Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 4:32pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quick medical question

Hi. I have accidentally gotten into a fight again. I got chocked with one hand this time. It was on a overfilled bus and it was hard to fight back because I was fighting multiple opponents that was hammering me so I couldn't focus on the guy that chocked me until I have fended of some dudes.. anyways. I am fine except for this.

My throat hurts. I can clearly feel that something is wrong with it and this is more than one week after the fight. I realize that this might be a good time to check in with the doctor. However I am going to do whatever before I visit the doctor because it is a real bitch to do so.
    I basically have to waste a hole day because of Que and ****. So I am going to ask here.

Is it possible that the guy that chocked me somehow did damage on my throat that needs repairing? I have no problems breeding. It hurts like hell when I swallow and my head and my left ear hurts as well .. and sometimes I am dizzy.

I got chocked with a one arm finger choke.

what do you guys think about this?

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go see your doctor; there are some things in life worth gambling on. This is not one of them.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    Is it possible that the guy that chocked me somehow did damage on my throat that needs repairing?
    In forensics, one of the signs of strangulation is a broken hyoid bone. This kind of thing can happen if someone throttles the throat with the hands, and even though the leverage isn't as good at knocking people out, this kind of choke seems a lot more dangerous on the structures of the neck than cokes in judo etc (I'm sure intent plays the biggest role here). This bone's structure in humans allows for speaking, and is the only bone that doesn't articulate with any other bones.

Hyoid bone damage can also be seen after autopsies, and its often the case that what they see is a hyoid bone with evidence of healing, meaning it can heal naturally given time (it also means that damage there wasn't the cause of death).

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it possible that the guy that chocked me somehow did damage on my throat
    Yes.

that needs repairing?
    Unless the damage is permanent, which is certainly possible.

I have no problems breeding.
    Not yet.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 6:14pm

Style: Humbleness

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no problems breeding.

what do you guys think about this?
    Good to know man how many kids?

But now seriously go to the doctor Its not worth it waiting to see if the damage goes away on its own

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 9:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to a motherfucking doctor.

Also, are you hoarse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 4:05pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It hurts when I swallow. also my Adam's apple it somewhat seems different. If I touch my throat there is like a "tube" in the middle of the throat and it is painfull when i touch the side of this "tube"
    I don't have a flue.. no coughing or goo. I do however have a headache and some pain along the neck up to the ear on the left side. I also have scratch marks two weeks after the incident. funny enough I didn't get many other injuries. only a bruising under one of my eyes. which is kind of strange. my face attracted hits like a magnet.

anyways about the fight. We have these crazy overfilled night bus where I live. The bus is designed for maybe 50 people but there are maybe 200 or something on them. When I got on there was a gang that also got on and started picking on people. after a few stops they started to punch people and **** like that and hell started. I went after "the leader" but he got a choke on me and it was difficult to move and fight because there was so many people around and around half of them were hitting me in the face. I broke the dudes grip on my throat forced myself close to him and tried to establish a standing arm triangle choke but I had zero success. then the bus stopped and the door opened. I throw the dude to the curbs. I grab one of his friends and throw him out as well. then the rest of the gang follows because alot of people are fighting them. it was a really chaotic situation and all. the dude that choked me tries to jump on the bus again to fight more. I kick him in the lower stomach area. He falls back and the doors close.

anyways I am done with my lab work for this week. I got some time off. Going to call my doctor and ask if this is something to worry about. I think I have alot of free time next week too so I will have time no matter how the doctor schedules it.

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 6:13pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It hurts when I swallow. also my Adam's apple it somewhat seems different. If I touch my throat there is like a "tube" in the middle of the throat and it is painfull when i touch the side of this "tube"

I don't have a flue.. no coughing or goo. I do however have a headache and some pain along the neck up to the ear on the left side.
    There are 2 tubes there- your trachea, which allows for air flow, and underneath it you have the esophagus, where food/water goes. The trachea has a hard covering called the laryngeal skeleton (your Adam's apple is part of it), while the esophagus is a softer "tube". There's also a C shaped bone called the hyoid bone along the front of the throat that might account for your Adam's apple feeling different. Seems that any of the structures I just mentioned could cause the irregularities you mentioned, but if its mostly in the side of a tube, I'd guess that the squeezing did some damage to the esophagus or windpipe. Since it hurts when you swallow, I'd guess the esophagus since that's the one that's carrying your spit to your stomach.

The auditory tube of your ear runs to the back of your nasal cavity. This is why sometimes infections can spread to/from the ears and throat. If your ears hurt, this connection is probably the reason.

Your neck is like the Internet- its a series of connected tubes. The interconnectedness of everything there is a good reason to get this looked at by a pro.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 6:56pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I the only person in this thread who doesn't know what a one arm finger choke is?

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 8:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    Am I the only person in this thread who doesn't know what a one arm finger choke is?
    I'm guessing it was a simple one handed domestic violence choke.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast