Page 6 of 138 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656106 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/16/2012 11:49pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No. I don't have a "side" since I'm an independent. I vote both ways, and Mitt Romney hasn't earned my vote, and won't, if the GOP keeps publicly lying about history to win votes and especially if they try to compare Romney to Reagan.

So did Algeria's, and I like how you're telling me this, when I posted the actual Accords.
    The accords are the agreement not what made the Iranians agree to it; which at this point is mostly speculation. Did the students back down, was the supreme ayotollah the driver, was the military calling the shots? Were they worried about Carter being a lame duck; willing to act more aggressively for instance. I object to the whole Carter did this or that reagan did this or that. Even the Eastern Block collapse may have ended different with different players on the Soviet side. Not just on the Western side.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 1:48am

Style: Western Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Iranians knew if they did not keep their part of the agreement, Reagan would send in the Troops. If you nwant these wars to end get the politos out. No ROEs from Congress. Let the Generals run the wars. They started managing from Kornea to present. How many of these politcos were Generals or even served? How many of you can plan a large scale war? Becuase of BO bowing and making excuses for terrorist actions , the USA is seen as weak with grit to finish. Rank Off, Bad for the B/p

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 8:49am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    The accords are the agreement not what made the Iranians agree to it; which at this point is mostly speculation
    Do you realize the Accords are mostly a list of Iranian demands that the US agreed to, minus the full apology sought for previous interventions in Iran?

You can't claim Iran's motivations were "speculation"....Iran got what it wanted. It was THEIR list of (mostly economic or legal) demands, not ours, with the exception of "let our people go".

Iran benefited significantly from the Algiers Accords, which is why the theory that they signed them out of fear or uncertainty just flies in the face of recorded history.

Also, Iran had been invaded by Iraq the same year (1980) that the secret talks began between the Carter administration and Sadegh Tabatabai, a relative of the Ayatollah's. Iran was not very concerned about an American invasion, they were more concerned about their own neighbors which is why they pushed to end the crisis on their end.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/17/2012 8:56am at .

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 9:18am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL at all of you looking through your own lenses and then saying "No U."

I'm going to use that same lens and say:

"I think 8 Billion dollars, that was frozen, and their fucked up the economy had more to do with anything related to Reagan or Carter.
    Rabbit,

You make a strong case for this ^^

Though i don't think we should minimize Carter's efforts for diplomacy and direct action and say it was just the money. The argument I could never make sense of was that the failed rescue attempt was somehow a sign of Carter's weakness. Maybe a military expert might be able to explain that one.

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 9:32am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I woke to watch more news this morning, I was just shocked that Mitt Romney and the GOP are all over the airwaves politicizing the attacks, and telling America how the embassy attack is Obama's fault because Obama is supposedly so weak against Islamic extremists...even as he constantly sends Flying Robotic Assassin Drones to take them out.

Fine if we play that game, that makes 9/11 all George Bush' fault. Bush made America look weak. Yet we voted to keep him for 7 more years, borrowing money for his misguided wars until we had actually weakened the country to the point of financial collapse.

I hate election years, so **** this thread in the ass; I'm going to do pushups.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/17/2012 9:37am at .

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 9:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't "weak" code for "should have left the dictators in charge"?

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 10:30am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 10:42am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're fat! The obesity epidemic is clearly all your fault!
    Shut the hell up and train.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    You're fat! The obesity epidemic is clearly all your fault!
    It clearly indicates a gross lack of self-control.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2012 7:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I woke to watch more news this morning, I was just shocked that Mitt Romney and the GOP are all over the airwaves politicizing the attacks, and telling America how the embassy attack is Obama's fault because Obama is supposedly so weak against Islamic extremists...even as he constantly sends Flying Robotic Assassin Drones to take them out.
    *Insert questioning the logistical trade off of exchanging a multi million dollar missle for some guy in a shack with an AK-47 and a copy of the Koran, and a query as to who going's to run out of what first. Add a secondary request for clarification, couched in vaguely derogatory terms, regarding whether POTUS will take personal blame for the innocent bystanders mowed down by said Hunter Killer Drones in the same manner he has taken credit for the legitimate targets blown to bits, finish with reference to Joseph Stalin, apply blinders to paralells re: The previous POTUS you voted for twice and similar situations in Iraq. Hit "Post Quick Reply".*
Page 6 of 138 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656106 ... LastLast