Posted On:
    11/06/2013 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

DOD serves the vets brain deivice

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/2...-in-real-time/

Are you one of the many thousands who's got terrible PTSD's or horrid depression? The Department of Defense cares! They'll slap a Deep Brain Stimulation Implant in your brain, and voila! You'll be fine and just maybe lucky enough to "serve" again and again!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 8:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/2...-in-real-time/

Are you one of the many thousands who's got terrible PTSD's or horrid depression? The Department of Defense cares! They'll slap a Deep Brain Stimulation Implant in your brain, and voila! You'll be fine and just maybe lucky enough to "serve" again and again!
    So instead of treating the problem the right way with counseling, they just want to implant chips in their brains?? Ok so lol isn't this exactly what a lot of older conspiracy theorists are afraid of?? If true this is fucked up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 8:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is true and it is really is no different than the drugs many counselors prescribe. These drugs are designed to correct the chemical imbalances in the brain. Yes, the same thing these alleged chips are supposed to do without the terrible side effects. Notice how you made the leap with no information in the article. If there is no support, yes, that's fucked up. If it is in support of counselors, psychiatry and other tools it really is no different. Before we go down the rabbit hole, the military does a crappy job with PTSD WITHOUT this device. So, please don't raise the, "but they are trying to avoid helping these guys." That argument already exists.

Oh and this has been going on for years inside and outside of the DoD. If you want peer reviewed articles let me know.

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 8:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    It is true and it is really is no different than the drugs many counselors prescribe. These drugs are designed to correct the chemical imbalances in the brain. Yes, the same thing these alleged chips are supposed to do without the terrible side effects.

Oh and this has been going on for years inside and outside of the DoD. If you want peer reviewed articles let me know.
    I'm not a big fan of the drugs they prescribe either, I just wonder with this if it's the search for the age old "quick fix".

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 9:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like this one? http://www.va.gov/opa/docs/Suicide-D...2012-final.pdf
    I know shitty treatment isn't new news. Former Secretary of the Army Togo West Jr. “almost palpable disdain” for the welfare of injured troops when he released the findings of his investigation of Walter Reed ordered by Secretary of Defense Robert Gates."

and for that matter, look at Shays’ Rebellion of Revolutionary vets and the Bonus Army. Same ol' bullshit.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 11:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, look up peer review and understand context. Second, learn how to argue effectively instead of looking like a burnt out stupid Red Herring dropping Kook.

You are in such a haze of stupidity, you don't even know what you want to argue. I addressed your OP. I said, what you posted is occurring and has occurred inside and outside of the DoD. They are doing EXACTLY what others have done in the treatment of mental disorders and PTSD. Yes, PTSD isn't just for Amry veterans.

I asked if you wanted peer reviewed articles, OBVIOUSLY based on your op and you post a pdf about suicide. You are an agenda driven logical fallacy troll that never wants to discuss ****.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/06/2013 11:17pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 3:19pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, this seems awesome. Having had family members who have gone through the "trial and error" type treatment for severe depression and having had those efforts fail, i think this would be a fantastic step forward.

The drugs they use often don't work,or don't work in the long term,or have side effects which so negatively impact on quality of life that ppl decide they would rather be depressed than put up with the side effects, and then of course they try a diff drug to see if that works, and the cycle starts again.

If they can, through research, really understand the chemical imbalances that are going on in the brain and then help/stimulate the body to heal itself?? Then wow,awesome and sooo much better than what is the current norm.

Mental illness was a hard one for me to understand. Its not as obvious,its not as understood and it is alot more stigmatising. If i told someone i had cancer and was getting an implant in my brain to stimulate the body to heal it without having to go into an extensive treatment regime with all its attentdant side effects, ppl would be cool with that,but depression?? not so much.

Thanks for the article, and interesting to note the 100,000 number they say already have this type of treatment for motor impairment, i really had never heard of it,thanks.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/08/2013 8:21am

supporting member
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As outlined in the agency’s announcement, this will include devising a means of monitoring soldiers in combat conditions, and applying “deep brain stimulation” in real-time.
    This is so Scifi

I wonder will future soldiers have chips implanted at enlistment

Perhaps it could be used to reduce pain sensations, or produce hightened agression, or reduced agression after the battle has ended

Enevitably it will go wrong and a bunch of super soldiers will rob a bank or try and kidnap the president...

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/08/2013 10:35am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am so happy. Right now this feels like the Bullshido of old. Yesterday we got major butthurt about white privilege AND random insanity from Pastefromlogan.

I am home.

All we're missing is some smack talk from The Question and some crusading from Hedgehogey.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 1:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    First, look up peer review and understand context. Second, learn how to argue effectively instead of looking like a burnt out stupid Red Herring dropping Kook.

You are in such a haze of stupidity, you don't even know what you want to argue. I addressed your OP. I said, what you posted is occurring and has occurred inside and outside of the DoD. They are doing EXACTLY what others have done in the treatment of mental disorders and PTSD. Yes, PTSD isn't just for Amry veterans.

I asked if you wanted peer reviewed articles, OBVIOUSLY based on your op and you post a pdf about suicide. You are an agenda driven logical fallacy troll that never wants to discuss ****.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bart.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	15543  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast