Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2012 1:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'd like to ask you all for feedback!...

Even if your not a practitioner of the Chinese martial arts! Please leave your feedback of what you thought was 'right' or 'wrong' with my form or techniques!

Thanks in advance

link is here!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/01/2012 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your profile 'About Me' bit says you are an instructor in Baji.. I'd like to ask why you want an opinion from random internet people?What do you expect to get from it?

Here's my opinion: Right= You want to improve (Presumably, it maybe you just want attention). Wrong= your not asking whoever is teaching you.

As a general throwout response I would say your head positioning is poor and suggests you don't really know what your doing or why your doing it..did you just now learn this?

...and I should stfu cos I don't know **** about Baji.

There are people here that do though, so perhaps you should re name the thread to get their attention or just ask your teacher.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/01/2012 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you're punching, why do you put the other forearm parallel to the ground with the elbow up like that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 10:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Your profile 'About Me' bit says you are an instructor in Baji.. I'd like to ask why you want an opinion from random internet people?What do you expect to get from it?

Here's my opinion: Right= You want to improve (Presumably, it maybe you just want attention). Wrong= your not asking whoever is teaching you.

As a general throwout response I would say your head positioning is poor and suggests you don't really know what your doing or why your doing it..did you just now learn this?

...and I should stfu cos I don't know **** about Baji.

There are people here that do though, so perhaps you should re name the thread to get their attention or just ask your teacher.

I have a certification to teach Baji, but I do not teach Baji. I myself don't feel at a high enough level to actually sit down and say "Hey! I'm gonna teach you Baji! Pay me $50.00 + dollars!"

As for my teacher that I should be asking, we stopped speaking for quite some time now...monetary problems. I won't delve too deep into it, because it's not a matter the whole interweb should be involved in.

But I do thank you for your comments! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    When you're punching, why do you put the other forearm parallel to the ground with the elbow up like that?
    Practicality wise it can be that someone is trying to grab the other arm or 'hold' you in place from moving, so it's a way of 'breaking' from the opponents hold. I am sure there are other practical applications of that movement though! Another reason why I am asking for advice from all practitioners to see if they 'see' something different.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 10:58am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    I have a certification to teach Baji
    I am sure there are other practical applications of that movement though! Another reason why I am asking for advice from all practitioners to see if they 'see' something different.
    Oh brother...

So...you know the forms, but are unsure of the techniques in the form?

Yeah, someone took your money all right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 11:17am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Oh brother...

So...you know the forms, but are unsure of the techniques in the form?

Yeah, someone took your money all right.
    I like the fact that you didn't quote the entire paragraph but just the parts that you wanted to. As with all arts there is more than one way to use a technique. If I know two ways to get out of a hold using one technique I'm sure there is someone else that can show me a different variation. If you goal is to come here and just talk trash and say someone took my money, then please don't bother.

The monetary problems I spoke of above is that I was accused of taking his money...which I never did. But I do wish to thank you for taking your time to post on this thread! Thanks! And I hope we can have a conversation where you're not just trying to talk trash. Until then! Thanks.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 11:17am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Practicality wise it can be that someone is trying to grab the other arm or 'hold' you in place from moving, so it's a way of 'breaking' from the opponents hold. I am sure there are other practical applications of that movement though! Another reason why I am asking for advice from all practitioners to see if they 'see' something different.
    I figured it was more of a structural detail than an application one.

Of course we'll all "see" something different, because you're all by yourself pantomiming violence in a way that's very context-free. That is to say, in a form, what appears to be a punch or a block may be something very different, and if we don't know what that different thing is, its hard to say much about it. For example, in any given move, should a person sink low, or raise up higher, or stay neutral? Its hard to say, because universals across styles are not always as universal as you'd think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 11:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I figured it was more of a structural detail than an application one.

Of course we'll all "see" something different, because you're all by yourself pantomiming violence in a way that's very context-free. That is to say, in a form, what appears to be a punch or a block may be something very different, and if we don't know what that different thing is, its hard to say much about it. For example, in any given move, should a person sink low, or raise up higher, or stay neutral? Its hard to say, because universals across styles are not always as universal as you'd think.

So to progress in terms of being more practical I am also trying to pick all of your brains to see what you 'see'. If someone says as an example "the punch at :44 was good but you should move your hips into it" and I'm sitting here thinking "That's supposed to be a block though..." But now I have gained a bit more insight as to what else the technique can be. You can't hope to survive off of one technique thinking it's always supposed to be done just one single way. As well as when I do begin to teach baji I can't just hope my students would want to settle on just one variation of a technique...I know I was never this way when I was with my teacher...

Thanks again!

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the fact that you didn't quote the entire paragraph but just the parts that you wanted to.
    I didn't have to quote the entire thing. I quoted the main point you made which was you have a certificate to teach something you're obviously not qualified to teach (your words, not mine). See the difference?

As with all arts there is more than one way to use a technique.
    And you don't know them, so I'm still amazed how you managed to get a certificate to teach. I'm even more amazed you're asking the internet to somehow complete your training, which isn't possible.

If you goal is to come here and just talk trash and say someone took my money, then please don't bother.
    I'm not the one with goals here, remember you posted the video.

The monetary problems I spoke of above is that I was accused of taking his money...which I never did.
    Didn't you just say you weren't going to bring that up? But anyway, I was referring to the fact that you got a certificate that means nothing, and probably paid for it, since by your own admission you don't feel qualified to teach baiji.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 11:56am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I didn't have to quote the entire thing. I quoted the main point you made which was you have a certificate to teach something you're obviously not qualified to teach (your words, not mine). See the difference?

And you don't know them, so I'm still amazed how you managed to get a certificate to teach. I'm even more amazed you're asking the internet to somehow complete your training, which isn't possible.

I'm not the one with goals here, remember you posted the video.

Didn't you just say you weren't going to bring that up? But anyway, I was referring to the fact that you got a certificate that means nothing, and probably paid for it, since by your own admission you don't feel qualified to teach baiji.
    You are obviously more well versed in internet arguing then I am...I will just 'bow' out of this little spiff and continue to listen to what people with common sense have to say about what I'm asking. I do thank you for replying...once again!
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast