Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    It's shite being Scottish! You're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking earth.

That. That right there.

Hit that young guy with a shovel. Scott's have the best whiskey on the planet and he's drinking some clear ****.

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 5:17pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    That. That right there.

Hit that young guy with a shovel. Scott's have the best whiskey on the planet and he's drinking some clear ****.
    Ah, Joe, so near, soooo near.

Whiskey - with the 'e' is Irish. It's distilled at least twice so should be smooth on the palate.

Whisky - without the 'e' is Scottish. Often distilled once.

The Whisky/Whiskey connoisseurs will doubtless educate me on this one. :-)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 6:26pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Ah, Joe, so near, soooo near.

Whiskey - with the 'e' is Irish. It's distilled at least twice so should be smooth on the palate.

Whisky - without the 'e' is Scottish. Often distilled once.

The Whisky/Whiskey connoisseurs will doubtless educate me on this one. :-)
    Bad on me and I often forget which spelling .....

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68650

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    9/18/2012 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    So you did a Wales and **** the bed because your language was dead and decided to force school kids to waste their time learning something only 4 people speak. And then after 5 years of forcing kids to learn a language no one speaks, declare the programme a success based on all the government jobs that now require people to speak a language government decreed was mandatory?
    You bought up the language JUK

Oh, and I'm English by the way, emmigrating to Ireland to escape public school boys such as yourself
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 2:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Smokers that like to share thier smoke, then get all upity when you say politely go give youreslf cancer out side
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 5:21pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Non-smokers who come and sit outside the boozer with their smoking mates and then complain about the amount of smoke.

People who used to say "I like going down the pub, but I don't like coming home smelling of smoke. If they banned smoking I'd definitely go the pub more." shortly before smoking was banned and thousands of pubs went out of business.

People who **** up grammar/spelling on anything at work.

People who drive at 35-40mph on a road with a 60mph speed limit. All the main roads in Milton Keynes are 60mph. People tootle along them as if they're picking their way through a minefield. **** that winds me up.

People who smugly think they know better than everyone else what the definition of "disinterest" is.

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 10:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbirdseye View Post
    No, we talk shite. It's different.
    Shite is different from Gaelic...in what alternate universe?

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 6:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ Thrutch, I'd say you're a two shovel man

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 6:26am

Style: Shorin Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Face shovel for me pls.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2012 1:47pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Shite is different from Gaelic...in what alternate universe?

Only about three people can speak Gaelic, Shite is nationwide.

The language thing is true though, appalling accents and slang aside, most people don't know Gaelic - I only know a score or so words. I couldn't put a sentence together and I don't know anyone that can.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast