Posted On:
    10/04/2012 6:21pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    LOLZ maybe he could be both

Also he wrote that Obama is a communist

Remember "Religion is the opium of the people" Marx said it

So how can he be a Radical muslim/gay christian/communist?
    Sad to say from personal experience I've met people who thought that both Communism and Fascism are both left-wing movments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 7:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Am I the only one truly appalled by this?

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious...-declarations/
    That fact checking is dubious..

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 7:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    That fact checking is dubious..
    Yeah, it's not very well done. It's mostly students who do this stuff, though, AFAIK, so I am inclined to take this stuff in general with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    Sad to say from personal experience I've met people who thought that both Communism and Fascism are both left-wing movments.
    In all honesty, and because it's 2 AM in the morning, and I look forward to two wonderful hours of sleep left: This is why I don't occupy, even though most of the **** in Spain happens on my doorstep - quite literally, actually.

But for whom do I fight? - For people who call you a nerd if you have a library card. For people who skip the news to play playstation. For people who read sports magazines, instead of political newspapers. For people who brag about their cars, and about their last expensive holidays. For people who expect democracy, but are not willing to do anything for their freedom other than to march in a line, and chant whatever slogan you tell them.

Our generation was groomed to give up our freedom. And since we all are too busy think about it, as we work for sixpack abs and for the next Apple phone, this is what is going to happen.

Nah. Those clowns, they need to occupy themselves.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 10/04/2012 7:37pm at .

:)

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 9:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Between these two men, only one of them has a core. Romney is a paint-by-electoral-numbers failbot. A Gilded age throwback, but without all that built an industry baggage.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 9:50pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I spent the entire debate thinking how well Romney had practiced his speech, and how the President just seemed to respond to Romney's speeches instead of making any bold points of his own, almost as if he went defensive on purpose.

I think he's saving his best punches for the third debate, and kind of let Romney loose to see what he'd put out there. Now Romney may have overextended his position...he made quite a few absurd claims, whereas Obama was a bit more shifty in his language. I'm particular interested now in whether or not, as factcheck.org so solidly put it, Mitt "promises" he won't raise middle class taxes to do what he wants, which by the way includes $2 trillion of increases in unrequested military spending (after we just financed two wars).

How about a 2 trillion dollar tax cut for us instead of new aircraft carriers. Maybe?

Lawyers take better notes than businessmen. I'm interested in seeing how Obama attacks Romney's positions in the public now.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/04/2012 10:01pm at .

:)

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Lawyers take better notes than businessmen.
    That's the truth.

To me, the fact that Obama's cash advantage allows a more pronounced airing of contradictions Romney makes in TV/Radio ads, makes Obama being reserved in the debates a high priority at first. Republicans have a lot of money, but Obama's in-house cash goes further, b/c of preferential buy-rates for airings.

Romney, in being aggressive (lying on film), is giving them ammunition to add to the magical 47% video. Horse race aside, policies count in the end. Women, minorities, young people all lean toward Obama. The people most aware of this changing and interconnected world lean to the progressive.

These aren't the Bush years anymore. People know what Bush policies led to. They were so destructive, that the argument isn't whether GWB's administration fkucked us all, but only how fast the recovery was supposed to have happened. That's why Bush wasn't physically at the convention, or very much referenced (if at all in person). Those policies led to a horrific economic situation.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 10:09pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit;2727204[B
    How about a 2 trillion dollar tax cut for us instead of new aircraft carriers. Maybe?[/B]
    Guns make you strong. Butter just makes you fat.

And Wabbit, the man who said that knew a thing or three about what makes people fat, believe you me!

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 10:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Guns make you strong. Butter just makes you fat.

And Wabbit, the man who said that knew a thing or three about what makes people fat, believe you me!
    You just won the election for Obama.

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 1:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    How about a 2 trillion dollar tax cut for us instead of new aircraft carriers. Maybe?
    Well if you get to say 1 trillion dollars per air craft carrier then I get to save 100 Billion for killing off big bird.

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 1:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now...if Romney loses because he went after Big Bird....damn that would be one for the ages.

ARLINGTON, VA – March 1, 2011 – A national survey undertaken by the bipartisan polling firms of Hart Research and American Viewpoint indicates overwhelming public opposition (69% to 27%) to proposals to eliminate government funding of public broadcasting, with voters across the political spectrum opposed to such a cut, including 83% of Democrats, 69% of Independents, and 56% of Republicans. More than two-thirds (68%) of voters say that Congressional budget cutters should “find other places in the budget to save money.”

PBS commissioned this research to measure the organization’s performance and value as judged by its most important stakeholder – the American public. On behalf of PBS, the bipartisan polling team of Hart Research Associates (D) and American Viewpoint (R) conducted a nationwide telephone survey among a representative cross-section of 804 registered voters. Interviewing was conducted February 11-13, 2011, and the survey has an overall margin of error of 3.5%.
    http://www.pbs.org/about/news/archiv...s-elimination/