233693 Bullies, 3302 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 73
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,634

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 10:05am

    supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread needs some actual baiji video worth watching, just in case people aren't aware of it.

    The OP, for example. Let's see if his baiji teaching certificate at least helps him identify the baiji player here...I figured it out without such training.

  2. fudoshin_ryu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 10:31am


     

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not even going to waste my time in posting a picture of my certificates. More than likely it will prove to be a waste of time because I am sure someone is going to say "Anyone can purchase some sort of software to make your own..." And that person will probably be some sort of long term member here who has more 'credit' than I do. So I'm not even going to waste my time...lol

    Hell, maybe I'm just trolling to get video hits :P, in which case...I'm provoking all of you on purpose. :Gasp:

    Probably not though...or am I? But I do have to say the thread it self has gotten more hits then I have expected. I figure maybe a third of those hits got people to look at my video...and the more posts hitting this...makes it more interesting for people to watch.

    So I think it's good to keep going on in this way.

    As for Mr./Mrss/Ms. W.Rabbit...Im no longer capable of understanding if your being sarcastic, passive aggressive or serious, or maybe it's still to early in the day and I haven't had any coffee since I've been at work.

    Some people are saying I've embellished my training? I don't remember saying much about my training expect what ranks I have. I never stated in my bio what styles I teach and mostly the only style I do teach is Goju, it's the only style I feel I have practiced in. I can understand you'd say I was embellishing if I said I was a live in student of Morio Higaonna...(Which I was...just kidding). Or if I can do tameshiwari with three louisville sluggers taped together. I can't though, haha. I am pretty decent at Boshiken though (Just one board at a time, but I can do around three total in a row...working on doing two at a time.)

    So I don't think I ever embellished and I apologize for all the other assholes that come on here saying their some sort Grandmaster Dai sempai soke of the cobra kai lineage. I'm not one of those people. I will be the first to say that I am not a recognized black belt in any Asian country, I am a recognized black belt in my town...by my friends and by what ever small organizations I may join or attend, but now I have ZERO accreditation through an overseas organization to teach. Do my teachers? Not anymore. My Goju Ryu teacher says he started under the Jundokan, but broke away due to high member dues, which I can believe and understand. A friend of mine is part of the Bujinkan (teehee) and his annual dues are a good $250.00. So before you begin to say I am embellishing, just ask the right questions. Don't just say "DON'T DODGE IT". Because I have yet to dodge any of them.

    Did you realize there are amateurs and ex-pro fighters on this site that don't train that often? If you had, would you have much such a claim?
    I really couldn't care. Just because you train every day doesn't mean you become an expert or the best, but it is easier to become more proficient in your movements as well as understanding towards what ever sport/art you're doing.

    As for the Shodan, part. No I cannot. But I can prove that I tested to Sandan April of 2011. When I get off work tonight I will take a picture and have it ready to post here tomorrow. But then again, I'm a bit reluctant to do so, because SOMEONE will I'm sure say "Anyone can make a certificate/plaque".

    I see so your three years of Japanese gives you license to lecture a site full of people who can actually read and speak it. Gotcha, college boy.
    Saying that I went to college was just to add backing to being able to speak a different language. I'm a mixed Korean/Japanese. I can read and speak both Korean and Japanese. Probably better at Korean...but whatever. I'm not going to argue on this one...I was a bit cocky saying that I did take three years of it in college. You got me on this one.

    I never said I was an experienced fighter. Never did...I said it was a common example I seen...I should have probably said I heard it. But just because you get into a cage and fight someone, doesn't make you an inexperienced fighter either...sure...it shows you can fight someone when you know your SUPPOSED to fight...but that's it. A real fight is when it happens, when your not expecting it. All other fights are just sports.

    Disclaimer. I know little about traditional CMA other than that time spent in Tcc (which is little). You list ranking in Goju and aikido which I will address as these should be apparent in your overall movement.

    Constructive criticism....

    I watch everything from the feet upward. All movement and the majority of power are generated from the ground.

    At 0:13, your energy is more directed at the floor than your target. Is this for appearance?

    At 0:39 the alignment of feet to strike/block leaves little power. What is the purpose? I ask this in critique and to learn myself.

    At 0:46 your head is down. Why as this seems to be improper posture given your next moves appear against another opponent?

    Again, I am not authority on CMA, but am commenting on your movement in general. Overall movement is crisp. Good, yet learn to control your body rise and fall during execution of movement. How is your breathing during execution? This is important as you should well know. If not, you're not ready for the ranks held in your bio.

    Welcome to the site. Grow a thick skin and you'll find here a wealth of information as well as a weeding out of the bs commonly found in the martial arts.
    at :13 it isn't supposed to be for show, but whenever I do it, it looks like that's the primary base around it. It's supposed to be a stomp on the foot and an 'explosion' from the fist at the same time.

    :39 is mostly for throwing your hand into someone's face...the smack into the hand is for show. It starts off with a back had to the face then you throw the hand into the face to 'throw them off' that's when you launch into the elbow strike.

    :46 was bad posture and I was trying to look down to see what I was doing wrong! Good catch! Thanks!

    As far as breathing goes, I like to think I have good breathing skills, especially from all the Sanchin, Tensho and Suparunpei we do in Goju Ryu, but it's hard to transition that into a different style...at least in my opinion.

    But I thank you for all your help!

    With your elbow up? Try it with a partner and see if it works.
    I supposed I used 'arm' instead of 'wrist'. My fault I apologize. But when someone is grabbing your wrist you, bring the wrist in and pop the elbow up to break from the hold, and it also could double as a counter attack at the same time, if they don't let go right away, like if I wasn't strong enough to break the hold, the elbow pops up and hits them.
  3. fudoshin_ryu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 10:39am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That black guy is Asia, right? I never knew he did Baji, but I know he's more well known for his Kyokushin, right?

    My teacher's teacher in An Jian Qiu...I guess our Baji is a bit more flashier than most styles...

    But...Asia did have a good shoulder thrust at like 1:16

    Thanks for sharing the video!
  4. fudoshin_ryu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 10:43am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by fudoshin_ryu; 10/03/2012 10:47am at .
  5. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,634

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 10:56am

    supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes there are many An Jian Qiu videos on BS. net

    Thank you. I think you've finally completed my bullshidoka identification training.

    The only thing missing is you have yet to claim to have trained SEALs and charge for your video. Or are creating your own style....was expecting that one.

    • Multiple black belt/certificate/rank claims
    • Questionable lineage
    • Won't show credentials because blah blah blah
    • Legal Drinker for 2 years

    +++

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    I'm not even going to waste my time in posting a picture of my certificates. More than likely it will prove to be a waste of time
    So the answer is no you can't? You made a claim, you're using classic bullshidoka fallacies, and thus no one will trust you. Not because you did or didn't show the certificates (if they exist), but because of exactly how you are responding here.

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    Hell, maybe I'm just trolling to get video hits :P, in which case...I'm provoking all of you on purpose. :Gasp:
    You really, truly do not understand the nature of this website do you?

    You think you'd be the first?

    Be careful what you wish for.

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    Probably not though...or am I?
    It won't matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    But I do have to say the thread it self has gotten more hits then I have expected. I figure maybe a third of those hits got people to look at my video...and the more posts hitting this...makes it more interesting for people to watch.
    Hits don't mean jack ****, unless they put a man on base or add a run.

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    As for Mr./Mrss/Ms. W.Rabbit...Im no longer capable of understanding if your being sarcastic, passive aggressive or serious, or maybe it's still to early in the day and I haven't had any coffee since I've been at work.
    That's because you're seeing characteristics, and not what I really mean.

    What you really need is a big shot of Wake the **** Up.

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    Some people are saying I've embellished my training? I don't remember saying much about my training expect what ranks I have.
    Ranks you claim to have.

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    I will be the first to say that I am not a recognized black belt in any Asian country
    See we finally have something in common?

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    I am a recognized black belt in my town...
    Jesus wept.

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    I really couldn't care. Just because you train every day doesn't mean you become an expert or the best, but it is easier to become more proficient in your movements as well as understanding towards what ever sport/art you're doing.
    You didn't answer my question, about when you trained 6 days a week. That's calling dodging and you've done it from the start of the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    As for the Shodan, part. No I cannot. But I can prove that I tested to Sandan April of 2011. When I get off work tonight I will take a picture and have it ready to post here tomorrow. But then again, I'm a bit reluctant to do so, because SOMEONE will I'm sure say "Anyone can make a certificate/plaque".
    You've been failing to understand the site or it's culture and policies so far, so what qualifies you to predict the future exactly?

    Newsflash....this community will be able to tell at first glance whether your certificates are real or fake or worst, real and worthless.

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    I never said I was an experienced fighter. Never did...I said it was a common example I seen...I should have probably said I heard it. But just because you get into a cage and fight someone, doesn't make you an inexperienced fighter either...sure...it shows you can fight someone when you know your SUPPOSED to fight...but that's it. A real fight is when it happens, when your not expecting it. All other fights are just sports.
    OK now you're down to anecdotes and sport vs. street.

    You've got a lot to learn, Townie Black Belt.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/03/2012 11:06am at .
  6. Ming Loyalist is offline
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar

    solves problems with violence

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,398

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 11:12am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, the passive agression and butt hurt are strong with this one.

    OP - read more, post less, if you want to enjoy this forum.

    you're looking for a form fairy circle-jerk and you aren't going to find it here. answer questions without getting butt-hurt, or leave the site. if you can get over yourself, you might learn something here, but i doubt you can get over yourself.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
  7. fudoshin_ryu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 11:45am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    wow, the passive agression and butt hurt are strong with this one.

    OP - read more, post less, if you want to enjoy this forum.

    you're looking for a form fairy circle-jerk and you aren't going to find it here. answer questions without getting butt-hurt, or leave the site. if you can get over yourself, you might learn something here, but i doubt you can get over yourself.

    Ill try.

    So for future references...It's best not to post videos and expect feedback on the form?
  8. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,634

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 11:50am

    supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    Ill try.

    So for future references...It's best not to post videos and expect feedback on the form?
    It's best to tell the truth, be honest with yourself, expect to back up claims, and expect extraordinary claims to require extraordinary evidence, to paraphrase Sagan.

    Your form was fine, in fact I thought you showed some grace and skill before you ruined it by talking.
  9. fudoshin_ryu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 11:56am


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    It's best to tell the truth, be honest with yourself, expect to back up claims, and expect extraordinary claims to require extraordinary evidence, to paraphrase Sagan.

    Your form was fine, in fact I thought you showed some grace and skill before you ruined it by talking.
    yes, well my mouth does have a tendency to make me look different...lol.

    I'll keep that all in mind for the next video/thread I post.
  10. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    10/03/2012 12:27pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    So for future references...It's best not to post videos and expect feedback on the form?
    Depends on what you mean by feedback.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.