Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 7:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe it took several posts for somebody to tell you to stop being a motherfucking bitch. Rurik,the **** is wrong with you? At some point many motherfuckers who are successful in their Martial Arts have thought "Why the **** am I doing this. This **** is hard.". And that is not exclusive to striking. If motherfuckers who are better than you thrown you all over the place then make you their bitch on the ground, will you also say "I'm not meant to be a grappler"?

Perhaps you right, son. Perhaps you're not meant to be a striker. Perhaps you're only meant to be a bitch.

To reiterate, stop being a motherfucking ***** and go back into the gym.

The **** is wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 8:02am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    I can't believe it took several posts for somebody to tell you to stop being a motherfucking bitch. Rurik,the **** is wrong with you? At some point many motherfuckers who are successful in their Martial Arts have thought "Why the **** am I doing this. This **** is hard.". And that is not exclusive to striking. If motherfuckers who are better than you thrown you all over the place then make you their bitch on the ground, will you also say "I'm not meant to be a grappler"?

Perhaps you right, son. Perhaps you're not meant to be a striker. Perhaps you're only meant to be a bitch.

To reiterate, stop being a motherfucking ***** and go back into the gym.

The **** is wrong with you?
    I hear what you're saying, and I think this may serve as a lesson to Rurik: Just because you find grappling easy, doesn't mean that stand up is going to come easy. This works vice versa as well. I think that when a person finds their weakness it is just too easy to not want to pursue what's hard. I have to say though that The Question makes it more colorful an answer! Drive on dude!

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 8:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvis View Post
    I hear what you're saying, and I think this may serve as a lesson to Rurik: Just because you find grappling easy, doesn't mean that stand up is going to come easy. This works vice versa as well. I think that when a person finds their weakness it is just too easy to not want to pursue what's hard. I have to say though that The Question makes it more colorful an answer! Drive on dude!
    Grappling will always be easier to learn and practice than striking. Because in grappling motherfuckers don't routinely punch you in the face and kick your legs out from under you. **** is hard. Grappling is easy.

I've noticed this myself in my sub par training. I tend to like to grapple with motherfuckers, especially those who are taller than me because going in close - striking range feels dangerous. Close - grappling range is not dangerous, because they can't hit me and ****. But **** that, I'm better technically as a striker than a grappler, far better. I out grapple motherfuckers here because the talent pool is dry. Having a blue belt would make you a jedi.

The solution is to train man up and bang with motherfuckers, because that's where it's at. Get that training in, get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 9:20am

Style: Goju Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i thought rurik here was gonna post a video of him muay thai fighting

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 10:02am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    I thought you were gonna post a video of you keysi fighting...
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 10:05am

Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont listen to all those gender facists Rurik

If you want a vagina then I totally support your right to have a vagina

Most young men would like a vagina at one time or another, although most of us do opt for an external one

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 10:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rurik, there are times to go "big-picture" on things, and there are other times when you look at specifics instead. What you describe seems to be one of the latter.

Instead of making Big Decisions based on short-lived experiences such as these sparring encounters of yours, go into technical specifics on why you got tagged with this or that. Ask your trainers about what counters best suit those situations and then drill those.

In other words, use those punches-in-the-face as lessons en route to getting better at striking, not as an excuse to give up on it. Give it time. You haven't given it nearly enough yet, not by a long shot.

If you make a general conclusion from just a few short sessions, and conclude that it's time to stop instead of improve, you may be establishing a "give-up" habit for yourself. Those can grow and spread to other areas of your life, and you may end up regretting a great many hastily-made Big Decisions and consequent missed opportunities.

Of course, if you're not enjoying the striking, and you have no practical reason (such as part-of-the-job) to continue it, then all the above is best deleted.

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 10:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post

It went something like this:

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 10:40am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Sir yes sir!
    I was just thinking that maybe Judo would be more fun
    As a shodan in Judo let me tell you something. It's not easier, but go for it.

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 11:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol at the thought that Grappling is going to be easier or less painful.
    I mean do give it a try if you do enjoy it more you may as well do it.
    However I suspect we will see a similar post about grappling in one year as well when you figure out that your not some phoneme.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast