Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 8:29am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why I love jiu jitsu

Most people who know me know that I have never been much of an athlete. I spent much of my 20ís and 30ís contributing to the size of my gut. I smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish, and would be out of breath walking up a flight of stairs. A little more than a year ago I decided that enough was enough and got myself into what I thought was good shape. I lost 13 inches off my waist, grew some muscles, improved my cardio levels, and felt really good about it. That was fine until the day I walked into my jiu jitsu gym. It was on the mats where I experienced the feeling of true exhaustion.

So what is it about two guys hitting the mats and doing their best to choke each other or bend the otherís body into ways the human body is not meant to be bent. Is it just about learning how to fight or defend yourself? The answer to that question is no. While learning to fight is a great benefit of studying the art, but there is so much more to it than that. In my opinion Jiu Jitsu is your own journey towards personal improvement and individual accomplishment, and that journey never ends if you donít want it to. Itís real beauty is the fact that every failure is a victory in knowledge gained. Every success is a testament to excellent instruction, fantastic training partners, and each success, however small, is also a validation that the blood, sweat and tears left on the mat are worth it.

Which brings me to training last night. If you told me three months ago when I first walked through the door at Queens MMA that I would be able to get through 4 three minute rounds with no rest and a fresh partner every round, I would have said you have a screw loose. I would think Iíd be sitting in the corner crying like a schoolgirl who lost her favorite dolly. But that didnít happen. I have now experienced being pushed beyond my limit. A level of tired well beyond exhaustion, where the survival button clicks and nothing but pure will keeps you going, digging deeper than you ever have before. I have never experienced that in my life and Iím thankful to my training partners and my instructor for taking me to that undiscovered territory. Last night sealed the deal for and I believe in my heart that jiu jitsu will be part of my life forever.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 8:37am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep at it dude! I have been chatting with the head instructor at my judo club and we will probably start doing Sunday clinics and workouts on a regular basis. I will post it up soon when I get more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 1:32pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoUP View Post
    Most people who know me know that I have never been much of an athlete. I spent much of my 20’s and 30’s contributing to the size of my gut. I smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish, and would be out of breath walking up a flight of stairs. A little more than a year ago I decided that enough was enough and got myself into what I thought was good shape. I lost 13 inches off my waist, grew some muscles, improved my cardio levels, and felt really good about it. That was fine until the day I walked into my jiu jitsu gym. It was on the mats where I experienced the feeling of true exhaustion.

So what is it about two guys hitting the mats and doing their best to choke each other or bend the other’s body into ways the human body is not meant to be bent. Is it just about learning how to fight or defend yourself? The answer to that question is no. While learning to fight is a great benefit of studying the art, but there is so much more to it than that. In my opinion Jiu Jitsu is your own journey towards personal improvement and individual accomplishment, and that journey never ends if you don’t want it to. It’s real beauty is the fact that every failure is a victory in knowledge gained. Every success is a testament to excellent instruction, fantastic training partners, and each success, however small, is also a validation that the blood, sweat and tears left on the mat are worth it.

Which brings me to training last night. If you told me three months ago when I first walked through the door at Queens MMA that I would be able to get through 4 three minute rounds with no rest and a fresh partner every round, I would have said you have a screw loose. I would think I’d be sitting in the corner crying like a schoolgirl who lost her favorite dolly. But that didn’t happen. I have now experienced being pushed beyond my limit. A level of tired well beyond exhaustion, where the survival button clicks and nothing but pure will keeps you going, digging deeper than you ever have before. I have never experienced that in my life and I’m thankful to my training partners and my instructor for taking me to that undiscovered territory. Last night sealed the deal for and I believe in my heart that jiu jitsu will be part of my life forever.

How gay. We, who have read this gay post are now that much more gay for reading it. I shall now go out and show all my students how gay I am now. You keep being gay and we will all be gay for you.

Good job on stop blowing those faggots.

I assumed you stopped blowing faggots. Do you still blow faggots?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 2:01pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad I can spread the gay in a loving gay way. Now I shall go blow my ****** on a stack of hay. Have a nice day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 2:50pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to beat my wife and ignore my children emotionally and financially, now I train in jiu jitsu.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/14/2012 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudenoodle View Post
    I used to beat my wife and ignore my children emotionally and financially, now I train in jiu jitsu.
    "Now when I abuse them with jiujitsu, I don't leave any marks! Thanks, jiujitsu!"

Posted On:
    9/18/2012 8:16am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap that made me want to quit jiu jitsu.

Posted On:
    9/18/2012 8:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like cats.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/18/2012 8:59am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2012 9:05am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I no longer blow faggots. From now on I only blow Gracies. And I always wear my Rickson gi when doing it.