Sponsored Links Spacer Image

UFC Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 3:33pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     CEO: Alan Belcher MMA Club Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    That is my doing I'm afraid. I'm the moderator, and am very strict about members posting in a manner that is both on topic and knowledgeable.

However, perhaps most members are unaware that this criteria is not as strictly enforced in threads announcing/discussing tournaments or videos.

To the rest of you, as long as it is on topic, you are free to comment on these threads without worrying about online recriminations.

I wish there was an alternate angle of that video. I had to watch it a few times to piece together exactly how he finished. That was a very fluid finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    There's what jnp said, but there's also that I've seen this before a while ago. It's awesome, no doubt.
    Did you guys click the link where Davi explains and shows how to hit this? Check this out if you missed it: http://prommatraining.com/armbar-opponent-grabs-head/

Also Davi is more of a beast than you think. After my training camp for Palhares when Davi was here he flew straight out to Abu Dhabi to compete in the Abu Dhabi Pro Worlds (he won the brazilian trials to get there).

His first match in the absolute was Marcus "Buchecha" Almeida, who many people highly anticipated going against Rodolfo Viera in the 2nd round of the absolute... but it didn't work out that way. Lightweight Davi Ramos took down and submitted Buchecha in about a minute (who 2 months later became absolute World Champion and beat Rodolfo).

Also BJJ doesn't let you drop too much weight since you weigh in right at your first match. Davi is a big lightweight, but he's not as big as many of you think.

As for when he went against Joao Assis; I think he actually had to go against Assis and Monson back to back the same event.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very impressive sub...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 4:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very nice. Thanks for posting.

UFC Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:41pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     CEO: Alan Belcher MMA Club Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problem, glad you liked it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 6:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really wish I had that sort of focus. Thanks for sharing.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not regarding the armbar, but:
    They kept interlacing their fingers when they were squaring off, especially towards the beginning of the video.... what's up with that? I have legit never seen that in another grappling comp.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 9:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's crazy that Davi still isn't very well known in the US because he has a "fan favorite" style for sure.

I was blown away when I got to train with him. Davi is probably the fastest guy I've ever rolled with, and he's super technical. That win over Buchecha is huge though, it's impossible to find video, but I heard from people that saw it first hand it was unreal.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 12:24am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    They kept interlacing their fingers when they were squaring off, especially towards the beginning of the video.... what's up with that? I have legit never seen that in another grappling comp.
    Really? You see it a lot in vids of the mundials, especially when one guy sits to butterfly. Check out some of Cobrinha and Rafe Mendes matches, Jeff Glover, a lot of those guys. I THINK it's more common in the lighter weightclasses.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 6:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Yes, I noticed that. When Wrestling used to feature on ITV (UK) many years ago, that was a typical opening engagement. It usually brought a Reversal: Ouch.

Davi was verrrry relaxed and was content to just wait sitting on the mat, so as to invite the attack and allow him to counter. This played to Jeff Monson's intention to pursue the bout. Good sportsmanship.

Great finishing technique but many thanks for the Explanation because I couldn't see how he did it. A quality touch to show such a light grip posing no overt threat...until the Trap was sprung.

Enjoyable. Thanks for posting and for the Explanatory vid. Cheers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12