Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 4:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

If you give someone a critique you are now a Bully

So, a guy sends you an email about your weight. No one, but you, knows it exists. He hasn't sent multiple emails, nor is he harassing you. You choose to show your husband who posts it to Facebook. Can someone explain to me how that is bullying?

Seriously, he sent her something private, she forwarded it to her husband, and they are now publicly embarrassing him the guy in social and television media. Isn't that bullying under her own video definition?

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/341...-weight-bully-

We are one of the most obese nations in the world. As mentioned in her mini-rant, bullying is passed down; so is being unhealthy and fat.
    She then goes on a tirade, calls the guy a bully, takes it into the internet, whines about her daughters, and then tries shitty self deprecating humor. The tired "You don't know me, but I am Fat."

BULLYING IS NOT AN EPIDEMIC. No, not EVERYTHING is bullying.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/02/2012 5:00pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 5:22pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing says Shaming A Person Is Wrong like hundreds of emails from around the world saying that you're awful.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 5:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. Wouldn't that be bullying as well according to her definition?

I'm waiting for the story to "mysteriously change" and become a Facebook post. Again, she says it was an "email" not a facebook post to their public news page.

Here is the actual email.
    Hi Jennifer,

It's unusual that I see your morning show, but I did so for a very short time today. I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn't improved for many years. Surely you don't consider yourself a suitable example for this community's young people, girls in particular. Obesity is one of the worst choices a person can make and one of the most dangerous habits to maintain. I leave you this note hoping that you'll reconsider your responsibility as a local public personality to present and promote a healthy lifestyle.
    When did constructive criticism become bullying?

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 5:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if its a cultural thing, but her whiny nasal tone is unbearable for more than a few seconds.

If she were reading the 10 o'clock news every night, I would just switch off every time I saw her.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 5:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do think the e-mail is in poor taste. Bullying it is not.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 5:56pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leave it to the UK to put it in perspective:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 5:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Bullying it is not.
    As long as it is not just me.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 6:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    As long as it is not just me.
    Well I am a little pissed off at this pussification of people bullshit needs to go.
    Its ok to get ones feelings hurt or to be offended every now and again.
    Bullying crosses a very thin line but a one time remark in private is certainly doesn't cross that line.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone see The Weatherman with Nicholas Cage? He plays a weatherman, who's often pelted with foods and drinks by passing motorists, because a lot of people don't like him, and its not just because his forecasts are sometimes wrong. In fact, its important enough to be on the movie poster, and one of the incidents leads him on a series of realizations about the situation (basically, the opposite of this, where the lady refuses to acknowledge any impact or truth in the situation).

Don't news personalities get a fuckload of hate mail? Especially if you're looking like Rosie O'Donnel in a world where newswomen seem to be getting more dolled up and toned every year (I don't think its right, but I do think its accurate). I think that's a whole other cultural issue that suggests only pretty women are worth listening to and I think that's a pretty awful sentiment; my point is that she is the different one in the cheerleader role of the great highschool that is life. The part that I don't get isn't that she got this email, but that she didn't just drop it into her trash folder that's already full of emails just like it.

I don't want to come off like I'm making a joke about a fat lady, because I'm not. I just understand that public personalities are criticism magnets yet she (and her news anchor husband) are acting like this is the first piece of criticism they've ever gotten. Maybe she just read the email at the wrong stressful time.

I think the original author is a little out of line in saying that she should be a better role model to young girls, but IMHO she was already being a good role model by showing that a larger woman can be happy and successful and not get bogged down by haters, but her response kind of negated that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 7:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, that's the PC in you. While I agree that we need to get away from the anorexic and bulimia issues, why the **** does America always skew to the extreme?

IMHO she was already being a good role model by showing that a larger woman can be happy and successful and not get bogged down by haters
    Promote healthy and or larger, **** positive fat role models. Rachel Ray skews "larger" this woman is obese.

No, obese is not the way to go.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast