Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Police officers should be braver and calmer than your average guy facing danger. They emphasized the fact the guy was a double amputee because he has half his body, that gota make it easy to fight him with less than lethal force. I mean, you know with which hand he is going to attack...circle to the other direction..or flip him off the wheelchair. You basically say we can't judge him base on those facts because we weren't there, well, the judge presiding his case wasn't there too. I actually saw two policemen arrest a violent schizophrenic man inside his parents house (neighbors) after he demolished the house and beat the **** out of his elderly dad and younger brothers. He was scary as **** and those two brave guys just went into his room (while i stood in the living room all scared and **** to do anything thanking god the police came quick). They didn't draw their weapons when i told them the guy is crazy and off his meds, just wrestled with him and cuffed him. They downplayed the danger because, well, it was only half dangerous.
    Bahahahahahahahahahaha. Ah man. Cops and soldiers are only human, dude. Fear is in everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Yes actually I already had it copied ready to paste.
    Well, at least you're honest about it lol.

I will have to disagree about the pen though, especially when wielded by a one armed one legged wheelchair bound gimp. Any cop who can't handle that type of "assault"'without emptying the suspects brains all over the floor needs to rethink wether they are in the right profession.
    How many arms do you need to hold a pen in one hand?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 11:41am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Let's look at this a different way. Are you concerned that what the cop did was illegal, or do you accept the fact that it could have been legal, but was still wrong because it was mean?

This is the logic I see employed frequently in shooting situations. Many people can accept the circumstances of a shooting from a logical standpoint, but get really bent out of shape because they think the shooter is supposed to give a **** and they don't.

I look at things differently. Why should anyone have remorse for shooting someone if their actions were legal? If the legless pen stabber attacked the cop, then the cop was within his legal right to defend himself. It's not his job to give a **** about whether he comes off as a meanie.

Pop, pop, pop. Watch the cripples drop.
    I wonder if you would think the same if it was a kid or a woman, or god forbid a dog. I do expect police to be humane and kind. There are values that policemen should hold dear, like the sanctity of life. The fact that the policeman probably did this man and his surrounding a favor is beyond the point. If you claimed it was a just shooting out of mercy..well, i would give you a "thumbs up". That was not a life threatening situation and the force used was excessive. This policeman already has 2 killings in a few years, that isn't common.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:03pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I wonder if you would think the same if it was a kid or a woman, or god forbid a dog. I do expect police to be humane and kind. There are values that policemen should hold dear, like the sanctity of life. The fact that the policeman probably did this man and his surrounding a favor is beyond the point. If you claimed it was a just shooting out of mercy..well, i would give you a "thumbs up". That was not a life threatening situation and the force used was excessive. This policeman already has 2 killings in a few years, that isn't common.
    A policeman with two killings in two years isn't common only because most policemen usually don't shoot when they're justified to do so. I think they should shoot.

As far as the what if it was a kid, woman, dog argument - that's an emotionally charged question, not a logical question. If a dog tried to stab a cop, I think the cop should definitely shoot him. That would be a scary fucking dog. If we want to be emotional, let's do it like this...What would I want my son to do if he was a cop and some asshole tried to stab him. Considering there's a good chance he could be blinded or worse, I'd want him to kill the guy.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are forgetting the twist of this story though, the cop that shot was not the cop in danger. He perceived a threat to the second cop and fired. It changes the dynamic some what from self defense to protection of another officer. If this is in fact this officer's third fatal shooting, it does have the effect of showing a trend. But without knowing the circumstances of his other shootings I only have this story to go on. Also if the second cop was in life threatening danger then why didn't he shoot??

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:21pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    You are forgetting the twist of this story though, the cop that shot was not the cop in danger. He perceived a threat to the second cop and fired. It changes the dynamic some what from self defense to protection of another officer. If this is in fact this officer's third fatal shooting, it does have the effect of showing a trend. But without knowing the circumstances of his other shootings I only have this story to go on. Also if the second cop was in life threatening danger then why didn't he shoot??
    An officer is justified to shoot to protect another officer if that officer is justified to shoot to defend himself. The same is true for civilians in most states. The fact that the other officer didn't shoot is irrelevant.

Yes, it does show a trend. The trend would seem to indicate that fucking with this particular cop will ruin your day. Doesn't make him out of line. It just means he's willing to exert his right to defend himself. That should be commended, IMO.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:28pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If this cop was so pro, why an execution style headshot against a man with one arm and one leg?

Why shoot to kill (a hospital patient)?

I'll tell you why.

He's Texan and they have been "putting down" the mentally handicapped for quite some time.

They are supposed to do things the Friendly Way, not the Javier-Bardem-hole-through-the-forehead assassin way.

Don't blame Texas, blame (yet another) poorly trained, hot-headed, common-sense lacking LEF officer.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/24/2012 12:33pm at .

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:39pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    If this cop was so pro, why an execution style headshot against a man with one arm and one leg?

Why shoot to kill (a hospital patient)?

I'll tell you why.

He's Texan and they have been "putting down" the mentally handicapped for quite some time.

They are supposed to do things the Friendly Way, not the Javier-Bardem-hole-through-the-forehead assassin way.

Don't blame Texas, blame (yet another) poorly trained, hot-headed, common-sense lacking LEF officer.

Why would you shoot someone anywhere else? That's like asking why I had steak for dinner when Spam was available.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An officer is justified to shoot to protect another officer if that officer is justified to shoot to defend himself. The same is true for civilians in most states. The fact that the other officer didn't shoot is irrelevant.

Yes, it does show a trend. The trend would seem to indicate that fucking with this particular cop will ruin your day. Doesn't make him out of line. It just means he's willing to exert his right to defend himself. That should be commended, IMO.
    Justified only if it is considered to be a reasonable response to the threat. It is relevant that the other officer didn't shoot, as it may show that he was not in fear for his life.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:44pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would you shoot someone anywhere else? That's like asking why I had steak for dinner when Spam was available.
    I know you're kidding but cops are trained to shoot places other than between someone's eyes, etc.

And it's not like his target was...you know...moving.

This whole story just has the feeling of someone (questionably) putting down a crippled old ox, so this story seems to have an ending somewhere between happy and unhappy.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/24/2012 12:48pm at .

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 12:46pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Texas, there is a reason they don't want evolution taught in their schools, because then they would have to admit that they in fact have not evolved.

Just another day at the museum of history in Texas.:
    Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 9/24/2012 12:53pm at .
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast