Thread: Hand grippers

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hand grippers

Hi guys,

So I just recently got into grip training and was browsing around a sports store for some grippers. To my surprise, there were little to be found except a pair from "body sculpture". Considering that it would be a while before I return to any store, I opted to buy them for around $10.

Here's an image of what they look like:

Do they offer any resistance? Yes they do, but that isn't the issue. The problem is the friction. Whenever I try to close the grippers the slightly rectangular handles pushes against my palm which causes some pain. I believe this is a result of from the edges.

I'm wondering whether this is a normal part of grip training and I should just push through it, or should I try to find some new ones?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are really interested in grip training these are good grippers

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/ope...nsofcrush.html

also you can find a lot of hand strengthening equipments & books in the website

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll probably consider purchasing them in the future. But for now I'll just deal with these by wrapping some cloth around them. When do you reckon I should for an upgrade?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're going for strength 5X5 should be enough

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbalt View Post
    I'm wondering whether this is a normal part of grip training and I should just push through it, or should I try to find some new ones?
    They look like they're designed for a certain style, rather than from a functional point of view. That sort of pain isn't a normal/natural part of grip training. I used to have a grip trainer called an "Eagle Catcher" - - and the rings always dug into my fingers. Couldn't make any strength progress because my fingers hurt too much.

As Whatever123 suggested, go to Ironmind and get a Captains of Crush gripper. I have a habit of breaking grippers (wear them out through overuse) but I cannot imagine I'll ever be able to do that with one of these babies.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you share some images? Actually, they are not working. Only icon with
    different colors are visible and nothing else.
    Is it a browser problem?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The handles look narrow but not particularly sharp; normally I'd recommend the Ironmind (or Heavy Grips if you're on a budget), but if the pressure from those ones is giving your hands trouble, I'm not sure there's any point using a more difficult set.

EDIT: Oh, and if the cloth isn't doing it for you, you could wrap 'em in a few layers of hockey tape to round them off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.