Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First Judo practice this evening

I'm going to check out a Judo club at the Y here this evening. I watched a bit of a practice the other night and it looks fun.

I will report back with more later. It's already gonna be a much better deal at $55 a month including gym access as opposed to $130 for BJJ.

There are only two practices of 1.5 hours a week, but I was making three or so one hour practices anyway with work. Plus the practices being 8:30 to 10:00 works better for me.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Limited practices in a week is probably the biggest downside I've seen for Judo. (Besides mass injuries, of course) A Y membership along with it sounds like the perfect remedy.

Good luck, and remember to go in there to learn Judo, not to try out your BJJ on them.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so day one!

Basic warm-up then conditioning. I'm out of shape; it was more like my old wrestling practices with lots of sit-ups, push-ups, partner carries et al than jits. Tasted puke in my mouth. Hoorah.

Learned basic grips and set-up. Did a very poor o-soto-gari a bunch and was shown kesa gatame.

I liked it, back next Tuesday.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To furthur elaborate, Judo is totally an alien thing to me. The set-ups are different, the rules are different. It feels kind of like stepping into high school for the first time.

One big thing I shall have to remember is to relax. I was way too tense and was unitentionally resisting during uchikomi.