224769 Bullies, 3597 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 126
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,553

    Posted On:
    9/24/2012 6:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never been to Texas, but I'm a little prejudiced towards it based on 2 things:

    -anything that says "don't mess with Texas" is stupid and makes me want to mess with them. For those advertisers, its as if messing with Texans is the standard way that people interact with them, so they're proactively silencing them. That's crazy.

    -everyone that's defended Texas in an argument I've heard basically argues "but Austin is cool!" and then qualifies it by explaining how Austin is better than the rest of the state by explaining how its not like the rest of the state.

    On the other hand, its also the setting for King of the Hill, which is awesome. On the other other hand, I'm a Californian, so as far as being geographic stereotypes go, I'm opposed to them because I'm a satirical sativa smoking surfing socialist.
    Last edited by Permalost; 9/24/2012 6:42pm at .
  2. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,407

    Posted On:
    9/24/2012 10:03pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    +1 for the state of Texas.

    LOL at OP crying about a Texas shooting.

    What about Chicago?

    **** off and make my day.

    Last edited by hungryjoe; 9/24/2012 10:06pm at .
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,975

    Posted On:
    9/24/2012 11:01pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naszir View Post
    So the entirety of Texas sucks because one out of over 5300 sworn officers in an area with a population of over 2.1 million did something terrible? Was it reprehensible? Yes. A damning indictment on a state that has over 25 million people and encompasses over a quarter of a million square miles. 0.00000004% of the population are proven utter bastards. Thank you for pointing out our shame. Without your vigilance the other 24,000,999 of us would have gotten away with it. We appreciate you, you Jiminy Cricket from the Land of Lincoln!

    Now that you've put Norway and Texas on notice, atrocities are sure to end! Thanks for making the world a better place, one wag of the finger and internet post at a time!
    You don't post enough. Bnet is a troll. The minute someone calls shenanigans, he'll start crying about how it was a troll, why did you take him seriously and waaaaahhh boo hoooo waaaaaah.
  4. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,230

    Posted On:
    9/24/2012 11:06pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    everyone that's defended Texas in an argument I've heard basically argues "but Austin is cool!" and then qualifies it by explaining how Austin is better than the rest of the state by explaining how its not like the rest of the state.
    No can defend because I resemble that remark.
    Shut the hell up and train.
  5. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Posted On:
    9/24/2012 11:31pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    No can defend because I resemble that remark.
    I will defend Texas...gas station breakfast Tacos...nuff said
  6. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,108

    Posted On:
    9/25/2012 8:06am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    +1 for the state of Texas.

    LOL at OP crying about a Texas shooting.

    What about Chicago?

    **** off and make my day.

    Your argument about Chicago is moot, I complain about them all the time.

    Instead of "making your day" I think I'll have a seat.:
  7. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,659

    Posted On:
    9/25/2012 8:07am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I've never been to Texas, but I'm a little prejudiced towards it based on 2 things:

    -anything that says "don't mess with Texas" is stupid and makes me want to mess with them. For those advertisers, its as if messing with Texans is the standard way that people interact with them, so they're proactively silencing them. That's crazy.

    -everyone that's defended Texas in an argument I've heard basically argues "but Austin is cool!" and then qualifies it by explaining how Austin is better than the rest of the state by explaining how its not like the rest of the state.

    On the other hand, its also the setting for King of the Hill, which is awesome. On the other other hand, I'm a Californian, so as far as being geographic stereotypes go, I'm opposed to them because I'm a satirical sativa smoking surfing socialist.
    I've been to Texas a few times. Texas is a pretty fucking badass state. Austin is cool and different from the rest of the state, but the rest of the state is cool too. It's just cool in a different way than Austin is cool.

    In west Texas people pull over to let you pass if they're going slower than you. What's cooler than that? There's some awesome deer hunting and fishing in Texas. They like to execute the **** out of bad guys. They have no state income tax. They've got the Dallas Cowgirls and $60M highschool football stadiums.

    Why you hatin' on Texas?
  8. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,108

    Posted On:
    9/25/2012 8:15am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naszir View Post
    So the entirety of Texas sucks because one out of over 5300 sworn officers in an area with a population of over 2.1 million did something terrible? Was it reprehensible? Yes. A damning indictment on a state that has over 25 million people and encompasses over a quarter of a million square miles. 0.00000004% of the population are proven utter bastards. Thank you for pointing out our shame. Without your vigilance the other 24,000,999 of us would have gotten away with it. We appreciate you, you Jiminy Cricket from the Land of Lincoln!

    Now that you've put Norway and Texas on notice, atrocities are sure to end! Thanks for making the world a better place, one wag of the finger and internet post at a time!
    Now see this is a valid argument, however since the other 99.9999996% dress like this: I will stick by my original statement. Not to mention they still think they have a chance at winning a war that ended over a century ago.
  9. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Posted On:
    9/25/2012 8:21am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Now see this is a valid argument, however since the other 99.9999996% dress like this: I will stick by my original statement. Not to mention they still think they have a chance at winning a war that ended over a century ago.
    says guy from Illinois
  10. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,108

    Posted On:
    9/25/2012 8:26am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    says guy from Illinois
    I seek proof that he is in fact from Illinois. Besides find me the post where I said that Illinois didn't suck. I will say at least we don't try to outlaw science and education based on fear of angering winged cloud people.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.