Posted On:
    10/03/2012 7:34am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    1. Both kinds: Jameson and Bushmills.

2. Not Marijuana. Stuff I can grow and eat to maintain a sustainable, green lifestyle.

woodworking tools.
    leather working tools.
    a kiln
    hundreds of steel washers.
    cheese grater.
    The Beatles songbook.
    The Queen songbook.

Nails.
    Hammer.
    D-Cell Batteries
    AAA batteries
    butane.
    Hockey Masks.

American football shoulder pads.
    An MFP Pursuit Special, Last of the V8 Interceptors

a catamaran
    a postman's uniform
    The Stars'n'Stripes -- yes, sir, Old Glory.
    I figure between the two of us, we'll be able to rule everything from the Catoctins to the Bay.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 7:38am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Revolution sucks. I say this without ever watching an episode.

"Dies the Fire" was awesome.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 8:57am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 1:39pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I'm very much in favor of pretty high sort of standard for gun control (check mental state, person needs to have a safe storage and transport equipment, has to make a gun course,....) I was wandering if I should try something completely different in order not to feel so completely ridiculed amongst bullies...

I'm not that sure about god or gods, but if I see a Nazi or ANY sort of religious extremist --- by all means yes! Pass me a good gun with plenty of ammo please. I feel so intolerant today :-((((

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 2:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    I'm not that sure about god or gods, but if I see a Nazi or ANY sort of religious extremist --- by all means yes! Pass me a good gun with plenty of ammo please. I feel so intolerant today :-((((
    No gun for you. You just failed your own criteria.

Dip shits who insist on draconian restrictions, but then clammor for their own firepower at the first wiff of "dissagreement" are exactly the type of people who lack the self control, knowlege and comon sense to be trusted with one.

MOLON LABE, asshole.

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 2:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Link please!
    As you wish!

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...und-in-Kitchen

Post #2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Yum...probably better than most of what they served. A Chinese cook once told me how they prepared cat...and he was very explicit and even excited about it. Unlike fresh (or otherwise) road kill cat must be skinned, decapitated, gutted, spread out on a block and 'chopped' with a clever to break bones but not all the way through...then it is thrown into a large pot of boiling salt water for a couple of minutes...then another fresh boiling salt water bath and once more before being ready to cut up and prepare for real cooking.
    He told me that this got rid of the cat piss flavor you get otherwise.
    Way too expensive to be mistaken for chicken...and a 'special' specialty meal in better Chinese restaurants.
    Hmmmmm....must breakfast time!
    Diesel 88888888
    :pissin-chipmunk::smileyeatingchoc:

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw a TV show with a great recipe for rabbit skin glue

First soak your rabbit skins in urine for a few days to remove the hair

Then simmer dehaired skins in water for another few days

The result is a resin that can be stored dry and repeatedly melted for use

I'm guessing any skin will do, so no need to waste all that long-pig skin
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 2:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    No gun for you. You just failed your own criteria.

Dip shits who insist on draconian restrictions, but then clammor for their own firepower at the first wiff of "dissagreement" are exactly the type of people who lack the self control, knowlege and comon sense to be trusted with one.

MOLON LABE, asshole.
    It was more of a joke than anything else but thanks. I have no intentions to get one until war starts or something similar. I had enough fun with air powered pellet rifle and bow in my youth. Have a nice day.

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 2:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    It was more of a joke than anything else but thanks. I have no intentions to get one until war starts or something similar. I had enough fun with air powered pellet rifle and bow in my youth. Have a nice day.
    Sorry mang. Sarcasm gets a little lost in text sometimes.

There's two school of though on the "wait till war" breaks out thing.

One: When the shooting starts it's too late to go gun shopping. You are now at a disadvantage. (Though a savy sort with a rudimentary knowlege of chemistry and machining can even the playing field a little...)

Two: If there comes a time when you really NEED that rifle there will be plenty of them lying on the ground to choose from.

I'd say the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina is a good IRL example of those theories in practice. The sad truth is that once emergency responders were out of the picture society devolved into those who had weapons and those who were at the mercy of the weapon holders.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable with the idea of super sonic flying towards my face and no ability to throw some back in kind. It try to have at least a 12guage shotgun around for it's versatility and ecconomy. That's just me though. YYMV

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 3:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm thinking more about crossbow, if I ever feel the need. Silent, good for hunting and Walking dead totally convinced me. Plus you don't need any license here :-).
    Just that we understand each other. I respect all the views on for and against, but it's just in my nature to be a little cautious about issuing firearms. Cultural differences may be the trick.
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast