pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that a lot of preppers are closet (or not so closet) white supremacists
    I'll counter the "It's just you" comments with a "yeah, I've seen it". There are plenty of preppers who are not, but it wouldn't be right to say that there's no white supremacists among the ranks of holier-than-thou paramilitary supply hoarding isolationist xenophobe part of the culture.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 1:23pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sniper weapon is a good choice, but I'm not starting a guerrilla war just now. If I'd take a firearm I'd probably go for silenced DeLisle or some modern more powerful equivalent with optics, which would give me the chance to hunt and defend myself with minimum immediate attention of every fucking one nearby. Any suggestions in this direction?
    Some more serious weapon would be picked along the way.

But since I'm not even considering a crossbow (as far as I know, special forces in my country have some (at least they used to have them) for covert sentry removal actions) it's just a theoretical debate. Until the end of the world. If that happens, I won't need the gun anyway.
    If it's gonna be just another conflict, I'll strongly consider guns and ammo when I see country spinning towards it.
    In the last war the army again tried to disarm our territorial defenses. The weapons found path into the state quickly. Money does wonders.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/04/2012 1:57pm at .

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 2:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

What are some of the resorts you would suggest?
    Come in late spring, you'll miss the giant surf but you'll be less likely to get rained out for 2 weeks.
    Plus, whales come in the spring and summer is crowded.

Devil's 2 week Hawai'i vacay:

Week 1, Oahu:
    http://www.kahalaresort.com/photogallery/index.cfm
    Close enough to Waikiki for your doses of kitsch, surf lessons, souvenir shopping (do this stuff on Oahu) etc.,
    yet just far enough away from the madness for some peace and quiet.
    From here you can pretty conveniently see any of the sights on Oahu via car.

Option for week 1:
    Spend a couple of nights here; http://www.turtlebayresort.com/
    Nice place.
    You can do any North Shore sightseeing based out of here a bit easier.
    http://www.polynesia.com/ is close by, if you want to do that bit.
    The "PCC" has a not so subtly implied "Aren't them natives so lucky we Mormons saved them!" vibe which is entertaining in itself.

Week 2, Maui:
    http://www.fourseasons.com/maui/phot...&_s_icmp=mmenu
    This place is awesome.
    The entire Wailea area is pretty full of very nice resorts so you can probably find something cheaper, but the service etc. here is TOP.

Maui has tons of sightseeing, though you will do a bit more driving.
    Get to Haleakala by sunrise(image search those terms).
    Eat a cream puff at Komoda bakery in Makawao; *patchouli warning for that town.
    Hana, the seven sacred falls and Koki beach make for a good day trip, if a long drive.

Iao needle, Lahaina town, snorkeling Molokini and checking out the various farms (lavender, protea etc) with their respective goods all rate a mention.

Mama's = YUM. Eat here.
    http://www.mamasfishhouse.com/ They even have an Inn.

You can easily spend a week or two on Maui alone.
    It's very tourism-centric, perhaps more so than Oahu but much less crowded overall.

Option week 2, Lanai:

http://www.fourseasons.com/manelebay...&_s_icmp=mmenu
    or
    http://www.fourseasons.com/koele/pho...&_s_icmp=mmenu
    and do ab-so-lutely nothing.
    Seriously, just wind down for a day or two.
    Take the ferry if you guys can handle a little bump.

Last bit, you mentioned resorts specifically.
    If it were me, while on Oahu, i'd probably rather get a condo in Lanikai for the bulk of the stay.
    You'd have one of the nicest beaches in the world on your back porch and a pack of good restaurants in your immediate vicinity.
    If you've seen any of my food posts, many of them are from this area.
    Waikiki is still only about 20-30 mins away; a bit longer during "rush hour".

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 2:06pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    The "PCC" has a not so subtly implied "Aren't them natives so lucky we Mormons saved them!" vibe which is entertaining in itself.
    I know a few Hawaiian ass Hawaiians who I noticed are Mormon on Facebook. I don't get it.

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 2:27pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I know a few Hawaiian ass Hawaiians who I noticed are Mormon on Facebook. I don't get it.

I'm clueless about that.

We do have a BYU here.
    Lots of pasty thighs, wide-eyed girls from the midwest show up to go to school there.
    Mormon girls are into anal. (It's not sex. No, really!).

These things i know.

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 2:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and before anyone get's their panties in a bunch:

It's not a derail.
    1) 6 F/A-18s flying directly overhead at low altitude is what the EOTWAWKI will sound like.
    b) Location, location, location; having thousands of miles of ocean between you and the hoards is better than any kit.

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 2:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Sniper weapon is a good choice, but I'm not starting a guerrilla war just now. If I'd take a firearm I'd probably go for silenced DeLisle or some modern more powerful equivalent with optics, which would give me the chance to hunt and defend myself with minimum immediate attention of every fucking one nearby. Any suggestions in this direction?
    Oh HELL YEAH!

Remington 700

Tika Super Varmint

Savage (of your choosing)

Just to name a couple. Those are all good places to start. I like a .308 myself. And be prepared to invest at least as much on glass as you did on the rifle.

Also, be prepared to spend at least as much as you did on the gun package on ammo.

Practice, pratice, PRACTICE!

A good scoped bolt action is something every American male who can hadle the responsibility should own.

That said, me not being a "sniper", this is at the top of my list right now:

Though ecconomy and common sense will probably drive me to buy two Saiga .308s for the same price. (They do the exact same thing, they just don't look as pretty doing it...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 3:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Than it's settled. For the end of the world buy many condom packages (just in case it does not end) and two air tickets to some nice beach area.

For a little local warmongering buy a silenced sniper weapon (yes, that should do http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:XM...ember_2010.jpg), a saiga shotgun and a mule to carry your ****. (tent, ammo, food, stuffed enemies and other souveniers,...)
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/04/2012 3:15pm at .

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 3:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    For a little local warmongering buy a silenced sniper weapon...
    There's no such thing BTW.

You can have a "supressed" rifle but there is no such thing as a "silenced" anything.

Also keep in mind that "subsonic" ammunition (The "quiet" kind) for SUPPRESSED shooting is a reduced power load. tHis means that it does not travel as fast (hence "subsonic") thus it does not travel as far.

What is my point?

You don't use "suppresed" weapons for long range shooting. (sniping) In fact, when a sniper shoots someone they are bleeding before the report of the shot reaches them. (Super sonic projectile) At which point, everyone around them is completely aware that they are under fire.

Also, stop looking to video games and Hollywood for your gun facts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 4:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used the wrong word. I meant suppressed. I know you think of me as an idiot hippie who doesn't have a clue, but you're a bit wrong. God you're so wrong.

I said If I went into battle, I'd need something quiet to HUNT (without giving all the merry runarounds a happy hunt) and ASSASSINATE. You're probably a bit retarded because I stated that before and you didn't notice and that saddens me. I don't like being cruel to idiots or anyone without good reason... I do not want to attack the whole company, drone or M1A1/T90 whatever it will be with kalašnikov and a handgranade. If that's the way you'd like to go fine, but It seems a bit stupid to die that way to me.

DeLisle seems quite quiet to me. Add a scope and you have an awesome little thing

At least you got something right. I do play games. I used to shoot a lot when I was young, but lost interest and am not checking the latest developments and stopped practicing years ago, because it was a waste of time and money. Instead of chasing dudes with airsoft rifles or spending cash on bullets/military magazines, I visit castles and museums and training sessions and learn about world and cultures. I 'kill' on the computer which is cheaper, more fun and no one or nothing has to die to make me feel like I have a bigger dick.
    Where I live there's no need for paranoia and constant packing of heat. Besides I live in a block with fire/break proof door, and safe window so I don't need a gun just yet - someone might shoot himself with it. People are stupid.

If things turned for the worse, I'll be prepared. Probably more than all tough mall-rats. Like my grandparents who took action, went to the woods and helped your grunts push up that Italian boot. But you don't know anything about that mister do you?

Good night and good luck with that typical yank arogance ;-). Although it's probably noon down there. Bugger it.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/04/2012 5:17pm at .