Page 87 of 138 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687 8889909197137 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 10:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Which, again, confirms my bias, that the "bases"and the "undecideds"...are all a bunch of fucking idiots.
    Really sort of kind of hard to argue with that

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:02pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Paul Ryan was so severely outclassed..

Biden smashed Numbers Gollum utterly.
    I wouldn't go that far, the only reason I intend to eat humble pie is because my expectations for Joe were so low practically anything short of riding a T-72 to the platform and announcing "In Soviet America, Premier Obama must vote for you!" whilst wearing an enormous fuzzy Russian hat counted as a bravua performance.

That said, he lied like a rug on the issue of embassy security, and LOL at Romney "using the Libyan attacks for political gain" from the administration trying to convince me the Prez personally rappelled down into the mountains and broke Bin Ladin's neck with nunchucks.

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, the only reason I intend to eat humble pie is because my expectations for Joe were so low practically anything short of riding a T-72 to the platform and announcing "In Soviet America, Premier Obama must vote for you!" whilst wearing an enormous fuzzy Russian hat counted as a bravua performance.

That said, he lied like a rug on the issue of embassy security, and LOL at Romney "using the Libyan attacks for political gain" from the administration trying to convince me the Prez personally rappelled down into the mountains and broke Bin Ladin's neck with nunchucks.
    Two things
    One do you really want to get into a fact checking war of Joe vs Ryan.
    Two Obama does deserve credit for the Navy Seal raid, giving that order was fraught with all sorts of **** that could have blown up in his face and very badly. Did he personally shoot him in the face no. However nothing about how politically cowardly Romney is even remotely suggest to me he would even dare take on the risk to send in the SEALs.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:28pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Two Obama does deserve credit for the Navy Seal raid, giving that order was fraught with all sorts of **** that could have blown up in his face and very badly. Did he personally shoot him in the face no. However nothing about how politically cowardly Romney is even remotely suggest to me he would even dare take on the risk to send in the SEALs.
    Of course. No President besides Obama has ever had the cojones to send a military unit into a dangerous situation to take out a high value target! Truly, it was bold rolling of the dice beside which Caesar crossing the Rubicon and Eisenhower giving the go ahead for Overlord pale in comparison.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But Vince, Biden said it was the most daring military maneuver of the last 200 years!

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course. No President besides Obama has ever had the cojones to send a military unit into a dangerous situation to take out a high value target! Truly, it was bold rolling of the dice beside which Caesar crossing the Rubicon and Eisenhower giving the go ahead for Overlord pale in comparison.
    See, how you give credit to them.
    However both of those examples are not spot on.
    A better example would have been the Bay of Pigs or the Iran Hostage Situation.

Had they failed or had it been someone else house the results would have been disastrous. We went into an "allies" unannounced to kill or capture someone the only thing that saved us was they got it right but these sort of things can go horrible wrong. If it did go wrong Obama would have been done. On the converse it going right didn't automatically give him a 2nd term.

:)

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ryan advocated massive cuts to diplomatic security, that kinda undercut his critique IMO. I'm sure had Bush and co. caught or killed Bin Laden, they'd not have taken any credit right?

The big story should be, other than big tax cuts, Romney/Ryan doesn't have a coherent plan for the deficit. Not that they are willing to put out to the public. Watch for the President to more directly challenge Romney's BS and contradictions/flip-flops.

This bullcrap about the math would take too long to explain. Please, if you can't sum it up, you don't understand it well enough, or it's not palatable, and people won't like it. Shouldn't the media be demanding this?

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 3:05pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    And yet CNN says the majority of Americans Paul Ryan won.
    The sample size for that 48-45 CNN poll was only 300 people, too.

The CBS news poll that gave it to Biden? 480 people.

If you do the math, that's about .0001%-.0002% of all registered voters.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/12/2012 3:09pm at .

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 3:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    If you do the math, that's about .0001%-.0002% of all registered voters.
    ssshhhh that side of the isle can't do the math =)

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 4:20pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post

Had they failed or had it been someone else house the results would have been disastrous. We went into an "allies" unannounced to kill or capture someone the only thing that saved us was they got it right but these sort of things can go horrible wrong. If it did go wrong Obama would have been done. On the converse it going right didn't automatically give him a 2nd term.
    When you consider all the incentives for the POTUS to say "no" to a mission like this, you begin to understand why it was a bold command decision. I give him points for it, and he has my respect.

However, the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (http://www.specialops.org/) got a charitable donation from me, the Obama Campaign didn't.