Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 7:32pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Don't be silly. That's one of the most usefull crops you can grow! Forgtet how important the bud is going to be when you've got no television. The stalks are excelent for pulp fiber products and fabric. The seeds are high in protein for food and oils for fuel / manufacturing. The leaves make for one "trancendentaly good" yogurt lasi. (Or can be used as bio mass for fuel production)

Even if you didn't smoke it, hemp would be one of the most useful comodities in SHTF!
    I was short-sighted. You are absolutely right. Hemp has many perfectly legitimate uses in a Post Apocalyptic scenario.

I am, however, going to continue being silly.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 8:26pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I disagree with your pick for Team Leader. Blondie double crossed the Baxters, he double crossed Tuco...he's not the sort of person I want to follow in a post apocolypse scenario.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 8:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I am, however, going to continue being silly.
    No law against that!

On the real though, a couple of stills wouldn't hurt either for producing alcohol and clean water.

Both will be pretty valuable, unless you've joined the zombie hordes, in that case all you'll need in your bug-out bag is BRAIIIINNNSS!!!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 8:57pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the real though, a couple of stills wouldn't hurt either for producing alcohol and clean water.
    Ayup. Locating food After the End isn't going to be nearly as much of a problem as clean, drinkable water. Plus alcohol can be used to sterilize wounds, aid in starting fires, and in some cases, run vehicles.

Speaking of disaster prep...is it creepy that I, my brother, and our five closest friends have made a pact that if we're in a disaster survival situation, the first one to drop dead of natural causes may be eaten by the others, with no hard feelings on anyone's part?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 9:30pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Speaking of disaster prep...is it creepy that I, my brother, and our five closest friends have made a pact that if we're in a disaster survival situation, the first one to drop dead of natural causes may be eaten by the others, with no hard feelings on anyone's part?
    I thought that was standard Mississippi protocol.

Here in Texas, we have pacts not to eat each other's cows or boots. Gas station taco stands are fair game for everyone though.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 9:55pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ayup. Locating food After the End isn't going to be nearly as much of a problem as clean, drinkable water. Plus alcohol can be used to sterilize wounds, aid in starting fires, and in some cases, run vehicles.

Of you, your brother and your five closest friends, who packs the most meat? I see Survivor (the crappy show) type **** on the horizon. Back stabbing should be such to prevent maiming the back straps.

Here, it's area pets are fair game. Have to say, I'm not much on cat.

We're a bit more civilized than our brothers in TX. Roadside tacos? Really? Having near died numerous times in China, I salute your stomach.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 10:06pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Of you, your brother and your five closest friends, who packs the most meat? I see Survivor (the crappy show) type **** on the horizon. Back stabbing should be such to prevent maiming the back straps.
    A. This was actually discussed, and the whole "guilt free cannibalism clause" is revoked if someone takes any actions to hasten said death by "natural causes".
    B. I like to think of it as my incentive to stay rangy and keep my muscles at the "beef jerky" stage of toughness.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 10:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post

Here, it's area pets are fair game. Have to say, I'm not much on cat.
    I hear if you par-boil it in three successive salt water baths before getting down with the frying it helps to get rid of the cat-piss flavor.

What? This discussion came up yesterday on another board I frequent...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 10:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What? This discussion came up yesterday on another board I frequent...
    Link please!

My neighbors have skunks living below their shop. I have a live trap, jaw traps and other dispatching methods, but no recipe.

edit....

Found this

Yummy
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 10/02/2012 10:49pm at . Reason: found good pictorial of cat stew

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 10:33pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A. This was actually discussed, and the whole "guilt free cannibalism clause" is revoked if someone takes any actions to hasten said death by "natural causes".
    B. I like to think of it as my incentive to stay rangy and keep my muscles at the "beef jerky" stage of toughness.
    (A) I'm smelling a variation of....

(B) Great minds think alike. See avatar <---- and add small amount of hair.
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast