Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 4:35pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Striking is scary and its easy to get discouraged. If you wanna quit that is totally fine. But just remember the reason you are in the gym in the first place is to become a better striker. Of course you're gonna **** up and get hit a lot, there'd be no point in training otherwise.

Good luck!

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 4:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    I have over a year of Kyokushin and a few weeks of muay thai I also crapple with a couple of friends who do BJJ and they taught me a cuople of submissions
    That's why people have coaches. Noobs don't know ****, but they all think their year of training makes them experts. Talk to your coaches or instructors, STFU, listen to what they say and work on your problems.

Yes, you are still a beginner and can't make an objective call on your own striking ability. Your entire posts screams "I won, but I lost." No, you are training or testing your abilities, competition is for winning and losing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 4:46pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone has given some really good advice. You sound like you just need learning and practice. Don't try get into for real yet and don't fight like Rocky with your hands down! Keep 'em up! The more you practice the more instinctual it will become. I've only had 2 BJJ classes and since grappling is totally new for me, I already get that I have to have the patience to allow the training to program my mind-body connection. It takes time. Since I'm also uncoordinated, it's going to take longer. No problem. Learn at your own pace. Hope this helps. Have fun.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 5:44pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Today I did a sparring meetup with a couple of friends (boxers and thai boxers)

I have over a year of Kyokushin and a few weeks of muay thai I also crapple with a couple of friends who do BJJ and they taught me a cuople of submissions

I sparred twice at medium contact
    First against a boxer with some months of hard training
    I made him tap trough a Rear naked choke, but the next round I got my wind knocked because of a hook to the body

The thai boxer I made him tap trough a shitty Guillotine, the next round he went hard and punched my face several times I again tried to crapple when faced with solid striking (he has 8 months doing MT)

I think I just suck at striking maybe it was not my day who knows

I'm gonna assist a trial class of Judo and a class of BJJ at the place my friend trains

I guess I'm not a natural striker maybe Judo is the answer for me or Sambo or BJJ

Maybe I'm overreacting maybe Striking its the one for me there is just thing thats getting in the way...
    When we get to sparr I'm not good its such a shame!
    I look into your eyes and I want to get to punch you but then you make this tap and its apparent all over
    Give me your fucking man card you fucking *****. Let me know when you're tired of feeling sorry for yourself, because I have a nice batch of "Harden the **** up" cookies which goes very well with this cup of "shut the **** up" sweetened with "nobody gives a ****."

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Give me your fucking man card you fucking *****. Let me know when you're tired of feeling sorry for yourself, because I have a nice batch of "Harden the **** up" cookies which goes very well with this cup of "shut the **** up" sweetened with "nobody gives a ****."
    There you go trying to divide by zero again.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega divides by zero, then knees the result until it becomes a rational number.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 8:28pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am still waiting for my man card

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 8:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know Doofa. That half naked gun kata is going to be a one hell of a legacy to get past.

Just saying...

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    9/15/2012 8:35pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well at least i dont have moobs

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 6:27am

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Sir yes sir!
    I was just thinking that maybe Judo would be more fun
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast