Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dropping weight

I'm trying to drop a good deal of weight over the next 2 or 3 months so I can fight at a comfortable weight around December. Before I had any kind of time frame to work with I was already not eating after 7 pm as a general rule. Is this a good idea? One of my weightlifting friends was saying I should eat some boiled eggs after I ran last night but it was already too late. Is it alright to eat lean before bed or would that hinder my weight loss?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 11:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your total calorie intake is the main thing you need to worry about. All this other **** about the precise timing and composition that people will tell you is of, at best, marginal importance by comparison.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 11:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To kind of echo PSB
    You are far better off worrying about what your eating then when your eating it.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 12:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP - what is a good deal of weight?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 12:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PSB and Goodlun, I have been watching what I eat as good as I can.

Breakfast: 2 egg and sausage biscuit (I drain the fat in a paper towel) and tall glass of milk.

Midday: fruit and nut trail mix or a 15g protein bar

Lunch: ham or turkey sandwich and container of greek yogurt

Dinner: varies too much but usually healthy

Devil, the big goal is 33 lbs.
    Start a training log!

i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 12:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    PSB and Goodlun, I have been watching what I eat as good as I can.

Breakfast: 2 egg and sausage biscuit (I drain the fat in a paper towel) and tall glass of milk.

Midday: fruit and nut trail mix or a 15g protein bar

Lunch: ham or turkey sandwich and container of greek yogurt

Dinner: varies too much but usually healthy

Devil, the big goal is 33 lbs.
    30 pounds over three months is doable, assuming you're a normal sized adult. Although possible, that's too much weight to lose in a healthy manner in two months though, IMO.

Keep your calories fairly low. No calories from beverages. Lots of baked chicken breasts and fresh veggies. Burn a lot of calories through exercise. Lots of cardio. You can get there in three months.

By the way, sausage biscuits are not weight loss food. lol.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 1:01pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beginning of December is a bit over 11 weeks away, that's nearly 3 lbs/week loss which is not really doable as Devil says, despite the TV ads

End of December would be close to 16 weeks, a bit over 2 lbs/week which is more sane but still not easy by any stretch. Keeping up a 2 lb/week loss over 3+ months is an exercise in discipline for most for sure.

You need to stop guessing at how much you are eating and start counting calories to have any hope of success. I've used myfitnesspal which is available as a smartphone app and also as a web app, works very well.

You need to be burning about 1000 calories more per day than you're eating to get to your goal by New Years. To put that in perspective, that's about 4 standard donuts or an 8 mile run (depending on your age/weight etc), you pick.
    Last edited by NeilG; 9/19/2012 1:05pm at .

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 1:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some pretty straightforward stuff here:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/losing-we...ng-6-pack-abs/

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 1:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Beginning of December is a bit over 11 weeks away, that's nearly 3 lbs/week loss which is not really doable as Devil says, despite the TV ads

End of December would be close to 16 weeks, a bit over 2 lbs/week which is more sane but still not easy by any stretch. Keeping up a 2 lb/week loss over 3+ months is an exercise in discipline for most for sure.

You need to stop guessing at how much you are eating and start counting calories to have any hope of success. I've used myfitnesspal which is available as a smartphone app and also as a web app, works very well.

You need to be burning about 1000 calories more per day than you're eating to get to your goal by New Years. To put that in perspective, that's about 4 standard donuts or an 8 mile run (depending on your age/weight etc), you pick.
    3 pounds a week is doable. Been there, done that. Not even that hard if you have some discipline and aren't a big puss.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 2:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Keep your calories fairly low. No calories from beverages. Lots of baked chicken breasts and fresh veggies. Burn a lot of calories through exercise. Lots of cardio. You can get there in three months.
    I drink milk and water, typically milk is just for breakfast. I usually drink a Powerade after a hard workout.

By the way, sausage biscuits are not weight loss food. lol.
    This one is hard for me. For some reason my gag reflex has it's monthly every morning and I have to compromise with it. It seems to be getting a little better since I have been exercising more, but that early in the morning I'm likely to puke if I don't eat some pleasing to my palate and still then it can be hard to keep down. I usually wait til later in the morning to eat breakfast on my days off when I can be afforded that luxury.

I have been losing about 2 or 3 pounds a week over the last month and one week. Went from 253 to 238. I hava disciprine! But seriously, I want this this so I can fight and even more important to be a good example for my kid.
    Start a training log!

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast