Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:48pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally I would not want to live with one arm, one leg, and a cottage cheese brain.

So yeah I guess...Texas is great for that kind of care.

Move me into the Texas mental care system if that ever happens...where's my lawyer's number.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I know you're kidding but cops are trained to shoot places other than between someone's eyes, etc.

And it's not like his target was...you know...moving.

This whole story just has the feeling of someone (questionably) putting down a crippled old ox, so this story seems to have an ending somewhere between happy and unhappy.
    I'm not really kidding though. If you're going to shoot someone, the face is a good place to do it. Yeah, they're also trained to shoot center mass because it's harder to miss and you're likely to hit a vital organ. But headshots are always the shizzle if you can make it happen.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

Pop, pop, pop. Watch the cripples drop.
    Sounds like an awesome rap video. They could use in the next Mitt Romney political ad.

As for people asking why shoot the guy in the head?????

Everybody, I mean everybody knows that when a cyborg comes at you, you go for the head shot.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: none

Hell yeah! Hell no!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 1:59pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    All jews are stingy.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once watched an extremely angry yelling argument between two homeless guys, one of which was in a wheelchair. My friend and I stopped to watch it unfold. It got so heated that the wheelchair guy started rolling over to the other guy, who proceeded to stand on top of a picnic table and continue yelling, as the victor. The other guy was furious but impotent. He turned to us, cause we were laughing, but I felt safe because there was other tables there I could escape to.

Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I know you're kidding but cops are trained to shoot places other than between someone's eyes, etc.

And it's not like his target was...you know...moving.
    Its not like he could've dropped him with a shot to the femur.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 4:38pm

Style: KK

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/...essage_to_cops

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 5:20pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    After pissing off the entire nation of Norway, I decided to concentrate a little closer to home this time. Now normally Texas only mildly irritates me, mostly by producing some of the most mentally retarded candidates in existence. But this time Texas decided to separate itself from the heard by one upping police shootings.:

A Houston police officer fatally shot in the head a schizophrenic, wheelchair-bound double amputee threatening people with a pen at a group home for the mentally ill after authorities said the man advanced on the officer's partner, police said.
    The shooting occurred early Saturday morning after police responded to a call that resident Brian Claunch was acting aggressively after his caretaker refused to give him a cigarette and a soda, the owner of the home and police said.
    "The officers made verbal commands for the suspect to drop whatever he had in his hand, to stay still and to speak with the officers, but the suspect continued to make threats," Jodi Silva, a police spokeswoman, told CNN affiliate KTRK in Houston.
    Claunch, who lost an arm and a leg in a train accident, trapped one officer with his wheelchair in the corner of a room "where he couldn't get out," said a Houston police department spokesperson who declined to be identified. The double amputee was "advancing towards" the officers and "refusing to show his hands."
    According to police accounts reported in the media, including by KTRK, Claunch attempted to stab the officer with an object that turned out to be a pen.
    Officer Matt Marin, "in fear of the safety of his partner and the safety of himself, discharges his duty weapon, striking the suspect," Silva said.
    The unnamed Houston police spokesperson said later Sunday that Marin himself was not cornered, unlike his partner, when he shot the wheelchair-bound man in the head.
    According to investigators, Claunch was shot once and he died at the scene.
    It was the second time Marin was involved in a shooting. In October 2009, he shot and killed a knife-wielding man who stabbed his girlfriend and a neighbor, according to published reports at the time. Marin joined the Houston Police Department in 2007.
    In the wake of the weekend shooting, the officer was placed on administrative leave per department policy, according to police.
    Claunch, who was in his 40s, had been at the Healing Hands home for 18 months, John Garcia, the owner of the group home, told KRTK.
    Houston police have not released the identity of the man, though Garcia identified him as Claunch.
    Garcia told the Houston Chronicle that Claunch liked to "doodle."
    Two days earlier, Garcia gave Claunch a black felt pen to draw. Garcia told the newspaper he did not know if it was that pen or another one that Clauch had in his hand when he was shot.
    Garcia said Claunch suffered from schizophrenia and a bipolar disorder.
    "He had a temper. He could fly off once in awhile," he told CNN affiliate KHOU.
    Claunch was capable of making people in the house feel threatened during an outrage, even though he was confined to a wheelchair, Garcia said.
    "Emotionally disturbed individuals, when threatened, are going to react in most instances, excessively," Dr. Ed Reitman, a clinical psychologist, told KRTK.
    "This was an incident that didn't have to take place if the individual -- a police officer -- had been trained in dealing with emotionally disturbed individuals."
    The Houston Police Department has officers trained to deal with the mentally ill, though the department would not say whether Marin received training, according to KRTK.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-09-23/u...nt-john-garcia

So in Texas the way of dealing with a wheelchair bound amputee armed with an ink pen is a bullet to the head?? That's just fucked up.
    That's ok guy, we don't like you either.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 6:28pm

Style: lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will have to disagree about the pen though, especially when wielded by a one armed one legged wheelchair bound gimp. Any cop who can't handle that type of "assault"'without emptying the suspects brains all over the floor needs to rethink wether they are in the right profession.
    Yes I'm sure that ink pen was real fucking deadly.
    According to police accounts reported in the media, including by KTRK, Claunch attempted to stab the officer with an object that turned out to be a pen.
    They couldn't tell beforehand that it was a pen. And even if it was, I wouldn't let somebody, crippled or not, go at my bro with a pen either.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 6:33pm

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the entirety of Texas sucks because one out of over 5300 sworn officers in an area with a population of over 2.1 million did something terrible? Was it reprehensible? Yes. A damning indictment on a state that has over 25 million people and encompasses over a quarter of a million square miles. 0.00000004% of the population are proven utter bastards. Thank you for pointing out our shame. Without your vigilance the other 24,000,999 of us would have gotten away with it. We appreciate you, you Jiminy Cricket from the Land of Lincoln!

Now that you've put Norway and Texas on notice, atrocities are sure to end! Thanks for making the world a better place, one wag of the finger and internet post at a time!
    Last edited by Naszir; 9/24/2012 6:34pm at . Reason: typed slower than i thought
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast