230833 Bullies, 4545 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 81 to 90 of 110
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Holy Moment is online now
    Holy Moment's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,333

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 3:48pm

    supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the writing talent has left the movies. Or, the industry is running zscared and trying to bring the money making films.
    RedLetterMedia had a pretty good bit about this. The theory is that movies have so much competition from other forms of entertainment today that film companies have to bank on name recognition a lot more than they did in the past. The further back you go, the more likely it is you'll recognize a title. There was just so much less other **** you could do to occupy your time (Video games, Chatroulette, sofftcore Youtube porn, Jersey Shore, etc).
  2. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,645

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 4:26pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    The further back you go, the more likely it is you'll recognize a title. There was just so much less other **** you could do to occupy your time (Video games, Chatroulette, sofftcore Youtube porn, Jersey Shore, etc).
    Also, each year there's more and more ideas that have already been done. A movie about a cop who was killed but brought back to life as a cyborg cop in a dystopian corporate wasteland, for example.

    My prediction is that this movie reboot extravaganza will slow the hell down in a few years. First of all, people will get sick of it so remakes won't be the safe moneymaking investment that they seem to be now. Secondly, it seems like the time frame that they're drawing from is getting closer and closer. Instead of remaking Nosferatu, they're already up to remaking 80s movies like Robocop and Total Recall etc. I predict in 2014, there will be a reboot of The Abyss, which will make people go "huh, that was pretty much the same thing as the 80s one". Once Hollywood limps to the gates with the reboot of Event Horizon, which can't really be made grittier or more visually impressive, people will decide "**** this trend".
  3. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,693

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 4:29pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I worked in develoment for Disney Animation we ran into this a lot. Original and one off concepts would constantly be shot down in the pre production phase while re-makes, re-imaginings or adaptations would get greenlit.

    The economy was the major deciding factor. With the entertainment wing of the corporation hemoraging money left and right they big wigs would not risk their invetment dollars on properties witout name recognition.

    The irony is that they ultimatley wasted hundreds of millions on projects that held no interest for the public and bombed at the box office. (That is if they were even completed in the first place. Lots of annimation properties get shut down half way through production)

    Lets just say I've seen some brilliant films NOT being made so that mind boggeling amounts of money could be diverted to the blandest, most unoriginal pablum on the company's to do list.
  4. danno is offline
    danno's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,155

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 7:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    When I worked in develoment for Disney Animation we ran into this a lot. Original and one off concepts would constantly be shot down in the pre production phase while re-makes, re-imaginings or adaptations would get greenlit.

    The economy was the major deciding factor. With the entertainment wing of the corporation hemoraging money left and right they big wigs would not risk their invetment dollars on properties witout name recognition.

    The irony is that they ultimatley wasted hundreds of millions on projects that held no interest for the public and bombed at the box office. (That is if they were even completed in the first place. Lots of annimation properties get shut down half way through production)

    Lets just say I've seen some brilliant films NOT being made so that mind boggeling amounts of money could be diverted to the blandest, most unoriginal pablum on the company's to do list.
    I knew this would be the case but it still makes me :fffuuu:
  5. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,460

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 7:51pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too be honest with there are quite a few things I would love to see rebooted or re-imaged or what the hell ever.
    Alot of 80s/90s stuff was pretty awesome but has way too much Camp in it for my taste.
    I would love to see quite a bit of them retold minus the camp.
  6. LesbianSeagal is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    108

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 9:04pm


     Style: Freestyle scientific

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Unrealistic expectation of what a women should look like?
    Cause if that is "chubby" I would HATE to see skinny
    It's only unrealistic if you can't afford better LOL
  7. LesbianSeagal is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    108

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 9:09pm


     Style: Freestyle scientific

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoUP View Post
    liberals have been in charge of Detroit for decades. It's all part of their plan.
    Detroit is actually a lot WORSE than it was when the original Robocop was made, with mayor Kwame Kilpatrick being tried AGAIN for crimes after stealing $8 million, and the current mayor narrowly avoiding the city being taken over by the state.
    I didn't even drive to the city hall in daylight without a giant killer dog visible in the back.
  8. LesbianSeagal is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    108

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 9:20pm


     Style: Freestyle scientific

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    When I worked in develoment for Disney Animation we ran into this a lot. Original and one off concepts would constantly be shot down in the pre production phase while re-makes, re-imaginings or adaptations would get greenlit.
    You left out SEQUELS.
    With the take-off of home theater in the 80's, original-concept movies became a bigger risk; so they began looking for tried-and-true concepts to duplicate. That's partly where we got the "DTV" or "Direct to Video" market of the type of films which would have original shown in theaters.
    With home-theater resulting in people buying things only once (as opposed to paying to see a movie more than once because it's SO good), then the formula became about quantity vs. quality, to sell more cheap crappy videos than expensive high-quality ones if people only buy it once either way.

    This was covered in the movie "The Player," where Tim Robbins plays a film-producer who kills a creative movie-advocate and covers it up, and then he destroys an intense movie by throwing in popular actors and slapping on a cheap happy ending; the plot also covers the introduction of formulaic, focus-group tested corporate films which are all about profits vs. quality and creativity.
  9. LesbianSeagal is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    108

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 9:25pm


     Style: Freestyle scientific

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Too be honest with there are quite a few things I would love to see rebooted or re-imaged or what the hell ever.
    Alot of 80s/90s stuff was pretty awesome but has way too much Camp in it for my taste.
    I would love to see quite a bit of them retold minus the camp.
    You have to realize that the target-audience for these films is generally the under-18 crowd, since they're the main audience for movie-tickets and DVD's.
    So you won't see much intelligent content in it.
    In fact as I write this I'm uploading a movie of a classic book, that I had to edit myself in order to remove all the cheese which was injected into it by camp-film producers like a Hungry Howie's pizza-crust.
  10. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,483

    Posted On:
    9/20/2012 10:25pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey professor.

    Could you kindly learn to make a single post with multiple quotes, as opposed to your **** posting multiple times?

    Thanks.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.