Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/21/2012 10:30pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Any way to pull the words at 3:21 other than copy screen?
    It's dedicated to the (now defunct) Stolen Valor law.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 1:42am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny and sad at the same time. There are and will always be PX heroes, which for the most part is normally a newer soldier trying to impress friends and family with a few medals while home on leave, that a few pushups and extra duty would take care of. It's the duxbags that actually claim heroism and medals that didn't happen for monetary gain or fame that piss me off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 2:13am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a dude who was a pog ass E-2 in the army walk around here claiming he was "an E-10"
    and that he was "in delta force back when he was a marine"

yeah the real vets didn't like him much

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 3:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Israfel View Post
    I had a dude who was a pog ass E-2 in the army walk around here claiming he was "an E-10"
    and that he was "in delta force back when he was a marine"

yeah the real vets didn't like him much
    I bet. I use to like all the combat patches after AIT. We didn't have velcro patches back then :-)

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 4:03am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha I liked the clip, it was sorta funny.
    I guess it's the best (legal)reaction to douchebags like that, I mean, a spectacular asswhooping would work better.

I've met people like this, there's one guy I know over here who always claims to be a commando with loltastic claims of black ops in egypt and what not.
    Then I got sick of him and offered him to test his superl33t command0 skillz on me.
    He avoids me ever since.

A second person i met was american, she always had these 'stories' about the army.
    So I asked her what her function was in the us army.
    she says: you know, army soldier.

faceplam.

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 4:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvis View Post
    I bet. I use to like all the combat patches after AIT. We didn't have velcro patches back then :-)
    This is a problem, if you're not military yourself it can be easy to fall for their bullshit.
    If I'd see a guy in an american uniform he can tell me anything and I wouldnt know, simply because i have no idea how/what the different signes/logos and what not mean.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 5:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    This is a problem, if you're not military yourself it can be easy to fall for their bullshit.
    If I'd see a guy in an american uniform he can tell me anything and I wouldnt know, simply because i have no idea how/what the different signes/logos and what not mean.
    Absolutely. That's the shame of it. You never know. Good indication of a fake is someone who brags about their adventures all the time. I know many people who actually "did stuff" and they don't really talk about it much. I get the occasional person who starts talking to get stuff off their chest, but that's a totally different thing. Working on a base though, you don't see anyone walking around like that cool dude in the video.

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 7:35am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvis View Post
    Absolutely. That's the shame of it. You never know. Good indication of a fake is someone who brags about their adventures all the time. I know many people who actually "did stuff" and they don't really talk about it much. I get the occasional person who starts talking to get stuff off their chest, but that's a totally different thing. Working on a base though, you don't see anyone walking around like that cool dude in the video.
    allrighty, i tell you in a nutshell about the guy i know.
    I know this dick from way back and not even that well.
    years ago I bumped into him downtown.
    So we sorta catch up, which was weird cos I didnt know him that well, but he was really friendly and ****, ok fine.
    'So yeah im with the commando's right now and etc. just came back from afghanistan.'

Note: this guy was wearing an uniform.
    So eventually this psycho figured out the local bar id go to during weekends and he sudenly showed up there aswell, he even had commando tats as in the regimental weapon/heraldic symbols.
    Then the bs meter rang: his stories became more eratic, at first it was only afghanistan, then it was black ops in egypt, macedonia and even chechnya, well, im not an army guy, but im not retarded either.

So at a certain point I asked him: i have two friends who were in the commandocorps and they never talk about it as much as you do, n fact they never mention it, come to think of it.
    are you aware Im from an armyfamily and i can easily have you checked out? (bluff, i had no intention of actually doing so)

'yeah but you wont find anything, cos im in black ops'

I told him to not bother me ever again with his crap because id get less polite with him.

He didnt say or do **** eventhough he was almost twice my size. (gym/ironpumping)

Then months later i found out this sicko goes through town in his fake-ass uniform and trying to pick up girls with his gung ho bs stories, and on top of that he was stalking the 18yo daughter of a friend of mine (single mom) we had a nasty little talk whereafter he decided not to drop by in my neck of the woods all together let alone bother my friends.

Not really commandostylie is it?

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 9:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's amazing how much free time some people have (and waste).

EDIT: This is in reply to Lebell's story, not the video.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 9/22/2012 9:17am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2012 9:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    It's amazing how much free time some people have (and waste).

EDIT: This is in reply to Lebell's story, not the video.
    True. Doesn't take much though. Ebay, surplus store, a few internet stories, and bingo: You're a hero!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast