Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/21/2012 2:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I honestly don't recommend the other sleep cycles beyond Biphasic (90-minute nap) which is what I pretty much do most of the time. It does suck when I miss the 90-minute nap right before work (I work in the evening).
    It is amazing though that the extreme ones really do work if your really diligent about getting your naps in on time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2012 4:34am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Yeah I honestly don't recommend the other sleep cycles beyond Biphasic (90-minute nap) which is what I pretty much do most of the time. It does suck when I miss the 90-minute nap right before work (I work in the evening).
    It is amazing though that the extreme ones really do work if your really diligent about getting your naps in on time.
    What about power nap?

Have you ever tried it?

Posted On:
    9/21/2012 12:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have tried it but with my Restless Leg Syndrome going into a deep sleep for only 20 mins is hard I do know a lot of people who work graveyards that have been successful with it.
    At any rate its worth giving it a shot give it about 2 weeks for your body to adjust to see if your getting the results you want.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2012 8:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I have tried it but with my Restless Leg Syndrome going into a deep sleep for only 20 mins is hard I do know a lot of people who work graveyards that have been successful with it.
    At any rate its worth giving it a shot give it about 2 weeks for your body to adjust to see if your getting the results you want.
    thanks, will do that after i start.

also, will give feedback about how it worked out

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 10:07pm

Style: Aiki, I-Chuan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hiro,

I have had insomnia for 25 yrs and my training has suffered immensely for it. But you saying if one cup of coffee and OJ isnt enough dont train....I didnt! Dude, you are just throwing too much reality and common sense out. I think if I wanted reality I wouldnt spend 4 hours a day watching Steven Seagal movies. Lets get real,ok? Actually I wish I heard your comment 20 yrs ago. Good post!

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 5:49am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My sleep schedule looks something like-
    Mon- 3 hrs, Tues- 4 hrs, Wed- 2 hrs, Thur- 6hrs, Fri- 4 hrs, Sat- 6 hrs, Sun- 4.5 hrs.

Definetely not because I'm an insomniac- *I fucking love sleep*, but due to my work (paramedic), being a single father, making time to train, full-time student blahblah.

I manage it succesfully and am able to function sort of and make time to train one way or another almost every day- by taking supplements for sleep and recovery (noxitropin), massive amounts of caffeine (that will soon explode my heart), and alcohol (because I am scottish and you need to come down from all that caffeine somehow and being constantly sleep-deprived will quickly lower your inhibitions regarding healthy life decisions), but it sucks dude and nothing that will be healthy for you will be the answer, except sleeping.

Don't be me. Save yourself. Sleep.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I promised for feedback I know, but I changed my mind about the new job so I won't go through with it.

However, I still somehow want to "sleep less". I may want to change my usual sleep cycle into biphasic.
    I feel like, since we're all gonna die one day, why not try to get some more time out of the bed "if it's possible in a healthy way"

What do you think about this?

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 3:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    Well, I promised for feedback I know, but I changed my mind about the new job so I won't go through with it.

However, I still somehow want to "sleep less". I may want to change my usual sleep cycle into biphasic.
    I feel like, since we're all gonna die one day, why not try to get some more time out of the bed "if it's possible in a healthy way"

What do you think about this?
    I think if you can get yourself into a good biphasic sleep pattern and keep to it you will have both more energy and more time. Its really comes down to if it works well for you. If you are someone that can fall asleep easily it seem to work really well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 3:17pm

Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me Juicing and Smoothies are a great way to get that pick up when sleep deprived. Acai Berry is amazing and you can almost feel it working right away. Green Tea work wonders, and not just 1 cup, Im talking a whole pot of the stuff.

Also Yoga is a great way to get maximum recovery in a short amount of time, Physically and mentally. 10-15 minutes in half tortoise pose with a focus on breathing in as good as 2-3 hours of sleep.

Although none of these are a true replacement for actual sleep
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12