Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 3:53pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    You probably shouldn't post in a thread that's asking for feedback unless your going to actually give feedback that pertains to what I'm actually asking for...just a thought. Thanks!
    I am a moderator on this site. I am advising you that your posting attitude, as welll as multiple threads asking the same thing, is not going to earn you any points on this site.

W. Rabbit is well within his privileges as a member of this site to question your history and statements.

If you cannot handle it, leave.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I remember the Goju Ryu and Aikijutsu were started in a YMCA...I used to get dropped off there after school, from what my parents tell me. I don't really remember much about that time though.
    If you don't even remember that time, how much weight do you assign to that part of your training? Cause it kinda sounds like 2 black belts in daycare.
    As for training now...I usually do my martial arts on a daily basis. Alternating the styles.
    (I.E. Mon-Karate, Tue- Aikijutsu, Wed-Gumdo...so on)
    So do you have a training partner on the same rotating schedule, or are you just doing forms and stuff?

As for the name Fudoshin it should mean Immovable Mind (Just thought I'd throw that in since you didn't put the whole term in...thought you didn't know...I could be wrong though.)
    Well, "Immovable Mind" is exactly what you don't want to be in the fighting arts, but even still, does adding "shin" automatically mean Mind? For example, in shinken, it means "real".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 5:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    A 23 year old with three black belts you got from your time at the YMCA that you can't remember that well?

Ah, it now makes sense. Those black belts were kiddie black belts, then? That's a serious question, don't dodge it.

You remembered to put down that you had black belts in those arts though? And you're a current instructor in Goju Ryu, but you "don't remember much about that time"? That's a serious question, don't dodge it.

Do you understand yet why people could care less about your forms, and more about your claims (to be an instructor, to have black belts, to know what the hell you are doing?). That's a serious question, don't dodge it.

You have no clue but you got a black belt in it???? That's a serious question, don't dodge it.

Yes, the way you've been trying to control the conversation has been apparent from the beginning.

Maybe you should try to start over in Newbietown, as I suggested there.

Now, we'll see you pull all sorts of bullshidoka arguments out of your ass, while you attempt to educate Bullshido on the real meaning of Japanese words.
    My first shodan in Goju Ryu was at the age of fifteen.
    Aikijutsu was probably around the same time. It's funny how you say "don't dodge it" as if I dodged any of your questions. I just wish you'd PM me so people who actually have something to contribute to my form would say something. As for my claims...you are basically the only one who cares...and you probably have no clue as to how long it normally takes a Karate-ka to gain a black belt training roughly six days a week.

Your saying I should remember something from when I was four years old? :( I don't know many six yr olds that can remember two years back. Hell I can't even remember what year I learned Suparunpei, but I can still do Suparunpei. I can't remember the date of my shodan test, but I can remember there was a shodan test.

If Gumdo and Kendo aren't governed under an organization it's not considered legitimate. So no I am not recognized by AJKF or any other organization for my rank as a 2nd dan in Gumdo/Kendo. I do that one mostly for the cardio exercise. Anyone who has done Kendo woould know it is a very decent cardio exercise especially during suburi.

I did take three years of Japanese Language while I was in college...so why shouldn't I? ;)

-----

Now...Regardless if I am a Bullshido-ka, or not. What does it matter when I come here looking for feedback? Did I expect a **** load of praise. No. But I also didn't expect to come here and chat about my ranks, or how I got them, when i got them, or who gave them to me. I'm not asking you who your teacher was how long you've ben doing it or where you started it. Why? because quite frankly I could care less. But it seems that you have something going on where you feel the need to give me an interview. It's actually becoming amusing, sort of making me feel famous like this is gonna be on the front cover of Classical fighting arts or something. :P

I am a moderator on this site. I am advising you that your posting attitude, as welll as multiple threads asking the same thing, is not going to earn you any points on this site.

W. Rabbit is well within his privileges as a member of this site to question your history and statements.

If you cannot handle it, leave.
    Well I also have a privilege as a member to not answer his questions if they don't show relevancy to what this thread is for. In other words it could be considered spam as well. This would be the last thread where I will answer questions that does not pertain to feedback on my form. Because basically it's turning into something completely different, and since it's now involving talk about, Korean, Japanese and Okinawan styles...it would no longer fit into the Chinese martial arts forum, right?

So do you have a training partner on the same rotating schedule, or are you just doing forms and stuff?
    This would depend on other factors as well. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Usually on days I practice Karate, they double as teaching days too.

Well, "Immovable Mind" is exactly what you don't want to be in the fighting arts, but even still, does adding "shin" automatically mean Mind? For example, in shinken, it means "real".
    I never said it did. I was referring to what Fudoshin meant. Fudoshin also means immutable. The base theory on Fudoshin is that if you have to, you will keep pushing forward. A common example I see from time to time is that if your fighting someone and you know your going to lose you still decide to do it...(we also call that stupidity) from time to time...but it's a good trait to learn especially if your a business person or someone that has to deal with a lot of people.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 6:20pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now...Regardless if I am a Bullshido-ka, or not..... But I also didn't expect to come here and chat about my ranks, or how I got them, when i got them, or who gave them to me.
    Seriously? You are aware of the purpose of this site, right?!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 6:38pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fudoshin also means immutable. The base theory on Fudoshin is that if you have to, you will keep pushing forward. A common example I see from time to time is that if your fighting someone and you know your going to lose you still decide to do it...(we also call that stupidity) from time to time
    In my years here, I've seen many fight an uphill battle to defend what wasn't worth defending, and their insistence on following a narrow road was not admirable.

...but it's a good trait to learn especially if your a business person or someone that has to deal with a lot of people.
    IMO a better lesson is to avoid situations where you will lose. Rather than climb the wall no matter how high it is, I think its better to tunnel under it or something.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 6:42pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just bear with me, newb with three black belts...it will only hurt more if you move. I will be as gentle as possible.

My first shodan in Goju Ryu was at the age of fifteen.
    I had already figured that part out.

It's funny how you say "don't dodge it" as if I dodged any of your questions.
    It's not funny, because I was trying to make sure you actually took my inquiries seriously (which you still aren't, if you think it's "funny"). Thanks for making things so difficult.

I just wish you'd PM me so people who actually have something to contribute to my form would say something. As for my claims...you are basically the only one who cares...
    You misunderstand. All I care about is figuring out whether you are the kind of dumbass who has actual training history and might be useful someday, versus a lying smartass who is either embellishing his training or flat out making things up.

Guess which track you're on?

If you stay on this course pretty soon zero people will care about your forms, or anything else you have to say. And you'll know it.

and you probably have no clue as to how long it normally takes a Karate-ka to gain a black belt training roughly six days a week.
    You probably have no clue either, since you "don't remember it well". And when exactly did you train 6 days a week? In your tweens?

Did you realize there are amateurs and ex-pro fighters on this site that don't train that often? If you had, would you have much such a claim?

Your saying I should remember something from when I was four years old? :( I don't know many six yr olds that can remember two years back. Hell I can't even remember what year I learned Suparunpei, but I can still do Suparunpei. I can't remember the date of my shodan test, but I can remember there was a shodan test.
    So hypothetically, if I ask you to prove you are shodan in Goju Ryu...you can't produce documented proof?

You know, like a certificate with your testing date on it?

I did take three years of Japanese Language while I was in college...so why shouldn't I? ;)
    I see so your three years of Japanese gives you license to lecture a site full of people who can actually read and speak it. Gotcha, college boy.

But I also didn't expect to come here and chat about my ranks, or how I got them, when i got them, or who gave them to me.
    You came to exactly the wrong site then. Here, you are expected to back up claims about ranks, how you got them, when you got them, and who gave them to you.

I'm not asking you who your teacher was how long you've ben doing it or where you started it. Why? because quite frankly I could care less.
    I've made no claims about rank. If you wanted to know what I train, with whom, and where, just search Bullshido or ask me. But this is your thread, not mine...

But it seems that you have something going on where you feel the need to give me an interview. It's actually becoming amusing, sort of making me feel famous like this is gonna be on the front cover of Classical fighting arts or something.
    Now what's really funny is irony, because you came here, you posted your video, and you asked people for feedback.

Now you try to cast me as "interviewer", when in fact, you asked for questions. You just don't like the questions and are in defensive mode. You thought you could claim all these ranks and no one would question it? On a forum like this?

Well I also have a privilege as a member to not answer his questions if they don't show relevancy to what this thread is for. In other words it could be considered spam as well.
    Yes, your entire thread should probably be in Trollshido right now. You've **** up your own thread with a lot of crying, rather than answer some basic questions about yourself and keeping a cool head.

A common example I see from time to time is that if your fighting someone and you know your going to lose you still decide to do it...(we also call that stupidity) from time to time...but it's a good trait to learn especially if your a business person or someone that has to deal with a lot of people.
    So now you're an experienced fighter?

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/02/2012 6:53pm at .

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 10:46pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see similarities in what your doing with my own Baji training but mine comes from a different lineage. Other than that I'm staying out of this one.
    安氏八极拳学生

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 10:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the fact that you didn't quote the entire paragraph but just the parts that you wanted to.
    I like the part where you think the rest of your post made the conclusion different.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 11:50pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Disclaimer. I know little about traditional CMA other than that time spent in Tcc (which is little). You list ranking in Goju and aikido which I will address as these should be apparent in your overall movement.

Constructive criticism....

I watch everything from the feet upward. All movement and the majority of power are generated from the ground.

At 0:13, your energy is more directed at the floor than your target. Is this for appearance?

At 0:39 the alignment of feet to strike/block leaves little power. What is the purpose? I ask this in critique and to learn myself.

At 0:46 your head is down. Why as this seems to be improper posture given your next moves appear against another opponent?

Again, I am not authority on CMA, but am commenting on your movement in general. Overall movement is crisp. Good, yet learn to control your body rise and fall during execution of movement. How is your breathing during execution? This is important as you should well know. If not, you're not ready for the ranks held in your bio.

Welcome to the site. Grow a thick skin and you'll find here a wealth of information as well as a weeding out of the bs commonly found in the martial arts.

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 12:57am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Practicality wise it can be that someone is trying to grab the other arm or 'hold' you in place from moving, so it's a way of 'breaking' from the opponents hold.
    With your elbow up? Try it with a partner and see if it works.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast