Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 11:59am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bedbugs, MA Training, and Health

Recently it came up in discussion with my Instructor that I've been trying to deal with a bedbug infestation. On that day, he asked me to leave until he could do some research on the subject (which will be this thursday). I've done a lot of research myself, and all the evidence I've seen suggests that he has nothing to be worried about.

Does anyone have any experience with training and bedbugs? I know they're mostly non-contagious, and my clothes aren't infested, so I think things will be fine - just wondering if anyone has experience to the contrary.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 1:34pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bed bugs can and do infest clothing and luggage, IE gym bags. No offense but I would not want to roll with you knowing that you had bed bugs at home. More importantly I would not want your gym bag sitting around my gym.

http://www.bed-bugs.com/habitat/bed-bugs-in-clothing/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 5:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    None taken.

It also says that running your clothes through the dryer is enough to kill them. So if I were to run my stuff through my dryer before class, would that solve the problem?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 6:20pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two issues with that.

1. Are you running your gym bag through the dryer on high for 20 min?

2. I just don't fucking trust you. (I dryed my clothes right before I came over, I'm good, don't worry about it) You have bedbug issues and are trying to figure out ways to go train. That's just as bad as the mother fuckers that ask "If I cover up my staff infection with a bandage will I be okay to train?"

Bed bugs are a fucking bitch to get rid of and can be expensive as **** to deal with. Get your **** taken care of first then worry about training. I just think its not cool to risk passing that **** on to other people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 6:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. I don't have a bag, and if I did, I wouldn't be keeping it in the room the bugs are in. I've already relocated my clothes etc and repeatedly run them through the dryer.

2. Staph is WAY more contagious then bedbugs. In fact, all the other sources I'm seeing say not to worry about it. I do worry, though, so I'm taking steps to deal with the problem.
    Last edited by Goa Tse; 9/26/2012 7:02pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 7:01pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ?

What period of martial arts training is required before you're awarded a bag?

But yeah, what he said. Bed bugs are gross and spread like ****. Show some respect to the people at your gym and don't be a douche. Get those fuckers exterminated. Then go train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 7:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welp, then I guess i'm done till i've dealt with them.

P.S. Thrutch - Probably more than 2 months.
    Last edited by Goa Tse; 9/26/2012 7:48pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 8:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By which I mean the giving of a bag.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 4:20am

Style: Shorin Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what happens in the first two months? You just carry your gear round in your hands while all the senior students point and laugh? Harsh place to train man.

I've never been given a bag. Welp, I guess that means I must suck balls and ass. :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 1:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the people who even have a Bag don't get one from the school - they buy their own. Anyway I've evacuated the area, bagged the mattress and pillows with bedbug-proof covers and duct taped up all the little holes in the chair railing they were hiding in. So far that seems to be working pretty well, but I haven't had much time to observe yet.

Continuing to research into how to kill these fuckers on a budget. I'm just lucky I don't have a major infestation.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast