Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of comps this one might be a bit of you.
    https://www.facebook.com/RhinoCoach?...ation=timeline
    http://mmabattlers.com
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Speaking of comps this one might be a bit of you.
    https://www.facebook.com/RhinoCoach?...ation=timeline
    http://mmabattlers.com
    Certainly sounds interesting, I'll let the guys at the gym know and see if anyone is keen.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2014 Queensland State Championships

So, don't have much in the way of pics or vids from this one. Long and short of it though, picked up a Bronze at 85kg blue gi and a silver in the open blue gi.

Here is a highlight vid from the day, unfortunately my who's the boss choke sub didn't make the cut:

Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2015 Queensland State Championships

So will keep this short and sweet, competed in three division in the Qld State championships yesterday. Picked up a gold in the Medium Heavy (85kg/187lbs) Blue Belt Gi and a silver in the Medium Heavy Blue Belt No-Gi. Got knocked out of the second round of the blue belt open gi by the 91kg champion, going down 6-3.

Gold in the Gi:

Silver in the No-gi:
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, finally got a video of the gold medal match (gi)^. Always open to suggestions/ribbings on my performances:

Some analysis for my future reference:

0:18 Hmm, need to work on selling that feint leg sweep.
    0:34 Not sure why I didn't just take the back here, just kinda sat there and let him get up.
    0:37 and straight into a single leg.
    1:07 Should've been working for that deep half from 0:59 when he came up on that knee.
    1:28-42 Side control take one. 14 seconds of resting - need to do something with this.
    1:44 And looks like I need to work on guillotines as well.
    2:12 LOL! Inverted!
    2:20

2:33 That looks more like something I would do.
    2:47 Side control take 2. Still did nothing with it, although at least I was attempting to get a lapel or something.
    3:06 aaaand reversed by a single leg again.
    3:40 So thought I was going to pull off that cheeky sweep. Nope. Just about gave up my back instead.
    4:04 Bail and a reunion with my old friend, half guard.
    4:22 I'll have to find out the name of this sweep. pulled it off two more times in the comp and it will serve me a lot better in the future when knee-bars are on the table.
    4:31 oh look, side control again! Maybe we should do something with it this time.
    4:53 How about a knee-ride, haven't tried one of those yet.
    5:00 ooh, ooh, arm-bar.....
    5:21 done. Luckily he was as gassed as I was by this stage.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2017 South East Queensland BJJ Championship

So, for my first attempt at a purple belt comp it didn't go too badly. Four divisions, five close losses and four consolation medals. Most importantly though, i gained in confidence as I was able to hang with the predominantly 3 stripe purple belts.

Lost the first match by and advantage (0-0 on points, 1-2 advantages). Thought I'd scored a pass off one of my triangle escapes but my idea of three seconds and the refs were different I guess.
    Lost the second match to the same guy by 3 points, after he caught me in a sweep. Also a reminder that I need to work on my fitness as these 7 minute rounds are brutal.
    Lost the next one by 2 points (think it was 4-6, not sure though). Had a Kimura grip locked up from bottom side control but couldn't complete the sweep or the sub to steal the match.
    Lost the next one 0-2 against a guy 2 weight divisions higher than me. I had shot a double but he reversed me on the ground to snake my points.
    Last one I lost by 2 points again. Again, had a deep guillotine from closed guard locked in with a minute to go but just couldn't complete or sweep to jag a win.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Page 2 of 2 First 12