensive); the advantage of most SA & CA countries is the economy. When I retire, I want to go someplace that has a beach, a warm climate, great food, a view, and most important, affordability.


  6. #26
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona CA
    Posts
    7,321
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    San Diego is awesome (and expensive); the advantage of most SA & CA countries is the economy. When I retire, I want to go someplace that has a beach, a warm climate, great food, a view, and most important, affordability.

    To be honest with you San Diego is actually cheap, you pay more for your house but you pay less in property taxes, you pay virtually nothing in heating and cooling, consumer goods and services cheap. Having a car that doesn't rust priceless.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROU
    Posts
    1,239
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Talking trough facebook with the KUDO org, the helmets are 200 bucks a piece
    Also I'm going to put them in contact with a KK champion who also did Judo and now trains MT besides KK

    I will keep you updated

  8. #28
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona CA
    Posts
    7,321
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck, if you succeed with that I can use your help getting the capital for this $1,000,000 additive manufacturing machine I have my eye on.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    658
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also depends where in San Diego (or San Diego county) you wanna live. If you live outside of the main city, but still within SD county, prices aren't too bad and you're fairly close. Plus, only an hour drive away from Orange County and two hours away from LA.

  10. #30
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona CA
    Posts
    7,321
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey while you are importing Martial arts into Uruguay don't forget to get a
    shingitai jujitsu instructor.

    *Note to self get one instructor each Kudo, SAMBO, Shingitai, bjj, Real Contact stick fighting, open worlds best gym.

Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO