Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    Unchosen
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    More importantly, learn situational awareness and de-escalation. If creepy guys hitting on you is what you're worried about, the decisions you make, the way you carry yourself, and the way you interact with them if you are forced to, will be far more effective and reliable than trying to fight your way to safety.
    Well like, ya I totally get that, I wouldnt be looking to training with guns and martial arts unless there were just guys that no matter what you do (ignore them, ask them to please stop, so forth) they just dont listen to no.

Thats kinda why im scared like one of these days they wont listen to no, too far.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could also buy a car, no more bus stop at 2:00 am

Style
    Unchosen
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    T_T I had a moped... it was stolen a few days ago

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can open carry in Las Vegas.

I'd get and train to use one of these. Small, light, and classy.

There is no shortage of gun ranges and gun training in Vegas.

I think guys would take the hint, every time.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/07/2012 1:50pm at .

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well to really echo what has been said, your best bet is to not be in a self defense situation.
    Reliable transportation, better working hours, better location, self awareness, making good decisions, listening to that little voice that tells you something isn't quite right.
    Now I also know that a few of those things are not easy to change especially in this economy.
    I also agree a weapon is going to be your equalizer.
    Since this is a Martial Arts website though
    I can't emphases how good Judo or BJJ is for a smaller person to use on a bigger person but it does take time.
    However That being said I have been owned by 13 year old girls and boys, old men, scrawny ass people in both arts. They rely on leverage and timing and train in a manner that one can develop these in a safe and effective environment.

Style
    Unchosen
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Well to really echo what has been said, your best bet is to not be in a self defense situation.
    Reliable transportation, better working hours, better location, self awareness, making good decisions, listening to that little voice that tells you something isn't quite right.
    Now I also know that a few of those things are not easy to change especially in this economy.
    I also agree a weapon is going to be your equalizer.
    Since this is a Martial Arts website though
    I can't emphases how good Judo or BJJ is for a smaller person to use on a bigger person but it does take time.
    However That being said I have been owned by 13 year old girls and boys, old men, scrawny ass people in both arts. They rely on leverage and timing and train in a manner that one can develop these in a safe and effective environment.
    Yea :( I know. I actually live in a really nice location, but I have to take 3 busses to get home so like, I end up at bus stops in the ghetto a lot.

But thank you so much for your advice, to everyone actually, Im definitely going to look into a gun and talk to some gun shop owners about what might be right for me. I dont know if im ready just yet to own one though because the fact of the matter is "Never point a gun at someone unless your going to shoot them" kinda thing. I dont think I could ever shoot someone, so I think I may just buy like a stun gun.

I also called up a local kickboxing/boxing gym nearby and am signing up.

Thanks again!

Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Situational Awareness.

Boxing/Judo/BJJ/JKD/Kali

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like kickboxing, boxing, or most FMA. Anything that is going to teach you how to use footwork and distance to get away from someone. Using angles, circling, and speed to stay away from someone and not get boxed into a wall/fence/bush.

I wouldn't open cary, if I were you. That automatically raises the situation to leathal force. That may deter some people, but it may also incite some. It could cause some cocky bastard to walk up to you and try you. You don't want that.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She also said she is being approached too often already. She doesn't want to be approached at all, so I don't know if training HTH martial arts would make a difference with that at the bus stop. It would definitely give her something to fall back on, but in that type of neighborhood it might still be a losing proposition.

Off the strip, Las Vegas can be a very dangerous place, that's why they allow everyone to be armed (without permits) in the first place.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/08/2012 8:31am at .

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Off the strip, Las Vegas can be a very dangerous place, that's why they allow everyone to be armed (without permits) in the first place.
    Just adding this to the list of why I don't like big cities!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Page 2 of 2 First 12