Page 46 of 138 FirstFirst ... 364243444546 474849505696 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2012 11:23pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dustyfailedvoter: Look at my Bio, I can be a bigot, FEAR ME.
    Posters: NO.
    DustyangryBigot:

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 12:34am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Believe it or not, we actually did have an emperor briefly, but the idea never really caught on...
    My first couple of cars had Emperor Norton stickers on them. I stumbled across him via Robert Antonio Wilson's books I think.

He'd make a great Bullshido "Monday Motivation" about the power of believing in yourself.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

:)

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    He must be doing something right. Even foreign leaders would support him.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...endorses-obama
    Interesting a stated dictator running for reelection. Fascinating use of wordage.

Chavez recognizing Obama as an intelligent and decent man, is in line with most of the world's estimation. Bush The Younger manifested under Presidential micro-analysis as a simpleton, and boisterous blustering rubber stamp for far-right advisers, and back-room supporters. The rampant corruption of the Bush jr. years were a stain, on the nation's history.

I'm stunned that there isn't a strong national will to raise the ceiling on SS taxes above 110K, rather than privatize, voucherize, or gut the program.

If Obama had even bigger sand-dragging balls than he does, he would say...we reduce the SS tax to 2%, for everyone, on all income, and no more capital gains tax 15% bollocks. All income is equal, they could even lower the top rate a bit. Suddenly, **** like Bain structuring income as capital gains, rather than normal people money disappears. The treasury can use the surplus to pay down the national debt. Voila.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 12:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your looking for a flat tax?
    I am a believer in progressive taxation, while I don't want to punish people for being successful their comes a point though where you do need to give bit a back more to society.
    At some point success if no longer about having enough it becomes a game to have as much as you can and where there is no appreciable difference in your life.
    Do you really think the guy that makes 100 million a year lives a much better life then the guy that makes 10 million a year?

:)

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 12:53am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with progressive tax rates, but if you dropped the top rate to 28 or 30, and ended the capital gains lower bracket, and taxed SS all the way up, everything would be running more smoothly IMO.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 1:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    I agree with progressive tax rates, but if you dropped the top rate to 28 or 30, and ended the capital gains lower bracket, and taxed SS all the way up, everything would be running more smoothly IMO.
    I honestly don't believe we need to tax SS at any higher of a rate.
    No need, social security is financially healthy and in no danger of failing.

Capital gains is a tricky one, access to capital is important, it being taxed at a lower rate is incentive for people to put their capital out in the market in order for it to make gains.
    Its not so much people I am worried about pulling back its institutions.

Top rate I am not really worried about at all anyone making any real money doing it through capital gains. Hitting our top tier of our tax rate at a mere $388,351 is in my estimation more of the issue. Honestly we could use more tears, big difference between someone who makes 388,351 and someone that makes 500,000 and even more with someone that makes a 1,000,000. Shift the tiers up so that the guy making a 1,000,000 through wages is paying 40% and work your way down.

I think actually having a nasty top tier might be good, it will put some of these ass hat CEOS, Presidents, VPs, Directors in their place. They shouldn't be getting paid huge wages, their income should be directly tied to how well the company is doing and that means stocks which means capital gains.
    Sick of seeing CEOs making 1-100 million a year in wages as they bankrupt their company and then have to lay off workers.

The real issue here though isn't income tax, thats all bullshit. The problem is that institutions and corporations are not paying their fair share. Don't get me wrong I am far from anti-corporation or capitalist I am actually very pro these things, I just don't think they are so fragile as to not be able to pay their fair share as some would want everyone to believe.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 7:06am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This appears to be a fair and simple way to have an influx. The problem isn't the money coming in, it is the money being spent. As soon as the money starts coming in and piling up, one of our legislators has an idea of how to spend it. If there isn't money for his project, he figures a way to rob and pillage another fund (like social security). I always pay my fair share, and don't bitch about that; my complaint has always been how it is squandered.

And George W. Bush was quite embarrassing to the nation as a whole. He did a bang-up job in Texas and was pretty much a fail in the big chair.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 7:25am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm stunned that there isn't a strong national will to raise the ceiling on SS taxes above 110K, rather than privatize, voucherize, or gut the program.
    Because a large majority of us are tired of being told we are too unintelligent to handle our own money by a government that takes from us for our betterment and then turns around and wastes it.

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 7:40am

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 7:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This one is somewhat confusing...are you against jobs?