Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 10:45am

Style: Shaolin Kenpo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the Best cards ever...followed by one of the worst post fight press conference ever. Seriously, the audio jumps around from speaker to speaker, and they have the English going on as the questions are asked in Portuguese.

I always like to start my morning after a good UFC card watching the post fight press conference, but I only got about 10 minutes in to this one before I decided I can't watch it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 7:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, scudmuffins.

A Big Nogueira win is always to be treasured (especially these days), but the main event made me sad, with the hope spots of Stephan pushing Silva into the fence and landing that elbow only serving as the brief flash of light that makes the total darkness of Anderson's dominant win more profound by contrast.

That trip takedown thing sure was purty, though.

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 9:57pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got to see Fitch/Silva. How do we get some more of that version of Fitch? He was active on the ground, had some slick sub attempts, and in general just beat the living **** out of Silva. I was actively rooting for him within the first few seconds as it was. Silva is a little punk who needed the ass-whooping Fitch put on him. The guy's ego is way out of proportion to his ability. Maybe he might have done better if he spent more time trying to fight and less time swallowing his own hype. And who sulks against the cage after a fight?

I've definitely been on the "Jon Fitch is better than Ambien" wagon, but he really won me over with this fight.

I'm also really hoping Rampage finally puts his money where his mouth is and fights Texeira sometime soon. He's irrelevant in LHW at this point, but I'd love to see Texeira smash his face in. He's already talking a bunch of **** and making noise about "the old Rampage coming back". The "old Rampage" doesn't exist anymore, now there's only Rampage who's just old.
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 10/14/2012 10:05pm at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/14/2012 11:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Marcello, Big Nog, Silva.
    Pride never die.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 12:14am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Village idiot wants to know why, if the UFC prohibits small joint manipulations, Fitch was allowed to grab and pull Erik Silva's right big toe to break the leg embrace in minute 5 of round 2.

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 5:31pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Silva was Terrific. I was very impressed when he took to fence and dropped his hands and invited Bonner in. Great finish. Sod having to take that Knee to the gut.

Big Nog was never going to get that arm bar to work because his own body was supporting the elbow. When Herman rolled, it looked a good move until he rolled back and placed himself in danger and Big Nog took the arm to side, which gave him the room/travel to hyperextend Herman's arm. That was IT. He had to tap or the arm was going to go BANG!

For Texeira v Maldonaldo, I was just thinking that the Ref needed to step in to stop when Maldonaldo threw that Left Hook to point of Texeira's chin. He was Gone...but either Teixera was too tired to press, didn't realise he'd got it or lacked belief in himself. Brave bloke though.

Great card. I eventually saw it last night on ESPN at 11PM-1AM here in London. Worth getting up late for work, though :-)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Village idiot wants to know why, if the UFC prohibits small joint manipulations, Fitch was allowed to grab and pull Erik Silva's right big toe to break the leg embrace in minute 5 of round 2.
    Did he just grab the one toe or did his hand also cup over his other toes as well? Grabbing all five fingers and toes is legal and an efficient way to break someone's grip.

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 7:39pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was under the impression that it was three or more fingers and toes. Confirmation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 8:50am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva vs Jones HAS to happen.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 11:39am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Silva vs Jones HAS to happen.
    Meh. Greg Jackson wouldn't put his meal ticket in there with Sonnen, you think he'll sign him up for Silva? If Jones wins, he beat up a guy in a lower weight class, if he loses, goodbye gravy train.

All this nonsense really makes me miss the heyday of Chuck Liddell.

"Hey Dana. I'm bored sitting around waiting on my title shot. I think I should take a fight against this guy on a 10 fight winning streak."

"Yo, Dana. You want me to enter the PRIDE GP and go up against Guy Metzger, Alistar Overeem, and Quentin Jackson to have a chance of making the fight with Wanderlei all the fans want to see? When does the plane leave?"

Have I mentioned that I hate Greg Jackson and he's turning Mixed Martial Arts into professional boxing, where the best hide from the contenders and take on chumps to pad their records? Because I do and he is.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast