Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2012 8:02am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigato View Post
    hmmm, I hadn't really noticed the reverse grip. I'll try it again next week. But it still seems like the knee put there is your weakness. You tell about positional dominance, but when you sprawl over the guy, if you put your knee there, you are in fact loosing position. The loop choke is very effective if you have a good grip, even against opponents twice your size. About your position, if the guy doesn't try to turn over and walk to your side instead, how do you keep your hold?
    I suggest you to give it a try first. For sure, fast moves are often moves that you focus on the result more than the position itself. But for this particular move, you can still end up with a good position in case it fails.

I am not sure what you mean by walking to your side, do you mean he dives into you?

Also, please keep in mind that I am definitely not comparing this move to any other and I have no claims of superiority etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2012 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll try it again with the reverse grip and report back. But what do you mean by fast move?
    By walk to your side I don't mean diving in into your guard, I mean putting pressure in his shoulder against your shin and moving to pass your guard, towards the same side of the leg that you put forward. I understand that there's a lot of pressure, but unless the guy is almost passing out, there's time for that. It's the weight of the whole body of the guy and it's hard to stop it with your elbow only.

Posted On:
    10/06/2012 11:28am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As no one has given this technique a name does that mean you have invented a new choke NY?
    If so thats pretty cool.

It's got to be worth a tag?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2012 8:43am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry for late feedback guys

@bigato:
    Bro, it's not that easy really. You will be holding his opposite arm, and the choke pressure is really heavy. If he tries what you tell me, it will help you further.
    The problems will occur if you cannot keep him down and he moves freely, or you cannot get a grip to begin with.
    If he is moving so freely against your body or shin etc. it means you couldn't catch him to start with.

@doofaloofa:
    Hehe, until now I couldn't hear anyone saying they had the same choke before.

so it seems like a new invention. Hope it becomes useful for other people around the world.

But a tag, I'm sure guys like Aesopian, Omega etc. must have found countless things themselves so it's probably not worth a tag imho.

Still, thank you for your appreciation : ))

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 7:43pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 7:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted the counter above to show what I see as a big trouble with the suggested choke. I did not get any answer, so either it was so badly explained that nobody understood it, or nobody cares. Also, no answer from the OP. I tried to post my clip as a video response in youtube, but I don't know if the OP must approve it, because it doesn't show up there.

When a fully applied position can be so easily countered like that, it seems it's not a good position to start with. Or am I missing something?

Also, I still didn't understand what you mean by "fast" position.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2012 3:06am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To answer your question Bigato, instead of putting the middle of your shin across his neck you try and get as close to the foot as possible which should produce more than adequate leverage to finish this variation.

I have to admit I put the gi on my girlfriend so I could see if this works after watching your video, so I might have missed some details. I will try this live on Tuesday and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2012 7:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It will end up the same, as you can sweep the guy even when you use the lower part of the shin. If you take your foot from the ground it will get even worse, because you won't be able to press the opponent down and he just needs to raise his head to get out from the choke.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2012 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I played with it today again and I was still able to finish. It looked more like a bow and arrow choke with me on his back. He was pulling hard for the single and it still didnt matter
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2012 6:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast