Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/10/2012 5:51pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what? I just realised this guy sounds a lot like I did when I joined Bullshido.

Hapkido? Check.
    Hung around tough bars? Check.
    Took on Omega? Check.
    Used crappy cliche insults including mothers basement? Check.
    Tiny penis? Well, that is where we differ. Mine is huge.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

:)

Posted On:
    10/10/2012 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jdogg33, lots of posters get flamed for one-reason-or-another upon joining.

Don't sweat it, don't try to fight Omega, but do come to a throwdown near you. It's ego free sparring/grappling, and very positive.

And do continue to enjoy THE GREATEST SITE ON THE INTERNETS!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2012 11:28pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty good Cliff Notes. Yes I over did it on that post. One thing though, it makes it look like Accelerated Battlefield Combatives "Made me wish I never wasted time studying hapkido." The opposite is the truth. Nothing I found in the videos made me wish I hadn't studied hapkido. Every defense in the Combatives videos, there a hapkido technique I very much prefer.

The only good thing I really had to say about the videos, is that for someone with no training, the techs are better than doing nothing, and they are simple to learn and remember.

Other than that that, thank you.

jdogg33

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2012 11:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am located not too far north of Fort Wayne Indiana. Maybe there is someone teaching some useful stuff that doesn't advertise or have a web site. My searching has yielded nothing.

My hapkido instructor did teach a small amount of very basic Judo, but it was not a main focus. I learned just enough to know I would enjoy it. Anything that is proven effective, and mostly uses your opponent's weight and momentum to advantage, I like a lot.

Posted On:
    10/10/2012 11:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's good to have you here.

I enjoyed kung fu forms, and it helped me shed weight, and be in better shape (this prior to a rude awakening in SanDa class). Do what makes you happy. Posters can be very frank here, about their opinions. It's a great thing. Other sites censor people, and over moderate.

On this site, people can give you ****, and let's be thankful. Adults swear, in public, or private, we can do that here. It's jarring at first, but then you will love it. Possibly consider this section (YMAS) a bar. We're all shooting the ****. People will be vulgar, and often it's funny, though not to everyone at all times. That's life.

I got flamed way worse than this, when I first joined. Just pay close attention to what section of the site you are posting in. Decorum in certain areas is moderated with an iron fist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:07am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure I can handle an insult, and I can deliver them back as well. I wasn't even really offended, I just found it to be disrespectful. I don't expect to walk into a new place and be insulted right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Holy crap that was a long ass essay just to say

Grow a thicker skin. If you can't handle a little insult by Omega your not cut out to deal with the rest of the **** that life has to offer.

Really? Really? Going to the basement dweller cliched response. Next you will be calling all of us 12 year old keyboard warriors.

So relax, as you can see you got an answer to your question. This place is full of people who know their ****. I suggest you hang around here and grow the **** up and learn to deal with people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't really know **** about Carl, and I actually signed up trying to learn some things. If people think the guy was a fake, that's fine, I want to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Like Water View Post
    New addition to my advice after watching the videos of the Carl guy you were nutriding.

If those videos impressed you, or in any way fooled you into thinking they might be effective techniques, then it's time to try out your local judo club and wish you had never wasted time studying hapkido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, that did not seem to be an obviously joking post. It was not followed by, "Hey I'm just messing with you, but try to keep your posts a little shorter!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    i refuse to believe someone who takes such offense by a fairly obviously joking post would hang out in an anyway "rough" bar.
    TBH, if you're going to threaten omega, you may like to do a little research on the guy. oh and welcome to bullshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point! I said a lot of stupid things, and many of them were on purpose. If "let's dog the **** out of the Noob" is the way here, just to see if he can take it, then this is not a place I want to hang around.

I give the guy who bags my groceries respect. For all I know he's got a degree and can't find work in his field, but he works rather than collecting money from the government. I respect anyone till they give me a reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Lay off the n00b, guys. He may be saying some dumb things, but let's stop chumming the waters.

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdogg33 View Post
    I don't really know **** about Carl, and I actually signed up trying to learn some things. If people think the guy was a fake, that's fine, I want to hear it.
    To be clear, I was making fun of the video, not the man.

Live instruction and resistant training beats anything on DVD. Just sayin'.
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast